PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Sports Marine - HEADS UP

mwinks22
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Hello,

I was just writing to give you all a fair heads up. This summer I purchased my first Mastercraft, a 2006 X2 from Liquid Sports Marine. I am located in Minnesota and they are located in Florida. I spoke with a salesman at their location prior to my purchase about the 06 X2. To make a very long story short, I was told everything was in working order. Upon receiving the boat there were several items that were not in working order. Here is a list of the more concerning items that did NOT work.

Tower Speakers (found out the AMP was not working at all)
KGB Ballast Pump (had to replace the pump and all impellers)
Ballast Gauges

There were several smaller items that were not working either. About $1500 dollars later I have fixed SOME of these "working order" items.

I contacted LSM about repairing these issues and never recieved a call back. I have given them plenty of time yet, nothing.

This experience put a very poor recommendation from me to do any type of business with Liquid Sports Marine.

sand2snow22
12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Your first post might be in violation of the rules of this forum. I'm not saying you're wrong or I don't believe you, just that MC owns this website and they don't like people ripping their dealer network on THEIR forum. I have had my fair share of problems with dealers, if you can't resolve the problem with the dealer, contact MC directly. If you want me to send you my MC contact. Let me know.

Good luck.......

Jim@BAWS
12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Hello,

I was just writing to give you all a fair heads up. This summer I purchased my first Mastercraft, a 2006 X2 from Liquid Sports Marine. I am located in Minnesota and they are located in Florida. I spoke with a salesman at their location prior to my purchase about the 06 X2. To make a very long story short, I was told everything was in working order. Upon receiving the boat there were several items that were not in working order. Here is a list of the more concerning items that did NOT work.

Ballast Gauges

There were several smaller items that were not working either. About $1500 dollars later I have fixed SOME of these "working order" items.

I contacted LSM about repairing these issues and never recieved a call back. I have given them plenty of time yet, nothing.

This experience put a very poor recommendation from me to do any type of business with Liquid Sports Marine.

Very unfortunate to say the least. LSM is no longer a MC dealer in Jacksonville or Orlando

Sodar
12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
LSM is not a MC dealer any longer, right?

Means that they are free game?

Jim@BAWS
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM

100% BU in Orlando, Jacksonville location is closed !!!

No LONGER a dealer that is CORRECT...FAIR GAME Leave that upto the MODS

SkiDog
12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Your first post might be in violation of the rules of this forum. I'm not saying you're wrong or I don't believe you, just that MC owns this website and they don't like people ripping their dealer network on THEIR forum. I have had my fair share of problems with dealers, if you can't resolve the problem with the dealer, contact MC directly. If you want me to send you my MC contact. Let me know.

Good luck.......

I don't think he broke forum rules. liquid Sports marine IS NOT a Mastercraft dealer, and hasn't been for quite some time. I was told a few weeks ago that they no longer have the Jacksonville location open, and I know they don't sell Mastercrafts in Orlando. Although their website says they do. The newest model they have in stock is a 2007. That should tell the tale right there.

east tx skier
12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Let's get 'em!!!!

Monte
12-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Let's get 'em!!!!

Willie.. Round up the posse:rolleyes:

helton333
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
front row....

sand2snow22
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Maybe it should be taken over to the BU forum. I don't think it's owned by Malibu and I'm sure the BU owners would like to know.

www.themalibucrew.com

mwinks22
12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree and they are no longer an MC dealer from what I have heard of as well. I will jump over to BU and post same thing :D. I love the boat however, it just sets me off everytime I think about the experience with LSM.

I am looking forward to posting up with you all!

JimN
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I agree and they are no longer an MC dealer from what I have heard of as well. I will jump over to BU and post same thing :D. I love the boat however, it just sets me off everytime I think about the experience with LSM.

I am looking forward to posting up with you all!

This isn't a toaster or a cheap electronic item that you can buy just anywhere, it was a boat that cost tens of thousands of dollars and you gambled on buying it from a dealer in Florida. You have dozens of dealers closer and you chose them. Buying big ticket items over long distances is risky and if you didn't arrange for some kind of inspection or penalties for non-working accessories, there's not a lot of choices for placing the blame- it's their fault for not getting it right and it's your fault for not making sure you had a way to verify everything before it was shipped. You could have even had a third party handle that.

That's the problem with buying only on price- there's no guarantee that you'll get everything you would have for a little more. Used to be that people saw service as having value but once everyone decided that they wanted everything for the lowest price, it became impossible to provide top of the line services without cutting some corners.

