PDA

View Full Version : Post photos of your winter projects

markismm
12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I have several winter projects I plan on undetaking this winter. Here are some photos of my first project. My brother and I recently decided to upgrade to a Edelbrock Performer Intake. In the process of upgrading we decided to clean up the look of the entire motor. It already looked fantastic compard to what you typically see out there, but we decided to replace the stock valve covers with "Cobra" valve covers and make some other aesthetic changes. I will post more photos as we complete our project. Please post photos of any project you undertake this winter on this thread.

Motor in progress:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0409copy.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0408.jpg

Fresh paint on the exhaust manifolds (by the way, we are trying a wrinkle finish on the manifolds instead of a stock gloss):

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0403.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0404.jpg

More to come as the winter passes...

justinglow
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Those manifolds look great!

CantRepeat
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
The boat and motor look great. Can't wait to see it next spring!

markismm
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I appreciate the comment about the manifolds. I just hope the wrinkle paint holds up. We used a 350 degree wrinkle paint on the entire manifold except the the portion of the runners that are not water jacketed and meet up directly with the heads. We used a high heat engine enamel there. I can't imagine that the rest of the manifolds get over 300 degrees on any other portion. Typically you can touch the manifold with you hand for a few seconds when they are hot and it won't burn you.

TX.X-30 fan
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
That looks outstanding senior.

markismm
12-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Coming along. A piece here, a part there.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0527asSmartObject-2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0528asSmartObject-2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0531asSmartObject-2.jpg

DemolitionMan
12-14-2009, 10:06 PM
That looks great. You may want to check with skidim.com to see if they still have some chrome pullies and raw water pumps left.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I bought this MC from a guy on the lake we live on. He gave me the boat but I payed $100.00 for the tralier this is no joke. Now that I have time to work on it I have redone the motor put new heads on it and painted it ford blue. Now that is snowing here in MI it is time for me to get the boat preped and get some paint on it. Here is some pics of it.

markismm
12-18-2009, 11:02 AM
How is the actual gel-coat. Is is cracked and busting up. If not, you should try to buff it out with rubbing compound first. Did the guy say why the boat was being "given away" as opposed to being sold? I can tell it needs work, but how is the overall mechanical condition? By the way, I may have missed it, but what year is that boat. I assume you are going to move the boat inside during the snow correct? Take some photos of the engine, interior, and instrument cluster too. I'd like to see what you've got there.

cbryan70
12-18-2009, 11:21 AM
80 to 83 or 84 is my guess?

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello Markismm, it is a 1980 stars and stripes . The only spot I see in the gel coat that is real bad is on top front by the window is spider cracked. I tryed to buff it out but the gel coat is way to gone to bring it back to life. My father and I own a body shop we do work on fiberglass and I have a friend of mine that owns a boat restoring shop he has come over and took a look at it and said it is in wonderful shape all but the corner I had metioned. The guy I got it from said to me he was tired of it being in his yard and and it had been setting for 19 years and for me to come get it. So I went over to his house. I seen it was on the trailer I said to him ok I can have the boat what about the trailer? $100.00 you can have it. I couldnt get the money out of my pocket fast enough. He haned me all the paper work for it and brought it home. It interior was all eaten by the squirls but the frames are all good. I took up the floor going to put a new one down. I will get some more pics for you I got new speedo gauges from AUS. but there new airguide speedos and I had the front "V" air intake and the rear blower vent redone with a cnc and all polished I will get some pics of them too. More to come thanks for lookin.

dmminfla
12-18-2009, 12:56 PM
80 to 83 or 84 is my guess?

The boat has a square windsheild. I think that would make it 82+

tph
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
The boat has a square windsheild. I think that would make it 82+

I think some late 81's had the newer windshield too. Also, is that reverse gelcoat with the metalflake on the deck and "non stripe" hull?

Sodar
12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Color scheme is similar to this one: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21589&highlight=unique

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 02:37 PM
TPH, On all the paper work I have say 1980 but might be early 80'S not to sure. I agree yes that is the way it looks to be. I am not to sure how most older MC could have had the "non stripe" hull. I tryed to look at the pic that Sodar posted cant seem to find it.

Sodar
12-18-2009, 02:43 PM
http://media.channelblade.com/boat_graphics/dealers/3121/digi33217174_l.jpg

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=34988&stc=1&d=1211113229

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=34989&stc=1&d=1211113701

thatsmrmastercraft
12-18-2009, 02:57 PM
TPH, On all the paper work I have say 1980 but might be early 80'S not to sure. I agree yes that is the way it looks to be. I am not to sure how most older MC could have had the "non stripe" hull. I tryed to look at the pic that Sodar posted cant seem to find it.

Great looking project for an incredible price. What is the hull ID number on the back of the boat? That will identify the year.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanks Sodar, There we go that is what it looks like it has the tan skins like on the right side. Wow that is nice pic to see what the boat looked like when it was new. Is there any thing I should know about this type of boat I see it is an LTD. I am wondering if I should try and get the true finish back even if I have to re-gel coat it?

Sodar
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
I'd try to restore it as close to original as possible. That think is a piece of MC history and Jim agrees... it is very unique! :D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks Sodar, There we go that is what it looks like it has the tan skins like on the right side. Wow that is nice pic to see what the boat looked like when it was new. Is there any thing I should know about this type of boat I see it is an LTD. I am wondering if I should try and get the true finish back even if I have to re-gel coat it?

I will give you $200 for it without even seeing it. You can double your money ! ! !

Seriously, a hundred for an LTD?!? Wow! Have a blast putting it back together. Keep posting pics as you go.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 03:08 PM
LOL I have been offered 3k for it just like it is. I have turned it down. I guess I am real lucky to have a MC like this. I have never seen one like this on any other lakes must not be to many around. Tahtsmrmastercraft I am serious as a heart attack I payed $100.00 for it I had my next door neibor go with me to get it and he couldnt belive it. I will keep pics and post going for all to see. Thanks Jim

Wacko
12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I would definitely try and restore the gelcoat as opposed to painting it. Painting it will definitely hurt the resale of the boat. Then again even if painted I am sure you will probably get your $100.00 out of it.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Jim, I believe you. A guy just stumbles onto a deal once in a while. I traded a boat I had $900 invested in for the '77 I have now. I have less than $1400 into it as it sits now. I do have a long Things To Do List, but its perfectly operational now. Best of luck.

tph
12-18-2009, 03:45 PM
1980 might be right if it's an LTD. Wow, I wonder how many of those were produced? Does anyone know? I would definitely try to return it to it's original form. Though, that much metalflake restoration might be a challenge. Please keep us updated on the restoration.

