PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X-Star Tower Speakers

OkMariner
12-01-2009, 04:24 AM
I just purchased a brand-new (0.5 hrs put on by MC) 2008 X-Star.

It came with one set of speaker cans and JL Audio speakers. It does not include lights. Only play on the speakers may be from demo's in the dealer lot, which would have been minimal.

The build-sheet shows a cost of $2090. Mastercraftbydesign sales the same for $1820 ($1400 for the cans, and $420 for the speakers).

Here is the chance to get yourself a early X-mas present for your Mastercraft. I am selling the package for $1350.

If you have interst in the two new JL amps as well, let me know! I am a car audio fanatic; thus, I prefer to build my own system. Your oppurtunity for authentic MC accessories!

Thanks
Chris

jbmizzell
12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
How much for the amps?

Jim@BAWS
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I have a 2 channel JL AMP that can be used to BRIDGE the tower speakers and the MasterCraft Batterey Wiring Harness with the FUSE BLOCK

I sent you a PM w/ pricing. It can be shipped tommorrow

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

scott023
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I have a 2 channel JL AMP that can be used to BRIDGE the tower speakers and the MasterCraft Batterey Wiring Harness with the FUSE BLOCK

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Jim, I think the OP was trying to sell his stuff, not start a thread so you could hijack his sale. :confused:

craig3972
12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
what r u putting in in their place?

flipper
12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Jim, I think the OP was trying to sell his stuff, not start a thread so you could hijack his sale. :confused:
Edit: Never mind....don't want somebody to cry

pram
12-01-2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

You really didn't just post this did you???

I know that you are a dealer and all, and trying to make a living, but do you really think that you needed to jack this thread on the 3rd post hawking your wares?

The man bought a new boat, doesn't like the stuff that is on it and is trying to recoup some cost and give someone else the opportunity to get it a great price and what do you do???

Post in his thread trying to undersell him.

Your an a-ss, plain simple, an a-ss.

All the jokes about you being nothing more than a used car salesman hit the nail squarely on the head

flipper
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM

I know that you are a dealer and all, and trying to make a living, but do you really think that you needed to jack this thread on the 3rd post hawking your wares?

The man bought a new boat, doesn't like the stuff that is on it and is trying to recoup some cost and give someone else the opportunity to get it a great price and what do you do???

All the jokes about you being nothing more than a used car salesman hit the nail squarely on the head

Well said sir

scott023
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM

Thats' what I was thinking... just didn't post it so eloquently.

flipper
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Thats' what I was thinking... just didn't post it so eloquently.
So that's how you spell it:D

flipper
12-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Funny how he is still on line, yet has no response for his actions. Typical

TinaSkiGirl
12-01-2009, 05:22 PM
You boys aren't playing nice at all!

I'll say one thing about you boys from Canada and NorCal! You may have little winkeys! But you got big balls!!!

scott023
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
You boys aren't playing nice at all!

I'll say one thing about you boys from Canada and NorCal! You may have little winkeys! But you got big balls!!!

That's not what you said last weekend. :D:D:D

TinaSkiGirl
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
That's not what you said last weekend. :D:D:D

Awwwwww... You still remember how to use your 6th grade comebacks!!!

But I did say that. Then I realized I was sitting on your thumb!!! ;)

scott023
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Awwwwww... You still remember how to use your 6th grade comebacks!!!

But I did say that. Then I realized I was sitting on your thumb!!! ;)

That wasn't a comeback... it was the truth.:D

We won't tell them where my thumb was though... that'll be our secret. ;)

TinaSkiGirl
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
That wasn't a comeback... it was the truth.:D

We won't tell them where my thumb was though... that'll be our secret. ;)

Good! Then I won't have to tell them how you were explaining by example what you were having me do to you!

BTW Did you ever find that fake thumb nail of mine that came off???

scott023
12-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Good! Then I won't have to tell them how you were explaining by example what you were having me do to you!

BTW Did you ever find that fake thumb nail of mine that came off???

Sure did. I sent it to you yesterday.