Jerseydave
12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
A marine survey would have been helpful in this case. Hopefully the discounted price more than made up for the extra cost of the repairs. Glad to hear you're happy with the boat...also glad to hear that LSM is no longer a MC dealer.

Seems that MC is requiring that dealers also be "held to a higher standard". I'm very happy about that, it will keep MC more healthy over the long run. :)

jakethebt
12-04-2009, 06:25 PM
That sucks that the boat is not what you hoped it would be. I guess JimN has some good points. As for the toaster comments, I agree this is not a toaster but that does not justify buying a used boat from a local dealer. Price may not have been the reason he bought a boat from a dealer 1000s of miles away. Narrowing down the boat (X2) and year and then trying to find a color that you are happy with before spending $40k - $50k or more is a really good reason to travel for the sale. If you are going to keep it for a while and for the price, you better find one you like.

I just hope that this site helps him get the stuff fixed easily and he can get passed the initial screwing, his fault or not. I would love to have a newer X2... post some pics!

JimN
12-04-2009, 08:22 PM
That sucks that the boat is not what you hoped it would be. I guess JimN has some good points. As for the toaster comments, I agree this is not a toaster but that does not justify buying a used boat from a local dealer. Price may not have been the reason he bought a boat from a dealer 1000s of miles away. Narrowing down the boat (X2) and year and then trying to find a color that you are happy with before spending $40k - $50k or more is a really good reason to travel for the sale. If you are going to keep it for a while and for the price, you better find one you like.

I just hope that this site helps him get the stuff fixed easily and he can get passed the initial screwing, his fault or not. I would love to have a newer X2... post some pics!

If I couldn't be there to do a survey on a used boat, I wouldn't buy one without it from a long distance seller. There are just too many ways someone can do some kind of damage without realizing it and we all know many people just shouldn't own a boat because they don't maintain or repair things until it's far too late. This gets passed along to the next person if the dealer is selling it either as a consignment or if they got it cheap and see lots of dollar signs. In this case, the dealer will do as little as possible because the more they do, the more money is added to their cost. As a matter of conscience (yeah, I know), a dealer shouldn't sell a boat without finding out what works and what doesn't. That way, they can't be caught in a lie. Just signing a form that states "It seemed alright at the time" doesn't cut it, IMO.

Chief
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
This isn't a toaster or a cheap electronic item that you can buy just anywhere, it was a boat that cost tens of thousands of dollars and you gambled on buying it from a dealer in Florida. You have dozens of dealers closer and you chose them. Buying big ticket items over long distances is risky and if you didn't arrange for some kind of inspection or penalties for non-working accessories, there's not a lot of choices for placing the blame- it's their fault for not getting it right and it's your fault for not making sure you had a way to verify everything before it was shipped. You could have even had a third party handle that.

That's the problem with buying only on price- there's no guarantee that you'll get everything you would have for a little more. Used to be that people saw service as having value but once everyone decided that they wanted everything for the lowest price, it became impossible to provide top of the line services without cutting some corners.

Couldn't agree with you more.

venetrex
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
What was the price??? That will end the good deal debate. If it was cheap enough, those are minor items

mwinks22
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
The price was $39,995, good price but was more concerned about getting the model and colors I wanted.

Simply, I was just hoping for a bit of honesty. Had the dealer told me from the start these items were not working I would have still purchased the boat and expected to fix them. No big deal. However, being told everything worked, taking out on the water the first time and then figuring out I was really lied too...would set just about anyone off...no matter the distance or price. JMHO. I'll post up some pics later. Christmas is coming and I am going to get the boat equip and gear for wakesurfing...just a downer I have 5 months to wait :(

SkiDog
12-07-2009, 11:33 AM
The price was $39,995, good price but was more concerned about getting the model and colors I wanted.

