PDA

View Full Version : What Is Covered Under Waranty????

hoc76
11-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Ok so we bought a 09 x-45 about 2 months ago and when we got it it had 20 hours on it "we were told it was from the owners daughter using it on the weekends". So about a month and a half ago the kgb ballast pump started making alot of noise grinding mostly. So we brought the boat to our local MC dealer and they said that they will lwt us know how much it wil be when they find out whats wrong with it. My question is would a 09 boat which has the waranty! Why would the darn impeller not be covered under waranty?? this just really boggles my mind haha. We were also told that the reason it was not under waranty was because it is a user changeable part.

scott023
11-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Ok so we bought a 09 x-45 about 2 months ago and when we got it it had 20 hours on it "we were told it was from the owners daughter using it on the weekends". So about a month and a half ago the kgb ballast pump started making alot of noise grinding mostly. So we brought the boat to our local MC dealer and they said that they will lwt us know how much it wil be when they find out whats wrong with it. My question is would a 09 boat which has the waranty! Why would the darn impeller not be covered under waranty?? this just really boggles my mind haha. We were also told that the reason it was not under waranty was because it is a user changeable part.

If you are dealing with a reputable dealer they will take care of it under warranty.

hoc76
11-29-2009, 01:22 AM
ya well they are under MC's dealers so they must be reputable but i dont lknow we have had problems with them since we got the boat!

Jim@BAWS
11-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Covered No Questions Asked

Splash
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Did you do your warranty transfer? Do they know it?

I had to transfer my warranty, It costed me something like 350$, now it's covered.

Congrats for the boat, it must be a really sick ride!!!

Jim@BAWS
11-29-2009, 11:09 AM
I think we need a little more background on this

a) Did you sign a WARRANTY card electronically at the dealership? ONLINE

b) Was the boat represented "AS NEW" Full warranty?

c) I see that you are in the SE. Was the boat purchased OUT OF TERRITORY???

d) What does it say on your MARINE PURCHASE AGREEMENT?

These would help answer questions from a Dealer Standpoint

Jim@BAWS

MYMC
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Covered No Questions Asked
Absolutely the right answer.

I think we need a little more background on this
Respectfully disagree
a) Did you sign a WARRANTY card electronically at the dealership? ONLINE
Makes no difference...could have been done off-site on paper which we always do since the "electronic pad" never worked!

b) Was the boat represented "AS NEW" Full warranty?
Again makes no difference it is a 2009 model year boat and it is still 2009...virtually no system would not be covered in the first year. The only possible issue here would be misuse, abuse or neglect.

c) I see that you are in the SE. Was the boat purchased OUT OF TERRITORY???
Legally and morally makes no difference and is clearly stated in the MC Dealer agreement.

d) What does it say on your MARINE PURCHASE AGREEMENT?
Makes no difference as that contract would not supersede the warranty placed on the boat by the manufacturer. Also 20 hours falls well below the "demo" guideline, thus the clock would not start ticking until time of warranty registration.

Even if the boat was previously sold and registered without the new owner being made aware of the transfer fee (or the fact they were buying a used boat) I have never seen MasterCraft not stand behind the warranty...particularly in the first year.