PDA

View Full Version : Gps Speed?

TayMC197
12-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Is there anyone who makes a GPS speed guage that will fit in place of the old analog guage? I have looked everywhere, Yamaha makes one. The rest I have found are high speed guages up to 140 mph... That might be handy for barefooting. j/k Seriously, if anyone knows, please inform me. I would like to get a Mastercraft one if possible.

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Here is one (http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/speedo_gps.htm)....you'll have to click on the link for the ski version under more waterproof gauges. It is set to register the speeds we run in our boats and is available in most any color. Brace yourself for the price however.

RMUDBUGS
12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
just put your tom tom in your boat. That's what I do.

j2nh
12-13-2009, 02:46 PM
We use the Livorsi "Ski" units in our show club's twin rig and I have several friends using them in their older ProStars. Reliable, easy to read but expensive.
Other options include a hand held GPS (not as easy to read), or go with Perfect Pass and gain speed control.

scramison
12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm with J2nh get some speed control.

Jerseydave
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Here's a nice kit for under $400

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/product.php?productid=18738&cat=72&page=1

ghind
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I just got off the phone with a guy who runs nordskog instruments and he has had serious reliability problems and warranty problems. He runs a different model (for ski racing) but they sound like a bad option to me.

GPS is normally too slow for skiing. 1hz (one update per second) is not very good at all. It sounds like it is fast enough, but it really isn't. At least try it with a handheld unit first before you part with serious money.

I have both a 1hz GPS in my boat plus perfect pass and it is interesting to compare.

Perfect Pass GPS updates 5 times per second which is excellent and works great in practice - even just using it as a speedo. You don't have to buy the perfect pass servo motor and a few other parts but you might as well if you've already spent that much.

Otherwise you can still get airguides www.airguide.com.au