Simply, I was just hoping for a bit of honesty. Had the dealer told me from the start these items were not working I would have still purchased the boat and expected to fix them. No big deal. However, being told everything worked, taking out on the water the first time and then figuring out I was really lied too...would set just about anyone off...no matter the distance or price. JMHO. I'll post up some pics later. Christmas is coming and I am going to get the boat equip and gear for wakesurfing...just a downer I have 5 months to wait :(

Why don't you call Steve there @ LSM, and see what he says. He's SUPPOSED to be the custpmer service GURU!:D

mwinks22
12-07-2009, 11:40 AM
here is a pic...had just over 100 hours.

scott023
12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Good looking boat... don't feel bad about the waiting, I'm told that's part of the enjoyment of boating. :rolleyes::D:D

sand2snow22
12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Nice. Congrats! Might as well take those guide covers off and/or replace them with a dealer you are willing to advertise for :D

KHall
12-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Hello,

Ballast Gauges

The things wrong list could have been a whole lot worse. Even w/o looking up the boats value it sounds like you ultimately made out pretty well, considering the risk of a verbal transaction. The frustration over things wrong part can occur with pretty much any "good" boat. I went from Maryland to Oklahoma for my last boat (2000 PS195), and honestly its hard to be thorough even when self inspecting and test driving. Still feel like i got lucky when all went well. It was a good deal but, for low risk you almost need the survey and or engine tests which cost extra.

mwinks22
12-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks and yes I will be getting some guide covers from MIDWEST MASTERCRAFT...they ahve been extremely helpful and professional in helping me with boat issues!!!!

Random question...I like the look of the new towers but not sure if the time/$$$/work is worth the swap...any thoughts? any experience?

Smoothie
12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Just a plus for buying local. I forgot to check some things out when buying from Jim at BAWS got home ran the boat found a few things called Jim. He said enjoy it for the weekend bring it in Monday he had everything to my satisfaction by wed and was back on the lake. I would not even buy a boat from Orlando being in Tampa. However that boat is beautiful love the color enjoy it.

DooSPX
12-09-2009, 12:48 PM
I would agree with you on that Smoothie.
Jim and Chuck from BAWS is the best CS I have seen from any kind of dealer. being an auto or a boat dealer.

VOLFAN
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with LSM. I actually bought a boat from them that they had on consignment last year and traveled from Tennessee down there to purchase it. I looked the boat over really good and then took it for a lake test and checked everything out before signing the papers. They even shipped me stuff I said the boat needed and also sent a package of all kinds of goodies.

I have since heard some bad things about them and a couple of people from this site have had some bad experiences with them.

As others have said it is better to try to use a dealer close to your home.

There are a few dealers on here that I think pretty much everyone will stand up for and I would not think twice before dealing with them.

I am in no way trying to take up for them
Again it sucks you had a bad experience!

mwinks22
12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Got word my boat was ransacked, they cut the fence and stole some electronics...D@MM!T...The storage place is being AWESOME and replacing everything brand new that was taken at least.

VOLFAN
12-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Man that sucks! that your boat was ransacked! That happened to me three times on my 03' x2 and nothing is worse than showing up to check on it and find out you have been robbed!

That is great the storage place is covering it for ya!

I yanked mine off the lift I stored it on the water after the 3rd time and stored in a building that was in a fenced in lot with security lighting!!!

sand2snow22
12-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Sucks to hear.

This is a local company, high end, great tower speakers, too. Have to drop their name....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/751618.html?1260903012

scott023
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Got word my boat was ransacked, they cut the fence and stole some electronics...D@MM!T...The storage place is being AWESOME and replacing everything brand new that was taken at least.

That's brutal... sorry to hear.

TX.X-30 fan
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I would agree with you on that Smoothie.
Jim and Chuck from BAWS is the best CS I have seen from any kind of dealer. being an auto or a boat dealer.

how does it work, is pay based on thread hits or some other formula?? :D

SkiDog
12-18-2009, 01:38 PM
how does it work, is pay based on thread hits or some other formula?? :D

You never quit, do ya?:D

TMCNo1
12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
You never quit, do ya?:D

I think TX asks a valid question. From the questions here, Find all threads started by DooSPX (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/search.php?do=finduser&u=2157&starteronly=1), he can't even get any help from the persons he so highly recommends to others, I'm jus sayin'.:rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
12-18-2009, 02:24 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

SunCoast 83
12-21-2009, 08:53 PM

LSM is now a Malibu and Axis Dealer. Not obligated to uphold any MC warranty as far as I know. They have not been a dealer since 2008.