Jerseydave
12-01-2009, 06:15 PM
I like Tinaskigirl..........you sure can dish it out!
You're welcome to come to Jersey and ski with me anytime! :D Lol!
(June 26th 2010 works for me!)

jdl xstar
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm in the camp that its not that big of a deal for Jim to let the guy know of an amp for sale. The OP turned this thread into a sales thread instead of doing it through the market place, so its fair game. Certainly not the first time someone has posted info about their own products on various threads.

Ease up on a brutha!

Speaking of for sale.. Someone buy my X2!!! ;)

DemolitionMan
12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
. Promotion of Products/Services. In terms of whether a Team Talk member can use the board to sell new boats or other items, the answer is an unequivocal NO. There cannot be any public promotion of new boats or wakeboards or ropes or anything of the sort, especially by our dealers or partners. This board was never intended to become a sales floor.

However, this board is meant to gather information whether it be useful or otherwise. Sometimes people are looking for information about new boats or products and what they might cost.

All information concerning new products by a dealer or partner needs to be relayed via PM. If someone comes on the board and says they are interested in buying a boat, then any of these guys can PM them, assuming doing so doesn't violate any territory rules.

If any information or solicitation regarding these new boat transactions that is posted on the public side of the board (or the person to which the message is relayed quotes it publically, the post will be deleted and a warning sent to the offending party. Repeated violation will be handled otherwise on a case-by-case basis.

Thread Suspension
If the moderators determine that a thread or post in a thread is in violation of forum rules, the moderators may lock or suspend the thread at their discretion.

Jim@BAWS
12-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey FLIPPER, PRAM, AND SCOTT My phone # is (813) 996 2297. You can call me anytime you like to discuss TEAM TALK... ANYTIME or you can email me at jim.baws@verizon.net

The simple fact is this. I am not peddling NEW stuff. The amp was removed from a boat. Just offering the guy a deal if he wants it. I suggest you guys look at how many threads you have openly jacked before you call me out. I did not jack the thread at all, added to it.

As far as what I offer to TEAM TALK. It goes way beyond selling used equipment and used boats. So take a chill pill. or at least swallow one. I know it is COLD where you guys are at and you can't wait until spring

Please call at you opportunity, or PM or email me your # and I will contact you

Jim@BAWS

OkMariner
12-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, thread went crazy in a hurry.

As for the amps. They are:

M4500 - List for $380
M6600 - List for $500.

I would sell them both for $550.

PM with any questions.

I am new to board, sorry if it was inappopriate post. Seen many others do it as I have been watching for last few months during my purchase. Saw no complaints.

Chris

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Well, thread went crazy in a hurry.

As for the amps. They are:

M4500 - List for $380
M6600 - List for $500.

I would sell them both for $550.

PM with any questions.

I am new to board, sorry if it was inappopriate post. Seen many others do it as I have been watching for last few months during my purchase. Saw no complaints.

Chris

I don't think you need to worry about it Chris. These guys are up in the extreme cold area of the country and it sometimes freezes their brains so they can't fumction on a normal level.
People advertise their stuff all the time on here and probably in the wrong areas and threads. So freakin what! Does it hurt anything? I think not.
Then we got wannabe mods like Tricky's boy yellow78. What the hell are we gonna do with the likes of him?

scott023
12-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't think you need to worry about it Chris. These guys are up in the extreme cold area of the country and it sometimes freezes their brains so they can't fumction on a normal level.
People advertise their stuff all the time on here and probably in the wrong areas and threads. So freakin what! Does it hurt anything? I think not.
Then we got wannabe mods like Tricky's boy yellow78. What the hell are we gonna do with the likes of him?

I have no problem with Chris trying to sell his stuff... I just couldn't believe a dealer came on his thread and offered the same product up for sale. Seemed really unprofessional. I also haven't said anything about Jim moving merch. on here on his own threads, so I fail to see how the weather where I live relates to the thread.