And about the price... All I can say is Santa came early this year...What a gift!

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Wacko, Your right either way it goes I am sure I will got my hundred back out of it lol.

Thatsmrmastercraft, Verry sharp boat I love the old style of boat. How is the handling of the boat? and for pulling skiers? Thanks for all the luck I am sure I will need all I can get.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 03:54 PM
TPH, I am going to keep it as orignal as I can. I am going to make a stop at my buddys shop and see what we can do to restore it back to it real luster. I was thinking of just painting it but by all the responce I have gotten I am going to keep it the way it was bought. I would also like to know how many where made with this kind of boat might be hard ro how many are still in use today. I will keep you posted. "Thank god for santa".

O2BESOHUGE
12-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Coming along. A piece here, a part there.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0527asSmartObject-2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0528asSmartObject-2.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0531asSmartObject-2.jpg

YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK ON THE VALVE COVERS. I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS ON MY OLD NAUTIQUE. MASTERCRAFT AND NAUTIQUE TECHNITIONS TOLD ME A MARINE ENGINE'S VALVE COVERS DO NOT REQUIRE THE BREATHERS ON THEM. MY 69 NAUTIQUE WAS BLOWING OIL OUT OF THEM AND MAKING A MESS!! AFTER REPLACING VALVE COVER GASKETS AND CLEANING EVERYTHING AND PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER. .. I STIL HAD OIL COMING FROM SOMEWHERE. THATS WHEN THE MECHANICS TOLD ME ABOUT THE BREATHERS. I CHANGED THE COVERS BACK OUT AND HAD NO PROBLEMS SINCE.

ID HATE FOR THAT PRETTY ENGINE AND BILGE TO BE COVERED WITH OIL THE FIRST TIME YOU PUT IT IN THE WATER!

CHECK IT OUT FIRST!
JAY

thatsmrmastercraft
12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Thatsmrmastercraft, Verry sharp boat I love the old style of boat. How is the handling of the boat? and for pulling skiers? Thanks for all the luck I am sure I will need all I can get.

Jim, she drives like a dream. As far as the pull goes, I plan to reprop it (most likely with a 4 blade CNC) as well as install GT-40P heads for a little more oomph on getting multiple skiers up on a deep water start.

This is my first Mastercraft and I am living the dream. I hope your experience is as enjoyable as mine. This forum and all the knowledgeable people who reside here have made my transition from an I/O owner to a real ski boat owner / restorer possible. When in doubt, do your research in the archives and ask all the questions you need answered.....just be sure to include pictures. You can get an answer to anything on here as long as you have a picture to include.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Here are the aluminum parts I had cut for the front and rear vents. It is worth what I payed for them($550.00) and to have them both polished and drilled. you can see the cut out for the rear moulding to fit in side the vent cover. they will look good on it.

americanskierJim
12-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Mark, I have found out how to make a thread about my MC it is called LTD Winter project. Hope to catch up with you guys there and see how things are going. Thanks for letting me post some pics here to get started. Wonderful job on the motor it looks great. Hope to see more pics of it when it all done. Thanks AmericanskierJim

markismm
12-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I just hope you enjoy your Stars and Stripes as much as I enjoy mine. It is truly a time traveler. It is like driving a classic muscle car. Not many of them out there. I am glad you have decided to try to restore the gel-coat before painting it. If it can be restored it is well worth the money and elbow grease it will take. The folks here on the forum are glad to see another new MC owner who is excited about his steal, I mean purchase. You really got a good deal on the boat. Do you have the teak platform. If so what kind of condition is it in. The CNC parts look fantastic. They will really add to the boats appearance especially when the gel coats starts to shine again after buffing and polishing. Can't wait to see the final product.

O2BESOHUGE -
The possibility of oil blow off from the breathers would be a concern of mine, but the person we ordered the valve covers from had special necks welded in place with double baffles inside to prevent that issue from occurring. Take a look at the pictures below. You can only see the top baffle. The only problem I think I am looking at right now from a breahter perspective is the breather on the driver's side is hitting the top elbow of my exhaust. I am going to have to get a small diameter breather and one that is not so tall too. Thanks for mentioning the concern about the oil though. Fortunately it appears this will not likely be a problem.

---Phtotos of the neck with double baffles. You can only see the top baffle. There is another one below it.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/0535.jpg
And another---
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0537.jpg

americanskierJim
12-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Mark, I do have the swim platform it is glass and all there it just needs some more glass added to it to make it stronger. When I got the boat it was all there nothing missing all in tacked. I have been stripping it (taking parts off). I have everything I have taken off in boxes. I will get some more pics posted. The CNC parts will look good the old ones that where plastic where eatin but there was the out line to copy from.

DooSPX
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I do not have pictures yet, but I am in the process on doing a few things.

Replacing my fuel sender
Relocating the battery to the cooler location under the ob seat
Replacing the head gaskets
Installing a Performer intake
Installing a new CNC prop

markismm
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Start snapping some photos. I would love to see pics of these projects.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-08-2010, 12:06 AM
My newest winter project is bringing an engine cover back to life. My '77 came with a newer bare fiberglass engine cover. Last week I came into possession of the engine cover from the '79 vs. tornado boat (thanks MCPS205).

This obviously wasn't the original engine cover for that boat either, as this has a green metalflake stripe. The cover had been covered with foam and upholstered. When I got it, there was no vinyl left on it - only some of the foam. I stripped the foam off and am in the process of attempting to remove all the adhesive residue. Since its butt cold out, I am doing the project in the basement so hitting it with some tough solvent is out of the question. I attempted some 3M paint and varnish stripper ( I love strippers) made for indoor use, but this looks like a pretty slow process.