Jim@BAWS
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I think TX asks a valid question. From the questions here, Find all threads started by DooSPX (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/search.php?do=finduser&u=2157&starteronly=1), he can't even get any help from the persons he so highly recommends to others, I'm jus sayin'.:rolleyes:

Im just sayin"...:)

Here in Florida we have telephones. He picks the hand held device up, then dials 10 numbers in sequence, between "0" and "9". It rings, then we answer it at Bay Area WaterSports. SEADOOSPX asks his question then we give an answer. That is how easy it is. No PARTY LINES, no coffee cans with a string between them, no Pony Express. It is a modern marvel. You should try it !!!8p

Have a nice day

Jim@BAWS

VOLFAN
12-22-2009, 12:35 PM
I was always wondering why No1 had that can with a string hanging out of it up to his ear...

just joking no1

DooSPX
12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL LOL LOL!!!

wow, this thread is getting funny....

If I do not call BAWS, Jim PM's me. Hell, he has answered my questions via PM that I didnt even actually ask him. LOL

trickskier
12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Im just sayin"...:)

Here in Florida we have telephones. He picks the hand held device up, then dials 10 numbers in sequence, between "0" and "9". It rings, then we answer it at Bay Area WaterSports. SEADOOSPX asks his question then we give an answer. That is how easy it is. No PARTY LINES, no coffee cans with a string between them, no Pony Express. It is a modern marvel. You should try it !!!8p

Have a nice day

Jim@BAWS

Jim,

The last time we talked..........You were breaking up pretty bad. I'll start in Jax if you'll start in LO'L with new wax we should meet in Ocala. I'll buy lunch.............8p

SunCoast 83
12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
LOL LOL LOL!!!

wow, this thread is getting funny....

If I do not call BAWS, Jim PM's me. Hell, he has answered my questions via PM that I didnt even actually ask him. LOL

and way off topic too...

jdl xstar
12-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Liquid sports is a fine dealership. This thread unfairly singles them out over one customer experience without hearing the dealer's side of the story...

trickskier
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Liquid sports is a fine dealership. This thread unfairly singles them out over one customer experience without hearing the dealer's side of the story...

I agree JD - I dealt with them for years and never had any problems.

JohnE
12-29-2009, 05:35 PM

Yup it does. But this is an open forum and they can present their side of the story if they'd like. Especially since it was a used boat and they are not a mc dealer.

JohnE
12-29-2009, 05:39 PM

I dunno Jim....I bought my used 197 from a dealer 1000 miles away in February 2007. Paid for it (financed a majority portion) made 3 payments and picked it up in May. No issues. Nada, zilch. Difference might be that I bought from a dealer with a fantastic reputation that I grew to trust through many phone conversations. And it was worth the trip.

And came very close to buying a different one from a trustworthy dealer in FLA.

Point is it can work. Your points are well taken though in that many are not so upstanding or trustworthy.

Yellow X9
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM

Couldn't agree with you more, here!- Well stated...Save a buck, pay the price.
With-out proper service, price don't mean squat.

JohnE
12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Couldn't agree with you more, here!- Well stated...Save a buck, pay the price.
With-out proper service, price don't mean squat.

What service comes with a used boat? Take delivery and you are on your own. Unless it comes with the transferrable extended warranty. And at that any dealer can choose accept a claim under that or not.

Buy from a reputable dealer or do your own due diligence when buying used.

Jim@BAWS
01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Jim,

The last time we talked..........You were breaking up pretty bad. I'll start in Jax if you'll start in LO'L with new wax we should meet in Ocala. I'll buy lunch.............8p

Rick...speak up a little I cant hear you....try one of these.

trickskier
01-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Rick...speak up a little I cant hear you....try one of these.

You're breaking up Jim.................The line needs to be re-waxed.............;)

Jim@BAWS
01-08-2010, 09:21 AM
You're breaking up Jim.................The line needs to be re-waxed.............;)

WHAT?...YOU ARE A FLORIDA STATE FAN NOW...I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU... TIGHTEN THE STRING A LITTLE

trickskier
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
WHAT?...YOU ARE A FLORIDA STATE FAN NOW...I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU... TIGHTEN THE STRING A LITTLE

Yo.......u'er............bre................king.. .............up...............p..............lease ..........repeat.............:D

Jim@BAWS
01-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Be CAREFUL The proper terminology is "SAY AGAIN" "Repeat" is a military term used to bring more fire or artillery on the same target. Did you really mean "REPEAT"

How's Herman this week???

Jim@BAWS

trickskier
01-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Be CAREFUL The proper terminology is "SAY AGAIN" "Repeat" is a military term used to bring more fire or artillery on the same target. Did you really mean "REPEAT"

How's Herman this week???

Jim@BAWS

I never served in the military..............Thanks for clarifying...............Say Again.............:D

And no I am not a Florida Snake fan.............:D