PDA

View Full Version : Cost of installing Keyless entry

airdrew99
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I was wondering how much you guys might charge someone to install a keyless entry/remote start system. I installed a system today for someone. It was on a '97 model vehicle. It took a lot longer than expected. It should have taken an hour or two, but it took me about 7-8 hours. The wires were labeled correctly in the wiring diagram, so we had to find the wires on our own. If you were to pay someone to install this for you, how much would you pay, or how much would you charge to install this for someone. Thanks for any advice.

Drew

TMCNo1
12-13-2009, 10:32 PM
I was wondering how much you guys might charge someone to install a keyless entry/remote start system. I installed a system today for someone. It was on a '97 model vehicle. It took a lot longer than expected. It should have taken an hour or two, but it took me about 7-8 hours. The wires were labeled correctly in the wiring diagram, so we had to find the wires on our own. If you were to pay someone to install this for you, how much would you pay, or how much would you charge to install this for someone. Thanks for any advice.

Drew

I had a Harrada keyless remote entry/security/remote start system installed several years ago on our Astro van and it was $350 including the system. It didn't take the guy but 3 hours to install.

puck_11
12-13-2009, 10:41 PM
For a friend, a nice case of micro brew beer.

JimN
12-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Drew

Most places that install them as part of their business charge in the area of $150 on up, depending on how elaborate it is. They also have reference books and sites that can be accessed for wiring diagrams and color codes, but on a '97, they would already know it from installing alarms. from doing it all the time, they know all of the fast ways to get to things and hopefully install it correctly and reliably. Unfortunately, some places take short cuts and care more about getting it done fast, instead of getting it right. If it was a GM, it should have taken the hour or two stated since it should only need to connect to about 8 wires.

Fun, isn't it? How does your back feel today?

airdrew99
12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
My back is definitely sore from leaning into the vehicle all day. Thanks though.

Drew