PDA

View Full Version : hull scratch removal

Bobby
06-12-2005, 05:17 PM
One of the boards on the trailer rotted away and broke during transport to the lake. I got the boat off of the trailer fine but the metal part of the trailer that is under the board had its way with the hull :mad: . The scratches arent very deep and the gelcoat isn't cracked and no fiberglass is exposed. My question is - how do I get these scratches out? :confused:

Cloaked
06-12-2005, 08:14 PM
One of the boards on the trailer rotted away and broke during transport to the lake. I got the boat off of the trailer fine but the metal part of the trailer that is under the board had its way with the hull :mad: . The scratches arent very deep and the gelcoat isn't cracked and no fiberglass is exposed. My question is - how do I get these scratches out? :confused:Got any pics of the 84 Skier? I'd like to see yEr boat!

SKI*MC
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
We just had ours re-gelcoated. It looked ok, untill the first time i brought it up on shore. Other wise, if they are shallow scraches, really fine grit sandpaper might do the trick, or if it is really deep, having certain parts of the hull might not be a bad option.