PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Friends

h2oskifreak
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
O.K. I admit it I am on Facebook but I think I use it for what it is inteneded for. I have found several old friends and it's nice to see what they are up to and reconnect. I also believe it could be good for my business being on there. To my point; I can't believe how many on there must have nothing interesting in their lives. Farmville, Mafia Wars and all those games people play. I know not everyone can ski this time of year but isn't this a total waste of time. I admit I am pretty driven and being self employed, a perfectionist and single dad keep me busier than most, but come on people "Billy lost his sheep, help him find it". Seems a little needy and off center to me. Does anyone else see this or is it just me wondering how boring to the core others appear to be. Something always needs done on the boat, right.

beef
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Status: "What should I have for breakfast, Cheerios or a waffle?" :)

tex
12-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm on it a lot. I think that it is great for people like me who have friends spread all over the world. Fun to keep up with them and let them know what kind of stupidity I'm up to. You have to be ready to put up with all the random people from HS and beyond that want to keep up with you too. Most want to be your friend but could care less about what you are up to. I have some witty friends who I get to enjoy their humor almost daily!

MC2000190
12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Omg! Lol! Its All A Waste! Lol!

bcampbe7
12-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Omg! Lol! Its All A Waste! Lol!

I think you meant "Omg! Lol! CWOT! Lol!"

jipster43
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I definitely have better things to do than get on the interwebs and worry about what someone else is doing.... Ooops! Maybe not.

JP :)

coz
12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm on it a lot. I think that it is great for people like me who have friends spread all over the world. Fun to keep up with them and let them know what kind of stupidity I'm up to. You have to be ready to put up with all the random people from HS and beyond that want to keep up with you too. Most want to be your friend but could care less about what you are up to. I have some witty friends who I get to enjoy their humor almost daily!

I'm with ya Tex....my family is spread out accross the US and it's a great way to stay in touch. Also great to see the friends from 30+ years ago....some look great.....some look scary....but it's cool to see what they've been up to. I don't f-around with those stupid games or send daisies or here's a beer on me.....I just click ignore when I get those.

tex
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I definitely have better things to do than get on the interwebs and worry about what someone else is doing.... Ooops! Maybe not.

I rest my case...How's Bozeman these days. I have a friend who has land right accross from Bridger Bowl. I went snowboarding there for my 40th...Beautiful place!

Monte
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I get on to check Mafia Wars and take the quizzes. Very little keeping up with friends, because no more than I check it. The real people I want to keep up with are usually buried amongst 10,000 other status updates people feel necessary to upate every 5 minutes.

bcampbe7
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
I ended up clsoing my FB and MySpace accounts.

I did one of those IQ test on FB and then sent it to my Democratic friends to challenge them. Pi$$ed them off because they couldn't get the score to go above 110. I closed my accounts shortly thereafter.

mpabreo
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
If you want to keep up with friends, call, text, email. Anything beyond that is rediculously pathetic. Go buy some social skills and get off the internet social club and do something productive. If youre actually interested in what your 8th grade classmate that you havent talked to in 20 years is cooking for dinner on an obscure Wednesday nite, you have serious issues and need to do the world a favor and jump off a bridge.

coz
12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
If you want to keep up with friends, call, text, email. Anything beyond that is rediculously pathetic. Go buy some social skills and get off the internet social club and do something productive. If youre actually interested in what your 8th grade classmate that you havent talked to in 20 years is cooking for dinner on an obscure Wednesday nite, you have serious issues and need to do the world a favor and jump off a bridge.

Dude! what the hell do you call TT?....I call it an internet social club/forum for MC owners......so why don't you go do something productive instead of hanging on this internet social site?...Your quote makes me laugh, you're on the internet right now in a social forum.......just saying :D

mpabreo
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Dude! what the hell do you call TT?....I call it an internet social club/forum for MC owners......so why don't you go do something productive instead of hanging on this internet social site?...Your quote makes me laugh, you're on the internet right now in a social forum.......just saying :D

I'm not here for social reasons, only to support other MC owners and share helpful information with those who enjoy the same hobbies as I do. Now, we all throw up photos and such, post fun threads, etc. But I'm sure not asking when you guys are doing laundry, or washing your dog, nor am i trying to meet a hot chick on here. I support forums 100% as I believe the wealth of the worlds knowledge is contained therein. It is VERY productive for me to spend time on here as it helps me with fixes, mods, and odd jobs related to watersports and boats. Hope that helps clarify my previous statement if it was originally misleading... ;)

coz
12-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm not here for social reasons. Hope that helps clarify my previous statement if it was originally misleading... ;)

Does now :rolleyes:

h2oskifreak
12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm not here for social reasons, only to support other MC owners and share helpful information with those who enjoy the same hobbies as I do. Now, we all throw up photos and such, post fun threads, etc. But I'm sure not asking when you guys are doing laundry, or washing your dog, nor am i trying to meet a hot chick on here. I support forums 100% as I believe the wealth of the worlds knowledge is contained therein. It is VERY productive for me to spend time on here as it helps me with fixes, mods, and odd jobs related to watersports and boats. Hope that helps clarify my previous statement if it was originally misleading... ;)

So you have never looked at the "Swimsuit Thread"? lol

TMCNo1
12-02-2009, 07:26 PM

I absolutely love it, well said.

jipster43
12-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Tex - Bozeman is hangin' tough! What are your friends names? Maybe I know 'em. Bridger is a great mountain for sure. It's nothing like the Colorado or Utah mountains, but it definitely has its own charm!

Sorry for the threadjack!

Monte
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I'll say one thing.. I am beating prambold's azz in quizzes...

Ric
12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I ended up clsoing my FB and MySpace accounts.

I did one of those IQ test on FB and then sent it to my Democratic friends to challenge them. Pi$$ed them off because they couldn't get the score to go above 110. I closed my accounts shortly thereafter.
whats not to luv about beau?

Im not on that place. I wouldnt know how to use it:o

bcampbe7
12-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I'll say one thing.. I am beating prambold's azz in quizzes...

Not sure I would be bragging. He is Canadian, afterall. :D

east tx skier
12-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Meh, facebook. I'll hold out for an antisocial network. This place and a host of others accomplishes my need to communicate outside of email. I don't think I've ever read anything in the news about anything someone posted on facebook ending well for that person. Always seems like just another way to get fired.

Not trying to take away from anyone who may enjoy it. Just not for me.

Monte
12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Not sure I would be bragging. He is Canadian, afterall. :D

Valid point:rolleyes: Forgot about that:( Thanks for knocking me off my high horse:mad:

Monte
12-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Meh, facebook. I'll hold out for an antisocial network. This place and a host of others accomplishes my need to communicate outside of email. I don't think I've ever read anything in the news about anything someone posted on facebook ending well for that person. Always seems like just another way to get fired.

Not trying to take away from anyone who may enjoy it. Just not for me.

Eh, you just have to remember that everyone you have "friended" will see your status and/or pictures:rolleyes: My brother in law is a real estate atty. He says he gets a good bit of business from it. Hey! It could be a great place to sell your book8p

jipster43
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I threaten to fire myself everytime I get on the internets.

east tx skier
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Eh, you just have to remember that everyone you have "friended" will see your status and/or pictures:rolleyes: My brother in law is a real estate atty. He says he gets a good bit of business from it. Hey! It could be a great place to sell your book8p

Like I said before, "meh."