I plan to give it some more effort in the next few days but I'm not sure if this is the answer. There are a few stress cracks along the base but they are certainly repairable. There are also some speaker holes cut into the front that I suppose I could cover with vent covers of some sort.

If removing all the adhesive residue is not a realistic option, I am considering fixing the cracks and upholstering it. Another suggestion I received was to cover it with white Herculiner (truck bed coating)as this will offer some soundproofing and will sort of go along with the textured deck surface.

In the pictures you can see a small amount of progress that I have made.

Any great ideas or suggestions?

BriEOD
01-08-2010, 07:50 AM
I could see spraying the inside with bed liner but not the outside. You could call a paint shop and see how much they want to strip and paint it?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Thats definitely a route I didn't consider. I would like to keep the original textured finish. I wonder how well that would hold up with a with a couple coats of paint?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-08-2010, 03:36 PM
So now I'm thinking some form of media blasting the residue off. Somewhere between baking soda and walnut shells. Anyone have any experience with this?

americanskierJim
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Mr MC. If you where closer to me I would do it for you for nothing if you got the sand. I have a Media blaster here at the shop. For the glass lid I would try and use walnut shells to clean it and it wouldnt do much if any damage to it.

helton333
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I am working on my 460 cobra jet in the truck

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Mr MC. If you where closer to me I would do it for you for nothing if you got the sand. I have a Media blaster here at the shop. For the glass lid I would try and use walnut shells to clean it and it wouldnt do much if any damage to it.

Thanks for the offer am Jim. Just the advice to try the walnut shells is enough to get me going. I will either rent or purchase a blaster. And the walnut shell media is readily available. I really enjoy doing all my own work so the cost of any associated tools usually more than pays for itself.

americanskierJim
01-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Your welcome for the offer. Hope all goes well if you have any problem let me know. I have used shells to blast many times on cars I have restored. Keep it low and slow meaning low air presure and move slow and you will get it looking good.

mig
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
ETX exhaust on the Predator TBI and a tune up on body parts. Three weeks more of crutches then the 383 long block goes in.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
I found the answer to cleaning up the motor cover. I started with some 3M Scotchbrite to get the worst of the old adhesive off. Then I switched to a 3M Roloc Bristle Disc in a 1/4" drill. The Bristle Disc has several rows of rubber fingers which worked great for getting into all the crevices in the textured finish. That removed about 95% of the residue. Then I switched to a chemical stripper to clean up the remainder.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2010, 06:51 PM
ETX exhaust on the Predator TBI and a tune up on body parts. Three weeks more of crutches then the 383 long block goes in.

Holy craps Mig, what did you do to your foot? OUCH!

americanskierJim
01-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Dang Mig Looks like you did it right.

MrMC, WOW that looks great you will not need to blast it now. I like to see what looks when it is all done.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
MrMC, WOW that looks great you will not need to blast it now. I like to see what looks when it is all done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the way it is coming out. It will be a little time consuming, but winter is here for a while.

mig
01-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks ugly now but hurt worse before :) Had some scope work and a plate installed. I found out that rubber bindings don't release well when the water is 35deg f. - I will have to remember not to cinch things down all the way from now on, or move south!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Tough way to learn. I suppose if your foot is already numb when slipping it into the bindings, its a little hard to gauge how tight is too tight.

SkiDog
01-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Looks ugly now but hurt worse before :) Had some scope work and a plate installed. I found out that rubber bindings don't release well when the water is 35deg f. - I will have to remember not to cinch things down all the way from now on, or move south!!!

Nah, we don't need any more yankees coming down here feedin our skeeters!:D

TMCNo1
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM
[/color]

Nah, we don't need any more yankees coming down here feedin our skeeters!:D

Let'um come on down and the skeeters won't feed on the natives!:rolleyes:

glassmaster
01-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Let'um come on down and the skeeters won't feed on the natives!:rolleyes:

Speakin of skeeters check out this monster I found outside of our house in Central Fl. I caught it alive.
don't know what kind it is anyone know?

markismm
01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Good lord. What is that thing. You could probably use him to go kite boarding in Florida.

glassmaster
01-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Good lord. What is that thing. You could probably use him to go kite boarding in Florida.

You got me. I have lived here all my life and spend a lot of time in the woods and never came across anything like this until last summer. No one has been able to tell me yet what it is. This is the second one I have found.
Any way don't want to get off track.
Here is a pic of my winter project. I can't wait to get this thing looking as good as the other ones I have seen in this forum. I know it looks rough but got it for next to nothing. Its a good thing I am handy.
I started a thread on the restoration and here it is
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33693

markismm
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I am sure that your prostar is going to look fantastic. The gel coat does not look too far gone to be restored which makes the biggest difference in restoration in my opinion. Anyhow, below is a picture of my engine going back together a piece at a time. Take a looke at the custom solenoid/breaker cover my brother and I fabricated. I have always hated the plastic pleasurecraft cover that typically covers the solenoid/breaker panel. Also you can see the plate we made to cover the posts on the back of the edelbrock performer intake that look so unsightly. We put an MC logo like the one on the trailer with the star in the middle of the C on the plate coverin the posts and we put a pleasurecraft logo on the plate that is mounted on the solenoid/breaker panel.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4660.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4663.jpg

Here is a pic of the allumium plates with the stock we used to make them. We polished the stock and then taped out a pattern and glass beaded over it all to get the frosted look.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4646.jpg

This one is the MC plate after I taped it off and before I glass beaded it.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4647.jpg

markismm
01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Oh yeah, you can also see in the pics above that we polished the old Holley carb. It was a pain in the a$$ to polish all of the crevices and so forth well. But it turned out pretty good.

americanskierJim
01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Looking great Markismm, I like that you polished the carb that looks great. I just got my carb all apart today I might have to do some clean up on mine. The plates look awsome good job and looking work.

Skipper
01-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Terrific attention to detail. It is the little things that really set your work apart.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Beautiful work!

americanskierJim
01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Hey Mark, Here is some pics of the manifolds. I took over your idea and did alittle painting.

DooSPX
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I am sure that your prostar is going to look fantastic. The gel coat does not look too far gone to be restored which makes the biggest difference in restoration in my opinion. Anyhow, below is a picture of my engine going back together a piece at a time. Take a looke at the custom solenoid/breaker cover my brother and I fabricated. I have always hated the plastic pleasurecraft cover that typically covers the solenoid/breaker panel. Also you can see the plate we made to cover the posts on the back of the edelbrock performer intake that look so unsightly. We put an MC logo like the one on the trailer with the star in the middle of the C on the plate coverin the posts and we put a pleasurecraft logo on the plate that is mounted on the solenoid/breaker panel.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4660.jpg

Here is a pic of the allumium plates with the stock we used to make them. We polished the stock and then taped out a pattern and glass beaded over it all to get the frosted look.

This one is the MC plate after I taped it off and before I glass beaded it.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_4647.jpg

Will you and your brother be willing to fab up a MC cover for me for a price? I love it!!! Excellent job!!!!!

kjohnson
01-25-2010, 01:40 PM
When did Mastercraft change from Indmar to PCM motors?

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM

Ummmmm, you got it reversed.
MC incorporated the change from PCM to Indmar starting in 1987 when the ProStar 190 was introduced.

Jim@BAWS
01-25-2010, 02:42 PM

PCM to INDMAR Mid year running change 86 MODEL year

Jim@BAWS

markismm
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Sure. I will fabricate a cover. Which cover are you talking about - the solenoid cover with the pleasurecraft logo or the one covering the posts with the MC logo on it. I would charge $35 for the MC logo plate which would include the cost of the alluminum and charge $75 for the solenoid cover which would cover the cost for the fabrication, the steel that goes into the cover, and the alluminum plate that goes on top only. I need to look into how much the paint cost me and add that in to the $75. If you want the solenoid cover I would also request that you send me your plastic cover to ensure that I drill the holes correctly on the fabricated cover for your boat. Also I would want you to take a pic of your wiring on the back of your engine to ensure I account for the wires that run in and out of the box. Just let me know.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Ummmmm, you got it reversed.
MC incorporated the change from PCM to Indmar starting in 1987 when the ProStar 190 was introduced.

PCM to INDMAR Mid year running change 86 MODEL year

Jim@BAWS

The experts disagree? Whatever shall we do? :confused: :(

funk
01-25-2010, 04:50 PM
I have an 86 with an Indmar!:twocents:

DooSPX
01-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I was talking about the MC logo plate. that thing is sweet. I will PM you when I can get the money to you. paypal okay?

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
The experts disagree? Whatever shall we do? :confused: :(
I don't disagree,
The changeover was started the late stages of the 1986 model year and all the PCM in stock for the most part were installed in the late '86's mixed with the new Indmar engines, then the '87 basically were Indmars from the that time till now, except for the Crusader Saltwater Series engines and maybe a diesel somewhere thrown in.
I should have been more specific.

Diamond Dawg
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
The changeover was started the late stages of the 1986 model year and all the PCM in stock for the most part were installed in the late '86's mixed with the new Indmar engines, then the '87 basically were Indmars from the that time till now, except for the Crusader Saltwater Series engines and maybe a diesel somewhere thrown in.
I'm sure they will forgive you this time.

TMCNo1
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
[/color]
I'm sure they will forgive you this time.

OK, I'll go sit in the corner and take my 20 lashes with a Malibu decal!

markismm
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Yeah Paypal works for me. Just to make sure, you have a Edelbrock Performer intake with the same five or so blank posts in the rear right? I think the posts are designed for an EGR valve to be used for automotoive application. In any event, I will be happy to make it for the $35 quoted. I will send you some good looking polished stainless bolts to fit it to the intake for an extra $3 too. Just let me know.

DooSPX
01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Let you know. I do not have the intake yet. I am getting it soon when I have to pull the heads to do the gaskets.

thank a lot. and great job again!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-26-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't disagree,

No offense intended. Always looking for a little bit of controversy to exploit.

Sodar
01-26-2010, 12:51 AM
I have an 86 with an Indmar!:twocents:

Is it still that lovely green?

pkreusch
01-26-2010, 10:57 PM
1980 had rounded windsheild. That $100 deal is probably 1982 or later.

Hey Markismm;
I had a performer 351 intake on my 1980 MC. Pay attention to the height of the carb when you install (assuming you are going ti install an Edlebrock carb). You'll need a flat adapter plate as well (get it at your carb dealer). I had to purchase a thinner (shorter) flame arrestor at a pricey $85 to get the job done. The motor cover wouldn't close over the original one. Those pesky FWC officers in Florida don't bode well to just leaving them off.

DemolitionMan
02-13-2010, 02:51 PM
First coat of teak oil.:)

DemolitionMan
02-13-2010, 02:53 PM
.................................................. ..........

JMann
02-13-2010, 02:55 PM
78, that teak looks as good as new.

americanskierJim
02-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Yellow , The teak looks great.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Very nice.

markismm
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Finally finished the whole winter outter engine refurb. Below are the pics of the final product. Installed new performer intake, new cobra valve covers, repainted the whole outter portion of the engine, put in new corrugated exhaust house, and replaced all old bolts with stainless ones. Also added new solenoid cover and other small accents. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now I just need to hook up the coupler to the engine and order both a 4 blade and 3 blade prop for comparison. I plan on ordering both an ACME 541 and 651 and trying before deciding on the prop I will purchase. Really looking forward to the warm weather, where ever it is. Ready to get the boat out, reset the timing and give her a good wash and wax.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0732.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0733.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0734.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0730.jpg

Covi
02-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Totally impressed!!! Your power plant looks awesome! I wish I had the skills to do that. My engine is in need of some work. It runs strong but, I'd like it to look good also.

markismm
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Totally impressed!!! Your power plant looks awesome! I wish I had the skills to do that. My engine is in need of some work. It runs strong but, I'd like it to look good also.

Really appreciate it. Believe me my friend, you have the skills to do something similar if you like. It just takes time. In my opinion, the most imnportant thing is to take your time. Thats why I tackled this during the winter. It took my brother and I about 2 1/2 months just working on it here and there. Anytime you undertake a project like this, this forum provides a wealth of knowledge and the folks here will provide their opinions on how to tackle any part of your project. You will get at least 5 versions of how to skin that proverbial "cat" or project you are working on. Also, if some on the forum lives near you, they are always willing to pitch in for the small price of a brewsky and some good laughs.

americanskierJim
02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Great job she looks great. I hope mine looks close to your's when I get it back in my boat. I like all the detail work that you did that makes it all worth while when you open the cover. I am also looking for that warm weather to get here too if you find it send some my way.

snork
02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
I concur 86 first year for Indmar. markismm good look'n motor for a PCM, Really cleaned up well better than new

thatsmrmastercraft
02-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Wow that looks good...............wait, I see a greasy fingerprint on your intake! Oh, wait - its on my monitor. :D

Great work!

BriEOD
02-15-2010, 08:52 AM
The motor looks clean. That Edelbrock Performer intake manifold should bump you up 15-20 HP. Nice job.

I concur 86 first year for Indmar.

I think you're mistaken. 86 was the last year MC used PCM as they transitioned to Indmar in 87. IIRC.

TMCNo1
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I think you're mistaken. 86 was the last year MC used PCM as they transitioned to Indmar in 87. IIRC.

Him hath spokeded, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=655624&postcount=64

G-man
02-15-2010, 10:05 AM
great job looks awesome

CantRepeat
02-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Finally finished the whole winter outter engine refurb. Below are the pics of the final product. Installed new performer intake, new cobra valve covers, repainted the whole outter portion of the engine, put in new corrugated exhaust house, and replaced all old bolts with stainless ones. Also added new solenoid cover and other small accents. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now I just need to hook up the coupler to the engine and order both a 4 blade and 3 blade prop for comparison. I plan on ordering both an ACME 541 and 651 and trying before deciding on the prop I will purchase. Really looking forward to the warm weather, where ever it is. Ready to get the boat out, reset the timing and give her a good wash and wax.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0733.jpg

Looks great. This boat is super clean and after seeing it in person, I can tell you pictures don't do it justice.

See you at the sandbar when it warms up!

ProStar Slalom
02-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Mark, looks great. School me on the "turnbuckle" you have on the alternator. We just have a metal bar on our '84 PCM. Is that turnbuckle designed specifically for that application or are you getting creative to set your belt tension? Haven't seen one before. Thanks.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0730.jpg

markismm
02-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I must give credit to my brother for the turnbuckle solution to the alternator bracket. My brother had an olds cutlass with a chevy 350 and the factory alternator bracket looked like crappola. He found the turnbuckle to be a good alternative and actually works extremely well. It is much easier to set the tension on your belt this way and it never slips. Also looks better in my humble opinion that the plain metal bracket that comes fromt he factory. It is simply a turnbuckle with nylon sleeve in the ends to take up any slack for the bolt holes. Even better than using a standard turnbuckle however it a turn buckle with heim joint ends. But the heim joint ends are harder to locate that standard turnbuckle ends. Either way, I think its an improvement from a visual and practicality standpoint. Thanks for the compliments. I just wish I had time and the energy to take out the tranny to put a fresh coat a paint on it. But that it probably for next winter.

markismm
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks great. This boat is super clean and after seeing it in person, I can tell you pictures don't do it justice.

See you at the sandbar when it warms up!

This past summer we spent most of our time at Lake Mrtin instead of Harding. My folks got a nice place at Martin and therefore we have been spending more time there. Even though it is a longer trip, Lake Martin is so much nicer than Harding is. Lake Martin actually has several ski courses unlike Harding and the water is about as clean as it can get at Martin. Anyhow, I am sure I'll make it up to harding a couple of times this Summer. We'll see you there. Oh, let me know if you plan on coming to Martin sometime, we'l get up and drink a cold one.

1redTA
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
the boat looks very nice! I've got some, ALOT, of work to do.

markismm
02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Beautiful weather this weekend. Its still early in the year, but I decided to go ahead and de-winterize the boat because I have been anxious to crank up the motor since my brother and I did the outter refurb and installed the new intake. A couple of unexpected things occurred during the first crankup of the year.

First of all, the engine was idling very rough to begin with. I'll get to that in a second.

Second of all, I had my hand on one of the manifold risers and noticed that it was getting very hot. We immediately checked the exhaust and noticed that no water was coming out of the pipes. Shut the thing down and began to analyze the prob. My first thought was that the exhaust riser gaskets were on backwards with the closed port to the front instead of the rear. Checked and that was not the case. My next thought was an issue with the sea pump. Initially my thought was something was wrong with the impeller, but before checking that, since I replaced it at the end of last seaon, I began to think that maybe the sea pump was upside down. I installed it as all of the photos in service manuals show and as you would intuitively think it should be installed, with the drain screw facing out so it can be accessed. Look at the pic below and you will notice the way the pump is installed...

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0531asSmartObject-21.jpg

I pulled off the top hose and turned the motor over and noticed that the water flowed down instead of up. So I flipped the sea pump over and the water began to flow fine and come out of the exhaust. Odd to me that the drain screw on the pump faces into the engine and is just about impossible to access that way.

As for the idle issue, we checked to make sure the plug wires were going to the proper plug, which they were, and next we began to fool with the idle air screws. We immediately noticed that the idle air screws needed adjustment which was odd because the boat ran very well before taking the carb off and reinstalling. My only guess is that the new edelbrock performer intake has specs that are different enough to require the changing of the air/fuel mixture as opposed to the factory settings. She finally began to purrr and run as smooth as glass to my relief.

Just thought I'd share this info in case someone is having similar issues with this set-up.

americanskierJim
02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Markismm, Thanks for the info with the raw pump I will have to take a look at mine and see if I have mine on right . Glad to hear you have your's up and running.

markismm
02-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry for the crappy pic above, but this was the only one I had where you can see the orientation of the sea pump.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Beautiful weather this weekend. Its still early in the year, but I decided to go ahead and de-winterize the boat because I have been anxious to crank up the motor since my brother and I did the outter refurb and installed the new intake. A couple of unexpected things occurred during the first crankup of the year.

