PDA

View Full Version : '06 X-Star

xstarplease
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Anyone know anything about this boat? He sent me some better, non-blurry pictures. The trailer is a galvanized dealer trailer that he had borrowed while the dealer was working on his trailer. It comes with a red Mastercraft trailer. He said he did use it for two summers in the St. Johns river which is brackish, but he said it was flushed and cleaned after every use. Let me know what you experts think about this boat. I just sent him a laundry list of questions using the FAQ section on here as a guide.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=817354

Also, what do you all think is a better buy out of the following (all MCX engines) if they are all priced the same and optioned similarly?

2006 X star listed above with 500 hrs
2006 X2 with 70 hrs
2006 X30 with 450 hrs (280 on dealer replaced engine)

Thanks

sand2snow22
12-10-2009, 11:20 AM
I've seen that boat on wakeworld. Other than that I don't know much about it. If you're looking in that price range I might as well show you a boat my buddy has for sale. I know he can help with shipping.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=818578

xstarplease
12-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I've seen that boat on wakeworld. Other than that I don't know much about it. If you're looking in that price range I might as well show you a boat my buddy has for sale. I know he can help with shipping.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=818578

I saw that boat first on wakeworld too. Your friend's boat looks really clean. I came across it a few days ago. It is just sooo far away from me. The X30 I was referring to is the blue metalflake '06 in Indiana that is on boattrader.

l8kebum
12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I saw that boat first on wakeworld too. Your friend's boat looks really clean. I came across it a few days ago. It is just sooo far away from me. The X30 I was referring to is the blue metalflake '06 in Indiana that is on boattrader.

i shipped my x-star from flordia to oklahoma. if you are looking out of state, check out uship.com. basically ebay for shipping. shippers will bid out your boat move. i had great luck doing this.

xstarplease
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
i shipped my x-star from flordia to oklahoma. if you are looking out of state, check out uship.com. basically ebay for shipping. shippers will bid out your boat move. i had great luck doing this.

Thanks for the info. I am registered on uship. My brother has a guy that he uses who is impossible to beat on price. I've used him for a car and a boat out of New York and California, respectively. Uship is a good backup plan though. Once I decide on the boat, I hope I can convince a fellow teamtalker to check it out for me to save me the cost of a flight.

Jerseydave
12-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Looks like Jim@BAWS has one for sale with the 6.0 liter

http://www.bayareawatersports.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=2348227&bvdid=3121&type=AN&indid=1&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&#

I can't say enough about Jim and some of the other dealers that are on here giving us great deals and advise. You might want to shop them first (sorry, not trying to put the kybosh on anyone elses deal here) Others include Mike @ MYMC and Eric @ Chicago MC.

Jerseydave
12-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Another X-star listed by NJ Mastercraft

http://www.njmastercraft.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=015646X12K10K2009J8I01I 36JPMQ5107R0&veh=50102&pov=1427248

venetrex
12-11-2009, 09:07 AM
WOW pricing is all over the place for these boats. Some people want over $60,000 for the same boat.

jdl xstar
12-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Anyone know anything about this boat? He sent me some better, non-blurry pictures. The trailer is a galvanized dealer trailer that he had borrowed while the dealer was working on his trailer. It comes with a red Mastercraft trailer. He said he did use it for two summers in the St. Johns river which is brackish, but he said it was flushed and cleaned after every use. Let me know what you experts think about this boat. I just sent him a laundry list of questions using the FAQ section on here as a guide.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=817354

Also, what do you all think is a better buy out of the following (all MCX engines) if they are all priced the same and optioned similarly?

2006 X star listed above with 500 hrs
2006 X2 with 70 hrs
2006 X30 with 450 hrs (280 on dealer replaced engine)

Thanks

For just a couple k more, buy my 07 X2 which is in excellent condition, 126 hrs and has all the options you'd want on this model... click on the link on my signature. oh and NO salt water. Price is negotiable too...

