PDA

View Full Version : Propeller 2002 x-star

Curtnvelma
12-02-2009, 02:19 AM
What was the prop that came with the 2002 x-star? I have been reading that people are changing their props when adding ballast above the factory weight. But so far my boat still seems responsive when I throw some extra weight on my boat (About and extra 450lb up front). Then I dawned on me that I may already have an upgraded prop. The other possibility is that I just might not be adding enough weight to exceed the threshold where the boat may bog down on it's performance (I read a lot of people adding at least another 500 lbs to the back of the boat). The prop I have on my boat is OJ 14X18. What prop do you recommend?

TMCNo1
12-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Go directly to the man that knows, Eric Johnson @ http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us or contact him by pm, EJ OJPROP, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1537
Be prepared to give him any info he may need like, current prop info off the hub, baseline numbers of the speeds and RPM's for the current prop, boat model and year, engine size, transmission ratio, function (skiing, barefooting, surfing, boarding, tubing, etc.), ballast use, fuel load, gear, nominal # of passengers, etc. He will need it to determine the best prop for your application

76S&S
12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
I believe that the 14x18 is the original prop. Only adding 450 up front is not going to necessitate a new prop but if you plan on adding much more you need to contact Eric. Give him you ballast plans and he can recommend a good prop for your setup.

Ole Miss Rebels
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
changing your prop is the single most significant (and relatively inexpensive) thing you can do to your boat to change it completely into something different. call eric, and do exactly what he says. you will think you bought a new boar with an extra 100 hp when you get the new and improved prop on there. unbelievable what a new technology prop will do for your watersports experience. good luck and let us know what he suggests.

obtw- i run a 14.75 X 15.5 on my 08 xstar with the L18 engine. the original prop was a 13.7 X 17.5. wow, what a differnece. i absolutely love that prop even though it is geared down a little lower than i actually need. it does make the perfect pass lock in solidly, hold speed perfectly, has my 180 lbs out of the water at 3.4 mph, responds immediately when i give it the gas and stops immediately when i hit reverse (no more fears about bumping the dock or overshooting my trailer when loading.

ironj32
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM
ACME 1235 !

if your running a lot of weight and a top end speed of about 34/35 mph is okay with you, then the ACME 1235 is hands down the best prop to run (not sure what the OJ equivalent model would be?).

EJ OJPROP
12-04-2009, 09:12 AM
What was the prop that came with the 2002 x-star? I have been reading that people are changing their props when adding ballast above the factory weight. But so far my boat still seems responsive when I throw some extra weight on my boat (About and extra 450lb up front). Then I dawned on me that I may already have an upgraded prop. The other possibility is that I just might not be adding enough weight to exceed the threshold where the boat may bog down on it's performance (I read a lot of people adding at least another 500 lbs to the back of the boat). The prop I have on my boat is OJ 14X18. What prop do you recommend?

The OJ 14 X 18 LC 1 1/8" 4-blade was the prop that came with the boat. For wakeboarding with the added ballast I would suggest our OJ 14.25 X 14.5 LC 1 1/8" FUSION 4-blade.

KHall
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
My 2003 x2, same hull, had a 14x20 it did pretty well with that even pulled 2000lbs. The 14 pitch props have a awesome hole shot. I settled on a OJ 14.75x15?. I like it, but the 14 pitch had a better holeshot loaded.

shunra
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM