View Full Version : Great News At Mastercraft

Jim@BAWS
12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
GREAT NEWS AT MASTERCRAFT...more are going back to work

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/02/mastercraft-to-recall-73-workers/

Jim@BAWS

scott023
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Finally some good news coming from Vonore. Great to hear.

Sodar
12-03-2009, 06:23 PM
That's excellent!

I have heard rumors that most of the old stock is finally leaving dealer floors in all the recreational vehicle categories, hence the need to resupply is finally starting to work it way back to the factories. Hopefully the tread continues and the boat show season is good for all our dealers!

cdstukey
12-03-2009, 06:51 PM
They must be working hard, we ordered a new boat in early Nov., thought it might be done in January, Showed up Yesterday.

p.s. High of 11 degrees here today so that kind of sucks.

Justjoe
12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Just keep it moving and it's all cool. That, and it will keep the ice off the lake.

TX.X-30 fan
12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Great news..............

WAProstar
12-03-2009, 09:20 PM
This is excellent news. So I wasn't paying attention to MC when they were laying off, but were the cuts across the company or were they jobs directly related to production? How much was engineering affected?

atlfootr
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
That's terrific news Jim. thanks alot!
It's great, the folks can get their jobs back again :D

Jim@BAWS
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
T How much was engineering affected?

Well....New X-25 !!!

Jim@BAWS

JohnE
12-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Fantastic news! I'm happy for the company and especially for the workers who are going back to work.:cool:

And in the true nature of society, this thread won't jump to dozens of pages as the threads did when everyone was laid off.:(

DemolitionMan
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Thats great to hear.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thrall
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
They must be working hard, we ordered a new boat in early Nov., thought it might be done in January, Showed up Yesterday.

p.s. High of 11 degrees here today so that kind of sucks.

Yeah, -10 here the last 2 mornings. X14V....niiiice!
Good to hear MC is ramping up production again. Means I bought mine at the right time!

bobx1
12-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Merry Christmas!

Great news for the company and the workers and hopefully in the not-to-distant future, the American economy in general.

DooSPX
12-04-2009, 11:54 AM
I am very glad to hear that! Both for the future of MC boats and of the well being and the family of the workers! These times are bad on everyone... my better half got laid off because she is a drafter, well no one is building new homes right now!

Kingsley X-1
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
i am sure that we can contribute all of this good news to Obama right...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jim@BAWS
12-05-2009, 11:42 AM
i am sure that we can contribute all of this good news to Obama right...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

YA RIGHT !!!!

JimN
12-05-2009, 11:49 AM
I am very glad to hear that! Both for the future of MC boats and of the well being and the family of the workers! These times are bad on everyone... my better half got laid off because she is a drafter, well no one is building new homes right now!

But they're putting up commercial/industrial buildings and people are remodeling if they're not building. Is she well versed in CAD? If not, this would be a great time for a refresher course. I'm sure AutoCAD has some updates. If she's really good at what she does, she'll be able to find something else if the current employer doesn't bring her back. Maybe she can talk with them to find out if it's temporary or permanent and if it's temporary, maybe they can fire up for the training cost. If it's permanent, they should cut her loose and give her a decent severance package.

DooSPX
12-05-2009, 12:03 PM
problem is there is not anything going on in the county we live in. no industrial and the people that are remodeling are doing it with shady contractors who do it on the fly instead of having a builder design and build it. Its not really easy moving with a 5 yr girl either. she is trained in AutoDesk (AutoCAD) and Softplan. she has a degree for drafting and design. The building co. she worked for is more than likely going to close soon.
She is doing a few things here and there for some people out of state, and working with anytime fitness to draw there plans for all there gyms they open or remodel.

Last night I told her we should try moving to Tenn. to see if MC would hire her! LOL

TX.X-30 fan
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Great news..............

A&& kisser.....

TX.X-30 fan
12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
problem is there is not anything going on in the county we live in. no industrial and the people that are remodeling are doing it with shady contractors who do it on the fly instead of having a builder design and build it. Its not really easy moving with a 5 yr girl either. she is trained in AutoDesk (AutoCAD) and Softplan. she has a degree for drafting and design. The building co. she worked for is more than likely going to close soon.
She is doing a few things here and there for some people out of state, and working with anytime fitness to draw there plans for all there gyms they open or remodel.

Last night I told her we should try moving to Tenn. to see if MC would hire her! LOL

Crowded field in a construction market like this, good luck.

cbryan70
12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
A&& kisser.....

W T F? yelling at yourself again? :rolleyes:

This is good news considering how bad of shape mastercraft was in earlier this year....BADD SHAPE

DooSPX
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Crowded field in a construction market like this, good luck.

if you would see our small little county. we have the highest taxes in the state, and one of the poorest too. its really sad.

JimN
12-06-2009, 05:11 AM
The county can't give the poor what they need if someone else doesn't pay for it.

TX.X-30 fan
12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
if you would see our small little county. we have the highest taxes in the state, and one of the poorest too. its really sad.

Granholm still believes increased and higher taxes will help her state too :mad:

SunCoast 83
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
awesome news...

mcdoon
12-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Granholm still believes increased and higher taxes will help her state too :mad:

As any good Cannuck would. :rolleyes: Fortunately, she and her moles will be headin' outta town after the next election.

Granite_33
12-07-2009, 11:55 AM

Sounds like a county run by democrats. (shameless political jab)

Granite_33
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Whats left of it............

TX.X-30 fan
12-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like a county run by democrats. (shameless political jab)

But true.

Look at the large cities that are falling apart and broken beyond repair.................... All have been run by democrats for 30 years. Jus Sayin. ;)