First of all, the engine was idling very rough to begin with. I'll get to that in a second.

Second of all, I had my hand on one of the manifold risers and noticed that it was getting very hot. We immediately checked the exhaust and noticed that no water was coming out of the pipes. Shut the thing down and began to analyze the prob. My first thought was that the exhaust riser gaskets were on backwards with the closed port to the front instead of the rear. Checked and that was not the case. My next thought was an issue with the sea pump. Initially my thought was something was wrong with the impeller, but before checking that, since I replaced it at the end of last seaon, I began to think that maybe the sea pump was upside down. I installed it as all of the photos in service manuals show and as you would intuitively think it should be installed, with the drain screw facing out so it can be accessed. Look at the pic below and you will notice the way the pump is installed...

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/mandymaholick/DSC_0531asSmartObject-21.jpg

I pulled off the top hose and turned the motor over and noticed that the water flowed down instead of up. So I flipped the sea pump over and the water began to flow fine and come out of the exhaust. Odd to me that the drain screw on the pump faces into the engine and is just about impossible to access that way.

As for the idle issue, we checked to make sure the plug wires were going to the proper plug, which they were, and next we began to fool with the idle air screws. We immediately noticed that the idle air screws needed adjustment which was odd because the boat ran very well before taking the carb off and reinstalling. My only guess is that the new edelbrock performer intake has specs that are different enough to require the changing of the air/fuel mixture as opposed to the factory settings. She finally began to purrr and run as smooth as glass to my relief.

Just thought I'd share this info in case someone is having similar issues with this set-up.

That Performer intake will flow a bit better than the original so no big surprise that a little tweaking was needed. You may well need to go up a number or two on the jets to take advantage of that Performer as well.

markismm
02-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the advice Mr.Mastercraft. Do you know the factory size jets and the size jets you think I should probably go to ?

thatsmrmastercraft
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the advice Mr.Mastercraft. Do you know the factory size jets and the size jets you think I should probably go to ?

I don't know. Once you get a little time on the engine and some color on the spark plugs, it will be pretty easy to tell where you need to go with the jets. Its pretty much a trial and error thing if you haven't played with a carb before. You may be OK with the jets in there now, but if it looks too lean or too rich, its just a matter of popping out the jets, looking at the number on them and picking up a couple jets (either richer or leaner) and giving them a try. Definitely not rocket science.

Double D
03-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Here is what is complete so far:
- Replaced Fuel Gauge Sensor in the tank with the universal style
- Replaced the thermostat (old one was stuck open)
- Installed my new tower speakers
- Installed the matching speakers in the rear
- Installed the new stereo (ignore the dust)

Still need to:
- Replace the bilge pump float
- Replace the blower
- Clean the carpets
- Clean the vinyl
- Wax the boat
- Repack the trailer bearings

JMann
03-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Looks great DD

X25 ED
03-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Needed some extra light for the evenings. So added (not by myself but by the dealer) speakers with lights intergrated, and some backwards lights officially they are forward but turned them around. Put the heater outlet n a different lpace and added a extra speaker.

Let the summer begin.:)

markismm
03-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Looks good. You may get some crap from one or two individuals on here about the lights, but to me it all looks first class.

funk
03-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Started the winter list of projects and it got a bit longer right from the get-go. Was replacing a switch when I realized the dash was very brittle and cracked. So out came the dash and am now replacing all switches, breakers, etc. Have the new dash in hand, buddy made it at his shop out of stainless. Now, do we primer/paint, clear coat, or powdercoat? hmm, decisions.

Next on the list once this is in will be:
Stereo upgrade
Trailer bunk replacement and brackets
removing stains from interior.
engine maintenance

Weather is warming and time is wasting!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Started the winter list of projects and it got a bit longer right from the get-go. Was replacing a switch when I realized the dash was very brittle and cracked. So out came the dash and am now replacing all switches, breakers, etc. Have the new dash in hand, buddy made it at his shop out of stainless. Now, do we primer/paint, clear coat, or powdercoat? hmm, decisions.

Next on the list once this is in will be:
Stereo upgrade
Trailer bunk replacement and brackets
removing stains from interior.
engine maintenance

Weather is warming and time is wasting!!!

One more option to throw into the mix................there are a ton of cool adhesive vinyl options that could work too.

americanskierJim
03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey Funk, with the stainless I would get it powdercoated. To bad it has all them deep half moon's on it. I would have had it polished but that is me. Looks great.

CantRepeat
03-26-2010, 03:56 AM
This past summer we spent most of our time at Lake Mrtin instead of Harding. My folks got a nice place at Martin and therefore we have been spending more time there. Even though it is a longer trip, Lake Martin is so much nicer than Harding is. Lake Martin actually has several ski courses unlike Harding and the water is about as clean as it can get at Martin. Anyhow, I am sure I'll make it up to harding a couple of times this Summer. We'll see you there. Oh, let me know if you plan on coming to Martin sometime, we'l get up and drink a cold one.

We did make the trip to Martin last year, just once. I do agree it's a much nicer lake, I just wish it was as close as Harding. I'm sure we'll get up there this summer for sure. It wont be on one of the holiday weekends, to many people there.

Where did you pick up the manifold?

Also, my thing for this summer is going to be wake surfing. I'm still trying to narrow down bags at this point but it is going to happen!

funk
03-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey Funk, with the stainless I would get it powdercoated. To bad it has all them deep half moon's on it. I would have had it polished but that is me. Looks great.

They aren't deep, we were just messing with some polish trying some different ideas. Looking forward to a weekend with the boat. (and some b-ball games!)

M-Funf
03-26-2010, 02:50 PM
markismm,
Did your exhaust manifolds used to be like this?

If so, what was the advantage to changing them, and if I may ask: at what expense?

Very nice work, by the way!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM
markismm,
Did your exhaust manifolds used to be like this?

If so, what was the advantage to changing them, and if I may ask: at what expense?

Very nice work, by the way!

They look just like the manifolds that came on my boat.

markismm
03-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I would try to get that dash to have a jeweled finish if you can. To me this is one of the best looking metal finishes there are.