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I have no problem with Chris trying to sell his stuff... I just couldn't believe a dealer came on his thread and offered the same product up for sale. Seemed really unprofessional. I also haven't said anything about Jim moving merch. on here on his own threads, so I fail to see how the weather where I live relates to the thread.

From what I gathered from the 2 posts was that Jim was trying to help 'OK' out so he wouldn't have to sell all his audio equipment and replace the whole 9 yds. I could be wrong, and if so please accept my sincerest apologies!

pram
12-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe you should have a look at my posts on here before you go and call me out, I just went and looked back 3 pages and didn't see any thread jacks, I welcomed someone, swimsuit thread, MM, someone fixing their guide pole and saying it was a nice job etc. So before you get on your high horse and start calling people out, maybe look at your own actions and how they adversly affect those in this forum.

You had no right to throw something that you had for sale in the same thread as OK did (especially the same item or type or item)

That showed no couth for doing this and then the post below trying to redirect.

Instead you should have pulled your post, apologized and moved on.

And as far as calling, I did call a couple of weeks ago, got an arrogant person on the other end who couldn't even be bothered to pick up the phone and chose to use a speaker phone while I asked about a steering cable for my boat. That was enough for me thanks

I don't need to talk to you again

Oh and don't worry about the cold, I am conditioned to it and have no problems with it

Thanks again for coming out

Hey FLIPPER, PRAM, AND SCOTT My phone # is (813) 996 2297. You can call me anytime you like to discuss TEAM TALK... ANYTIME or you can email me at jim.baws@verizon.net

The simple fact is this. I am not peddling NEW stuff. The amp was removed from a boat. Just offering the guy a deal if he wants it. I suggest you guys look at how many threads you have openly jacked before you call me out. I did not jack the thread at all, added to it.

As far as what I offer to TEAM TALK. It goes way beyond selling used equipment and used boats. So take a chill pill. or at least swallow one. I know it is COLD where you guys are at and you can't wait until spring

Jim@BAWS

okxstar
12-01-2009, 08:59 PM
OKmariner(my brother) is trying to sell the whole 9 yds and start from scratch minus the speakers in the boat itself. Like he said all of this is as new as you can get and still be installed/used. Boat has 0.5hrs on it and has only been in water at Mastercraft plant for testing before shipping to dealer. We are trying to price it reasonably so someone else can get a good deal and do us a favor at the same time to cover a little of the cost of the equipment that we will be replacing it with. Any questions feel free to contact either one of us. Sorry if some of you feel we put this in the wrong place, we are new to the boards and just thought some of our fellow mastercraft guys&girls might be interested in some mastercraft gear.

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
OKmariner(my brother) is trying to sell the whole 9 yds and start from scratch minus the speakers in the boat itself. Like he said all of this is as new as you can get and still be installed/used. Boat has 0.5hrs on it and has only been in water at Mastercraft plant for testing before shipping to dealer. We are trying to price it reasonably so someone else can get a good deal and do us a favor at the same time to cover a little of the cost of the equipment that we will be replacing it with. Any questions feel free to contact either one of us. Sorry if some of you feel we put this in the wrong place, we are new to the boards and just thought some of our fellow mastercraft guys&girls might be interested in some mastercraft gear.

Your brother did nothing wrong here, so don't worry about it! I wish you luck in selling what you have, cause I know its good equipment, and somebody here will probably want it.

scott023
12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
From what I gathered from the 2 posts was that Jim was trying to help 'OK' out so he wouldn't have to sell all his audio equipment and replace the whole 9 yds. I could be wrong, and if so please accept my sincerest apologies!

C'mon now Eddie. There is no way the Jim's first post was intended to help the OP sell his equipment. There is no way on gods green earth that you can believe that, is there?

DemolitionMan
12-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Eddie I am not trying to be a wannabe mod. OK did nothing wrong here. I was just posting the rules that are on here by team talk. So don't try and call me out. I am just trying to save us from world war 3 on here.:D

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Eddie I am not trying to be a wannabe mod. OK did nothing wrong here. I was just posting the rules that are on here by team talk. So don't try and call me out. I am just trying to save us from world war 3 on here.:D

Whether you know it or not, I'm afraid WW3 is on the horizon. I can see it coming:( and it ain't gonna be pretty.