Smoothie
12-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I agree check out what Jim may have give him a call. Stand up guy and stands behind the boats he sells. I bought mine from him.

xstarplease
12-11-2009, 10:59 AM
WOW pricing is all over the place for these boats. Some people want over $60,000 for the same boat.

The one I listed is about the cheapest nice 06 Star that I have seen, and I've been searching hard for a few months. The crazy thing is that he can't sell it for that, or he hasn't been able to so far. It seems like used boats aren't changing many hands right now not only because it's winter, but there is also that ugly E word to consider (economy). I'm speaking a bit beyond my knowledge level, so I would be curious to see how dealers used sales have been. I'm assuming the new sales must be at least steady if Mastercraft is recalling workers to build more boats. There are just some individuals across the country that need/want to get out from under their boats badly.

sand2snow22
12-11-2009, 11:05 AM
The one I listed is about the cheapest nice 06 Star that I have seen, and I've been searching hard for a few months. The crazy thing is that he can't sell it for that, or he hasn't been able to so far. It seems like used boats aren't changing many hands right now not only because it's winter, but there is also that ugly E word to consider (economy). I'm speaking a bit beyond my knowledge level, so I would be curious to see how dealers used sales have been. I'm assuming the new sales must be at least steady if Mastercraft is recalling workers to build more boats. There are just some individuals across the country that need/want to get out from under their boats badly.

Now is a great time to buy, being the holiday season. After January 1st, you have boat show season and things will pick up. Used boats will pick after people see new boat prices. Also, lots of boats going to Canada as I hear their dollar is strong and our dollar is weak.

xstarplease
12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Now is a great time to buy, being the holiday season. After January 1st, you have boat show season and things will pick up. Used boats will pick after people see new boat prices. Also, lots of boats going to Canada as I hear their dollar is strong and our dollar is weak.

Good to know. I didn't realize sales would start picking up as soon as the first of the year, but I can definitely see the logic behind it. I hope to have a boat under deposit before Christmas.

ttu
12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
have you checked with ski and sports in rogers arkansas, they are a really good dealership and they have a nice looking X15 in stock.

Eagle Lake Rebel
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM
One problem private sellers may be facing when trying to sell pricer boats is buyer financing. I would think it is a lot harder to get a boat loan these days for a used boat. I'm in the middle of building our lake house and getting the construction loan was way more of a pain than what it was a couple of years ago.

Jerseydave
12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
For just a couple k more, buy my 07 X2 which is in excellent condition, 126 hrs and has all the options you'd want on this model... click on the link on my signature. oh and NO salt water. Price is negotiable too...

That's a fine looking X-2 right there! She should be pretty stout with the MCX too!

jdl xstar
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
That's a fine looking X-2 right there! She should be pretty stout with the MCX too!

Thank you sir! It is an excellent boat for sure. MCX pops it out of the hole with a boat full of people without any problems. The next owner will not be disapointed!

Jim@BAWS
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
One problem private sellers may be facing when trying to sell pricer boats is buyer financing. I would think it is a lot harder to get a boat loan these days for a used boat. I'm in the middle of building our lake house and getting the construction loan was way more of a pain than what it was a couple of years ago.

You are correct...It should have been alot tougher in the first place. THATS THE PROBLEM

People getting financed w/ CREDIT scores of 660 was BS. Did I sell the boat YES. That was a banking decision to loan the money on the boat NOT THE DEALER

If you are credit worthty then take that extra step to prove it. If you arnt. then step back and get your act together. I know times are tough...try being a dealer.

Jim@BAWS

xstarplease
12-14-2009, 10:25 AM
If you are credit worthty then take that extra step to prove it. If you arnt. then step back and get your act together. I know times are tough...try being a dealer.

Jim@BAWS

I'm not borrowing money on the boat. I have a cash price budget, and I'm not going over it.

xstarplease
12-14-2009, 10:28 AM
have you checked with ski and sports in rogers arkansas, they are a really good dealership and they have a nice looking X15 in stock.

That boat is well past my budget. Thanks though.