On the topic of my exhaust manifolds, the ones on my boat are stock. I do not know the specific year that pleasurecraft went from "logs" types of exhaust manifolds to ones with risers, but on an 84 model, risers were stock like mine. Anyhow, you can pick up a similar set from skidim.com for the right price. I think the reason thye went to risers was to further prevent any back wash up through the exhaust when the boat is stopping rapidly. This can be a problem and can cause motor seizure. The risers help prevent this.

CantRepeat
03-31-2010, 06:08 AM
I would try to get that dash to have a jeweled finish if you can. To me this is one of the best looking metal finishes there are.

On the topic of my exhaust manifolds, the ones on my boat are stock. I do not know the specific year that pleasurecraft went from "logs" types of exhaust manifolds to ones with risers, but on an 84 model, risers were stock like mine. Anyhow, you can pick up a similar set from skidim.com for the right price. I think the reason thye went to risers was to further prevent any back wash up through the exhaust when the boat is stopping rapidly. This can be a problem and can cause motor seizure. The risers help prevent this.

Hey Mark,

Have you gotten a chance to put the boat in the water yet? I'd really like to hear your feedback on the manifold.

Tim

markismm
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey Mark,

Have you gotten a chance to put the boat in the water yet? I'd really like to hear your feedback on the manifold.

Tim

Not yet. I plan on putting it in sometime in the next two weeks. When we undertook this winter project and took the old 3 blade prop off, we noticed it had some pitting. We are in the process of ordering a trial Acme 541 and 651 prop to test with our set-up. As soon as these props come in, we are going to put the boat int he water right away and try her out. I will post a thread to tell of the results of the minor overhaul we have performed once everything gets tested.

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Well I got the boat out of storage today and finally put my decals on. What do you think? And yes the boat is dirty I will be detailing it this weekend.

Sodar
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Very Nice, Paxton!

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks Cameron the 06 TT decals look pretty good on there.

Sodar
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM
That PS197 Designator is newer though, huh? A little custom detail! :D

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I figured I would try and mix it up some.:)

Sodar
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
We need better pics in better light. The decals look a little too orang-ish red! Get it out on the water... pics with the Mrs. don't hurt either!

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Will do.:D

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I saw these for sale. Do these look like the fit the 08 and up tower or the 07 tower.

CantRepeat
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
The red and black seem to clash a bit... I've been drinking beers for the last 5 hours so that might add to my eye issues. We'll see in the morning.

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 09:56 PM
The red and black seem to clash a bit... I've been drinking beers for the last 5 hours so that might add to my eye issues. We'll see in the morning.

I think it is the light. The sun was setting.

DemolitionMan
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Before pic. After pic. And a 2006 TT.

Double D
04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Before pic. After pic. And a 2006 TT.

SWEET FREAKIN BOAT!!! Love it either way.

markismm
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
I think it looks awesome. The contrast of the red and black makes it pop.

Kevin 89MC
04-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I love it, very cool I think.
Kevin

thatsmrmastercraft
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I really like the look. Getting the red to show up correctly can be a challenge. Looking forward to some better pics.:cool:

DemolitionMan
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Well I got the boat cleaned up and summerized ready for a new season. But I had to fight off the pollen monster it has been brutal.

CantRepeat
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
The pollen monster is just out of control right now and I imagine for the next 3 weeks he will be doing his best to dirty my trucks, cars, boats, and anything else you can think of.

markismm
04-04-2010, 09:07 PM
The pollen monster is just out of control right now and I imagine for the next 3 weeks he will be doing his best to dirty my trucks, cars, boats, and anything else you can think of.

You ain't kidding about the yellow beast. Have you driven up the raod lately. It is like driving through a sandstorm of pollen. I am ready to wash up my boat, but am going to wait a another week and a half, or at least until it rains one good time.

As for the black MC - I think it looks amazing. All you need to do is put a little oil on that teak and she'll be show quality all around.

DemolitionMan
04-04-2010, 09:18 PM
You ain't kidding about the yellow beast. Have you driven up the raod lately. It is like driving through a sandstorm of pollen. I am ready to wash up my boat, but am going to wait a another week and a half, or at least until it rains one good time.

As for the black MC - I think it looks amazing. All you need to do is put a little oil on that teak and she'll be show quality all around.

What's bad is I have already used a whole bottle on it.

markismm
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Really? Did you use the three step Star-Bright kit or just go straight for the oil.

DemolitionMan
04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Just the oil since it had never been oiled.

markismm
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I imagine using the three step process will make a difference. By the way, where in the Augusta area do you put her in?

DemolitionMan
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
The river or clark hill.

CantRepeat
04-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Just across the river in Smiths Station. Much love down here for a quick rain shower, please!! Looks like Thursday will put some for it on the ground.

Thrall
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Got done with most of mine now, still needs a few scuffs polished out, build some reinf plates for the trailer fenders, one is cracked from a blowout and throw the new prop on it.

Here's what I've done so far.
Installed 2 more tower speakers and re-wired the tower with some good wire.
Amp installs, JL E1800DM for the Boston 12" sub.
JL M6600 for the cockpit speakers (adding back my 2 ch to bridge all the cockpit spkrs, soon).
Boston GT28 amp driving the tower speakers (came with the sub).
Re wired sub, all new dist wiring/blocks, 2nd battery.
Installed a heater and shower (not pictured here).

Thrall
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I saw these for sale. Do these look like the fit the 08 and up tower or the 07 tower.

Those look like they are for the 05-06 towers, but Volfan has some adapters for sale that will mount them to the nubs on your tower.
Or you could mount them directly to the tower if you had room somewhere I think. Same tubing dia as 05-06?

DemolitionMan
04-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Those look like they are for the 05-06 towers, but Volfan has some adapters for sale that will mount them to the nubs on your tower.
Or you could mount them directly to the tower if you had room somewhere I think. Same tubing dia as 05-06?

I will check into that. Thanks for the help.

Barefooter92
04-06-2010, 12:24 PM
When I trailered my PS home 700mi from Atlanta I lost the remaining step pads.

So I drew new ones in AutoCAD and had them water jetted out of polished tread plate 3/16" thick.