DemolitionMan
12-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Whether you know it or not, I'm afraid WW3 is on the horizon. I can see it coming:( and it ain't gonna be pretty.

On here, or in the real world. Because I can see both.:cry:

medicmoose
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
So take a chill pill. or at least swallow one. I know it is COLD where you guys are at and you can't wait until spring

jim@BAWS

What a shame Jim....I used to read with interest some things that you post as you seemed to have good information and product knowledge. Now I realize that you have some sort of superiority complex based on your place of residence and I now have absolutely no interest in anything you have to say.

It's too bad that this post/forum got so degraded!

TallRedRider
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it is just winter and lots of us are irritated since we have been cooped up too much.

I personally think there is a place for classifieds...and it isn't in the general discussion section. If I was looking for tower speakers, I would go to the classifieds. Or to the ebay finds for TMC...A friend of mine posted a wakeboard for sale and was reprimanded for it, but this is different because it is something uniquely MC?

What Jim did was cheap, IMO, unless he misread what the guy said when he wanted to build his own system and obviously felt he wanted to start with something other than what comes stock. I can't understand trying to sell something to a guy who already has what you are selling and is trying to get rid of it. But this is one of many reasons why blatant classifieds should be put where they belong, IMHO.

OkMariner
12-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Jim posted his amp for sale after another inquired about my amps.....

Bigger concern....I would be more worried on trying to bridge a two channel amp to a single channel to play multiple tower speakers. I may be crazy but I prefer the left/right sound staging whenever possible. Left/right may not be perfect in a boat, but better than a mono signal everywhere.

Jim@BAWS
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Jim posted his amp for sale after another inquired about my amps.....

Bigger concern....I would be more worried on trying to bridge a two channel amp to a single channel to play multiple tower speakers. I may be crazy but I prefer the left/right sound staging whenever possible. Left/right may not be perfect in a boat, but better than a mono signal everywhere.

I have no problem w/ you posting it on here at all. Maybe we should all try a little harder to post stuff in the correct area. Yes I am guilty. My intention was not to steal you sale. Someone will purhcase your amps.

As far as bridging amps... a 2 channel to power 4 tower speakers. That is how it is set up Works just fine

Sorry to have screwed up your thread..it was not my intention

Jim@BAWS

LaRue
12-02-2009, 09:25 AM
i should leave well enough alone but here goes. from reading this post i am discouraged by several members of TT. A simple, "Heh, Jim, that seemed to be an inappropriate post and we think you should remove it" would have been sufficient. I don't understand why several felt that had to drag another person through the muck and mire and defame his character. Pretty harsh. In addition, the sexual innuendo posts are the most disturbing IMHO. I see nothing of value there. I guess i would like to see us in the future graciously communicate if we feel something has been done inappropriatly or suggest a helpful alternative . Just becuase we are typing and not communicating face to face doesn't change the fact that what we post is a reflection of who we are. We can do better!

flipper
12-02-2009, 09:51 AM

Jim@BAWS

Not really. Almost every thing you have brought here is to benefit you. It has nothing to do with helping others, but more of what can you get out of it. The "unique deals" and such get old. I don't believe team talk was set up to be your personal market place. I have seen plenty of questions on here that I'm sure you know the answer to, but you don't have to time to answer them if it doesn't mean you may be able to sell them the part or get something out of it other than a thank you.

As for the weather, it's nice here infact headed to the lake this weekend:cool:

Maristar210
12-02-2009, 09:56 AM
OOOOOOO The drama !!!!!

TMCNo1
12-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm,

Jim@BAWS
12-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Sorry this thread went south way south

Maristar210
12-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Your creating quite a reputation for yourself by engaging in battle Jim. Admit what you did was bush and move on.

okxstar
12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Here are some pics of the speakers and amps.

okxstar
12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
more pics...

okxstar
12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
picture of the amps...

okxstar
12-02-2009, 10:52 AM
one last pic of the amps