PDA

View Full Version : Good fiberglass person in Charlotte NC

cpaladino
12-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Fiberglass/gel coat guy in Charlotte NC. I have an older PS 205 that the previous owner had taken a tower off from and left some spots on the sides. They also put a two scrapes in the keel about 3 each and one where the back of the windshield connects to the boat. I have a some quotes that are about $800 for all the work but I don't know who does work. Since all of it is cosmetic I want it to look good if I am going to do it. Also I read that no fiberglass or gel coat work can be done when it is below 60 degrees outside. Since it is now winter here in charlotte does anyone know if the shops still operate heated indoors or if I would have to wait till about march to get the work done.

TMCNo1
12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
The first person I would ask in Charlotte is Mike here, http://mymastercraft.com/

andyhoyt
12-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I have a heated shop where we do lots of gelcoat and fiberglass work. We are off exit 36. I am a Mastercraft owner and a previous service manager at a Mastercraft dealership. I have taught the service schools, written the flat rate manuals, etc. We specialize in ski boat work. Please call me when you have a chance. Andy 704-517-7380

TMCNo1
12-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I have a heated shop where we do lots of gelcoat and fiberglass work. We are off exit 36. I am a Mastercraft owner and a previous service manager at a Mastercraft dealership. I have taught the service schools, written the flat rate manuals, etc. We specialize in ski boat work. Please call me when you have a chance. Andy 704-517-7380

Don't get any better that this!

SkiDog
12-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Don't get any better that this!

Andy IS the man! We go way back! Fla. Water Sports, BABEEEEEEE

Jim@BAWS
12-10-2009, 09:27 AM

I'll vouch for Andy Hoyt...Great guy, knows his stuff, seen his work. Give him a call.

Jim@BAWS

MYMC
12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew of a good Fiberglass/gel coat guy in Charlotte NC. I have an older PS 205 that the previous owner had taken a tower off from and left some spots on the sides. They also put a two scrapes in the keel about 3 each and one where the back of the windshield connects to the boat. I have a some quotes that are about $800 for all the work but I don't know who does work. Since all of it is cosmetic I want it to look good if I am going to do it. Also I read that no fiberglass or gel coat work can be done when it is below 60 degrees outside. Since it is now winter here in charlotte does anyone know if the shops still operate heated indoors or if I would have to wait till about march to get the work done.
There is only one person in this area to do this work his name is Jeff Campbell (704) 202-3884...

MANY will claim they can but I have never seen anyone stand behind their work like Jeff.

SkiDog
12-10-2009, 11:52 AM
There is only one person in this area to do this work his name is Jeff Campbell (704) 202-3884...

MANY will claim they can but I have never seen anyone stand behind their work like Jeff.

If he's the one that did Chiefs boat, I would agree. he does good work.

MYMC
12-10-2009, 12:00 PM
If he's the one that did Chiefs boat, I would agree. he does good work.
That would be the guy...

SkiDog
12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
That would be the guy...

Never seen a metalflake repair THAT good! Damn fine job~!

Jim@BAWS
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Never seen a metalflake repair THAT good! Damn fine job~!

Metal Flake boats. Who in there right mind would own one of those?

Whats next a BASS BOAT Please !!!

Jim@BAWS

MYMC
12-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Jim@BAWS
Can I show you the CSX220 and CSX265...can a "basstar" really be that far out of the question?

JohnE
12-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Jim@BAWS

Some guy from your parts won a award with one fine looking black and silverflake 197 IIRC. Then the dummy upgraded to an XSTAR.:confused:

Monte
12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Some guy from your parts won a award with one fine looking black and silverflake 197 IIRC. Then the dummy upgraded to an XSTAR.:confused:

I thought YOU upgraded to a X-14:rolleyes:8p

cpaladino
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys appreciate all of the help I am going to be making some calls and trying to get some work setup in January, Hopefully getting the boat back looking like she was supposed to.

SkiDog
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I thought YOU upgraded to a X-14:rolleyes:8p

I think he may have been referring to Mark Vance.:idunno:

Jim@BAWS
12-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I think he may have been referring to Mark Vance.:idunno:

Yes you do know !!! You are correct

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Can I show you the CSX220 and CSX265...can a "basstar" really be that far out of the question?

Or that far away

Only you know "OH GREAT ONE" Ha Ha Ha

JohnE
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes you do know !!! You are correct

Jim@BAWS

Yup, I was talking about Mark. I wish I knew him when I was trying to decide how the black and silver would look with the white deck which is what I ended up ordering on the X14.

(FWIW, the black deck looks much better than the white. Except for the times when I'm cleaning the thing, I wish I went the all black route.)