Take a look:cool:

thatsmrmastercraft
04-06-2010, 12:29 PM

So I drew new ones in AutoCAD and had them water jetted out of polished tread plate 3/16" thick.

I really like that. Great job. :cool:

DemolitionMan
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM

I really like the way that turned out. That should last forever.

CantRepeat
04-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Those are nice, but you wont want to barefoot them in 90 degree weather! :D

markismm
04-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Very nice. Do you mind us asking how much they ran you total?

Barefooter92
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
$0.00

I have the AutoCAD file if you like. I am a mechanical contractor and the tread plate was scrap and access to a burner (water jet).

thatsmrmastercraft
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
$0.00

I have the AutoCAD file if you like. I am a mechanical contractor and the tread plate was scrap and access to a burner (water jet).

Gotta love those job perks that work out for the boat.

Thrall
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Heater and shower install.

Barefooter92
04-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Thrall how many hours do you have in each project? If you have any mechanical sence is this pretty easy? I'm thinking this will be my winter project this coming year.

83SuperSlot
04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
There are so many great boats and ideas on here that I'm going nuts wondering what ill be able to do with mine. Awesome projects everyone!

Thrall
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Thrall how many hours do you have in each project? If you have any mechanical sence is this pretty easy? I'm thinking this will be my winter project this coming year.

I'll tell you in trade for a set of diamond plate fender steps!:D Those are really sharp. I got a chunk of diamond plate aluminum sitting in the back of the truck now, but I'm going to mount full length under the tandem fenders just for protection from blow outs.
I dunno how many hours, maybe a dozen evenings at 3-4hrs each and 3 full weekend days for all of it.
Got a 1/2 day left finishing the battery isolator, prop, last piece of heater ducting and maybe a day of polishing depending how carried away I want to get. There's still a few beach scuffs from the PO that need sanded out and polished on the keel and some minor boat cover scuffs and light oxidation on the back of the swim deck that needs to come off.
I think the work I did is pretty much shadetree mechanic stuff. Took a little creativity to cram all 3 amps into that location and the heater install is not OEM location, that actually made the heater easier to install, but required some time getting the hot tubes to work in the side panels.
Should be able to control the shower and heater from the 2 ACC switches already installed in your 190. Mine had the separate off/lo/med/hi fan switch for the heater and the ACC switch was just a cutoff in line before the heatercraft switch. If I was to do it, I'd probably jsut wire up the "high" speed on the fan, that's all I ever used. If it's cold you need heat, if not, turn it off. Open air boat don't seem to warm up much on low speed fan.
If I was putting a stereo system in a 190, I'd wire everything stand alone, save for a relayed power on trigger from the ignition switch.
FYI, heater install on the 190 like yours (and my prev boat) is up under the dash, one vent in mine came out under the dash for the driver and the hot tube was either in place of an observer cup holder or a new hole next to the 2 observer cup holders.
Shower control on my 190 was mounted on the back of the engine box just above the cupholders and the pump was tucked in the back starboard corner next to or just in front of the gas tank. Hose came out from th back of the starboard floor/side panel and could be rolled up and tucked back there when not in use.
I never did any stereo work to the 190 other than replacing the head unit and 4 speakers, all with like sized speakers. I was pretty thankful for the room to work in the X2 compared to up in the bow of the 190. I've seen some amp/sub mount pics on here in the closed bow boats, can't remember from who though, BriEOD maybe?

Thrall
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Got the last of the hardware put in. I'm officially, almost, just about, kinda done with everything.
Rear speakers sound great off of the bridged channels.
For anyone wondering the 3 port heater pushes a ton of air, even to the port side vent which is on about 10' of ducting. Don't know how hot it gets, haven't run the boat.

wakewander
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I had to, well decided to, i got tired of looking at the platform half anus! I had to fiberglass due to privious owners and my buddy backing my boat into the garage door while i was at the hospital with a kidney stone! here are a few pictures! i have never been so blue in my life! i wish i had a paint booth and the proper sprayers! that is what wishes are for i guess!

Thrall
04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Heater and shower install.

For anyone who cares, I didn't install my heater and shower lines excatly as reccomended, instead tried to find "less invasive" places to hook them up.
Heater hot water still plumbed off of the intake manifold where reccomended, but I plumbed the return heater line into the raw water intake line, as suggested with the Y pipe that is sold extra. I didn't spend the extra # for that piece, but used the 1-1/4 x 5/8 tee that came with the shower kit. It blows alot of hot air with this configuration, water temp in the lake wouldn't even get the boat up to full operating temp at an idle yesterday (or the guage is off or the t-stat is sticking????), yet good warm air the whole time at idle out of a 3 port heater.
For the shower, I plumbed the hot water off the heater hose going to the heater core and the cold water off of the 3/8 dripless packing supply line. Both provide sufficient water to teh shower pump for it to work as designed.

DemolitionMan
12-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The UPS lady just dropped these off from MBD.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice Bling!!!

DemolitionMan
12-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Nice Bling!!!

Thanks. Merry Christmas to me.:D

thatsmrmastercraft
12-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks. Merry Christmas to me.:D

How soon till we see the installed pics?

Double D
12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
I had to, well decided to, i got tired of looking at the platform half anus! I had to fiberglass due to privious owners and my buddy backing my boat into the garage door while i was at the hospital with a kidney stone! here are a few pictures! i have never been so blue in my life! i wish i had a paint booth and the proper sprayers! that is what wishes are for i guess!

Is that a sprinkler system in your garage?? Sheesh!! Not in Ohio.... :D

DemolitionMan
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
How soon till we see the installed pics?

Will start after the new year. I have to much going on in our shop at work. One guy is building gokarts for his kids. After Christmas I am going to mount a winch on my golf cart so it will be after I am done with that.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Will start after the new year. I have to much going on in our shop at work. One guy is building gokarts for his kids. After Christmas I am going to mount a winch on my golf cart so it will be after I am done with that.

Winch on the golf cart? wouldn't it be more cost effective to take some golf lessons to stay a little farther from the water hazards? :D

mig
01-22-2011, 10:44 PM
finally getting new carpet in! 63922