PDA

View Full Version : Even More Ballast 2007 X2

venetrex
12-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I Have a 2007 X2 with the fly high additional ballast. It works great, however when I want a good surf wake and we only have 2 people I struggle to surf it easily. I was thinking of adding another sac. The long skinny flyhigh one, adds 260 lbs in the locker where the cooler is. I figured I could add a ballast puppy teed off of the kgb line before the pump and use a check valve on the vent and go into left side vent for the kgb/stock ballast. I will only have it full if eveything else is full. My question is, is that the right sac for the job? Has anyone tried this? Or is it a waste of money? It's 15 degrees here today do I have some time.

JohnE
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I emailed the company that makes fat sacs from their website with some questions and Mike Siepel called me back with some specific recommendations. You might try that route. I don't have the website bookmarked, but you'll find it if you search. Then again, the X2 is so popular that someone here will have some good advice.

ttu
12-11-2009, 10:33 AM
i do something similiar to what you are talking about. i have a extra 250lb bag that i stick in the area where the ice chest is out. i do not have the ballast plumbed into the exisiting system. i just fill with the fly high tsunami pump.

really helps the wake when there are just a couple of you out for the day.

GMAC
12-19-2009, 02:41 PM
What size bag are you using in the locker? I think a lot of the Fly High kits come with 400s. I use a Fly High 900 in the rear locker and it surfs great even with just 2 in the boat. Just upgrading that sac mitgh save you some install work and keep your cooler spot open.

Justjoe
12-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm running (goofy side) the flyhigh in the starboard locker, full integrated front sac, and an old "side sac" on the seat behind the drivers seat. Nice surf wake.

mccobmd
12-19-2009, 10:48 PM
It's kind of old school but I have a set of dumbells (2 of each) weighing 50,55,60,65 lbs. Put them all in the bow for skiing, 50's and 55's in the rear lockers one each side for wakeboarding, 50 and 55's on port side middle with 60 and 65's up front on port side for surfing. (have 750lbs in port rear and KGB filled for surfing). It's really quick to move around. I have a 2006 X1 so the weight in the bow helps the ski wake. I put them all in the port bow for surfing if I have people with me. I'm 190lbs and can ride a red woody as far as I want with just me and my son. Downside is hauling it around but it's worth it to me not to have to fill another sac. Also I use the weights in my home gym in the winter. It's worth it to get the rubber coated, no rust on the carpet.