PDA

View Full Version : Norris Lake, TN hydrofoiling opportunity

mikeyg
11-30-2009, 09:28 PM
If anyone is out on Norris ever then get a hold of me. I slalom ski and am an avid hydrofoiler. I could let you try mine out if you'd like. I know that not everyone has access to these foils and would like to get some more people involved with the sport in my area. I can offer to pull you behind my boat or I can come to yours. I am on the side of the lake by Hickory Star Marina in Maynardville.

Thanks,

Mike

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj12/mgolemb/DSC02385.jpg

SkiDog
11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Dog likes to foil!

mikeyg
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice gainer!! where you from? GA?

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Nice gainer!! where you from? GA?

HA! Nice 1/2 gainer! Notice the line tension. Don't think I pulled out quite far enough! I didn't post the crash!:D:D Still learning, but I'm close I think.
Yea, I live in south Ga. on the coast.

mikeyg
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
These foils are too addicting!! i am/was an avid slalom skiier at the begining of this season. I got my first foil in the middle of june and my slalom ski rarely comes out anymore... I can't stress enough to people that are interested in the sport How fun it really is after you begin to fly it. I am offering some of my time and the use of my equipment to people who want to give it a shot. I know that these things aren't cheap but it has been the funnest thing I have ever bought. Just trying to spread the joy!! Ha!

Hey dog- do you know or ski with Doc Will?

mikeyg
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I am learning to lay my gainers out now. did I mention how fun these things are??? :D

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs021.snc3/10836_1153587475514_1102492649_30406425_4146551_n. jpg

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
These foils are too addicting!! i am/was an avid slalom skiier at the begining of this season. I got my first foil in the middle of june and my slalom ski rarely comes out anymore... I can't stress enough to people that are interested in the sport How fun it really is after you begin to fly it. I am offering some of my time and the use of my equipment to people who want to give it a shot. I know that these things aren't cheap but it has been the funnest thing I have ever bought. Just trying to spread the joy!! Ha!

Hey dog- do you know or ski with Doc Will?

OH yea! Great guy! I gotta call from Brad @ eastCoast hydrofoils one day about going up to Savannah to ski with a few peeps. I knew NONE of them, but decided to go anyway. What a great day! Since then, I've skied with Doc and a couple of his buds a couple of times. He came here one Saturday to ski in my glass calm water, only problem was, it was a full moon that weekend. You should have seen all the faceplant weeds and trash floating down the river! Hope that didn't scare him off for good, cause its usually glassey for miles without all the trash.
Looks like you're progressing really nicely, for a beginner! I've been riding about 2 years now, and still having trouble with gainers!:mad:

mikeyg
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the Savannah bunch in GA at the fly-in. Great group!! We could of met there too.... I met soo many people in that short weekend, I can't even remember!!

I gotta say that I have put in some serious seat time this summer. I put about 130 hours on the boat and I wouldn't doubt that half of those hours was with me foiling!! I have a very patient wife!! I struggled for a while just learning jumps, then with inverts.... It just clicked all of sudden for me and started getting funner and funner!!

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the Savannah bunch in GA at the fly-in. Great group!! We could of met there too.... I met soo many people in that short weekend, I can't even remember!!

I gotta say that I have put in some serious seat time this summer. I put about 130 hours on the boat and I wouldn't doubt that half of those hours was with me foiling!! I have a very patient wife!! I struggled for a while just learning jumps, then with inverts.... It just clicked all of sudden for me and started getting funner and funner!!

I was there. I stayed with Cliff & Lisa in their condo. I think I might remember you, now that I think about it. Are you a member of the foilforum?

mikeyg
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
yup - mg82

SkiDog
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
yup - mg82

How do you like the new format that forum has got now? I gotta say, i hate it!:(

mikeyg
12-02-2009, 07:20 AM
It is def different. i think that when it gets dressed back up it will be looking good again. it did take some getting used to though.