PDA

View Full Version : Any MCs near Lake Anna or Northern VA area??

TEAL98
11-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Just like the title says, looking for MC owners or skiiers around the northern va area or perhaps on Lake Anna. I've seen more than a handful of MCs on the lake but I'm always in a position where I'm pullin' or not even in my boat:mad: I can never seem to catch one in a no-wake zone or at any ramps... It boils down to my gf being too scared to pull me behind my own boat. It's not an issue right now, but it will be come late march/early april. AND IT'S COMING FAST!!!:) (Don't say it's not, I'm trying to keep a positive head through this BS we call winter):cool:

Jerseydave
11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I think "dog paw" is on Anna. Red stars & stripes.

I wish I lived closer, that lake is nice! Where are you located, near DC?
I'd be glad to give you a pull up here in Jersey. :D

TEAL98
11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
I live in Spotsylvania County but work up in Manassas in Prince William County. Well, I guess I should say I work OUT of Manassas, since I'm in the insulation field. Can't see myself going up to NJ for much of anything but I will definately keep that in mind. And if you ever want a pull, don't hesitate to let me know if you're in the area. I've actually thought about traveling around this summer to check out different spots in the state.

Jerseydave
11-27-2009, 10:29 PM
You need to make the trip to Smith Mountain Lake...........we've been there about 4 times and it's sooooo nice! We stay at the Westlake Inn right on the water with free docks! They even have their own ramp (although very steep).

If you want to head north, I think the MC Northeast reunion will be happening again, location TBD.

KHall
11-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Just like the title says, looking for MC owners or skiiers around the northern va area or perhaps on Lake Anna. I've seen more than a handful of MCs on the lake but I'm always in a position where I'm pullin' or not even in my boat:mad: I can never seem to catch one in a no-wake zone or at any ramps... It boils down to my gf being too scared to pull me behind my own boat. It's not an issue right now, but it will be come late march/early april. AND IT'S COMING FAST!!!:) (Don't say it's not, I'm trying to keep a positive head through this BS we call winter):cool:

I go to Lake Anna a few times a year. Both with my boat and to ride other wakes. I only wake anymore, haven't skied since 2002. Be happy to meet up sometime. I also ride in MD if you ever want to come over.

TEAL98
11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
NJSkier - I've heard ALOT about SML!!! Seems to be a very nice spot indeed, as it is THEE largest freshwater lake in the state of VA, with Lake Anna being the second. My mother has a place in Pine Harbor, which is a gated community with lake acces on Anna, and some people she knows go to SML about 2 or 3 times a year, and they said it's beautiful indeed. I'd like to plan a trip there sometime in July or August and make it a 3 or 4 day weekend, but I don't wanna be the only MC fool out there:D As far as the Northeast reunion goes, I'd love to be a part of it, PLEASE keep me posted on the details. Also thought about going to Carolina Spring Madness, but it seems a bit too far for me at the moment anyways

KHall - You should definately come down sometime in the spring, I need somebody to pull me:D Behind my boat or another MC, doesn't matter, but nobody around here seems to be competent enough to do it. And with my trying to get up on one ski, I'd like to have a fellow TT member gimme some instruction while pulling me. Since you're relatively close, I'm sure we could make arrangements to meet up. I've got a Hyperlite 143 board I was gunna try to get up on, but my last weekend trip fell through once I got to the dock (mom is crazy:D)

KHall
11-28-2009, 01:07 PM
BTW, for the record SML is georgous place.

TEAL98
11-29-2009, 05:35 AM
I'd like to see some pictures of some MCs on it

Jerseydave
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd like to see some pictures of some MCs on it

We did see a few MC's on SML so you won't be the only one.

Here's a pic of the Westlake Inn where we stayed........our room was on the 1st floor (just to the right of person in blue shirt) where we could BBQ on the lawn and use the pcnic tables.

KHall, where else do you boat in Maryland? We sometime hit the Chester river near Chestertown.

Jerseydave
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Another pic of our riding spot on SML right near the Inn.

ccelia
11-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I frequent Lake Anna during the summer months, renting various houses on the public side of the lake. I also ski/board in the Occoquan River (Belmont Bay, if your familiar with the area). If your out early in the morning or late at night, you can normally find some smooth water. My boat is at a Marina right on the Occoquan and it takes about two minutes to get to our riding spot. I go out every weekend and occasionally during the week, so let me know if you want to meet up when it starts to warm up.

ahhudgins
11-29-2009, 07:28 PM
njskier, did you go to SML on the weekend or during the week? I actually skied for the first time (a looong time ago) at SML, but once I got my own boat I ended up going to Leesville Lake. Leesville is fed by SML, and is very small by comparison but the water is smoother on the weekend and it has a lot less traffic. SML has grown by leaps and bounds and is a nice tourist attraction, but I've never seen smooth water on the weekend. SML always has several accidents every summer involving boats running into each other, jet skis slamming into boats, and tubers getting slung into docks. A few summes ago, A guy ran his power boat over another boat and killed a retired couple and their dog. It's a great place to go shopping and eat out, but there are a lot of crazy people driving boats too!

Jerseydave
11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
njskier, did you go to SML on the weekend or during the week? I actually skied for the first time (a looong time ago) at SML, but once I got my own boat I ended up going to Leesville Lake. Leesville is fed by SML, and is very small by comparison but the water is smoother on the weekend and it has a lot less traffic. SML has grown by leaps and bounds and is a nice tourist attraction, but I've never seen smooth water on the weekend. SML always has several accidents every summer involving boats running into each other, jet skis slamming into boats, and tubers getting slung into docks. A few summes ago, A guy ran his power boat over another boat and killed a retired couple and their dog. It's a great place to go shopping and eat out, but there are a lot of crazy people driving boats too!

The last 2 times we hit SML it was on weekends in august. The Westlake Inn is on the Roanoke river channel where it's less crowded. I know the wide area of the lake has alot of traffic and is rough, so we don't wakeboard there. Of course the best water is before 11am even where we go. (above pic of my son was on a weekend, prob in the am)

I've heard Leesville lake is really nice for skiing, much less crowded than SML.

ccelia, I've heard Anna gets crazy busy on the weekends. I have not been there for about 10 years, so I don't know how it is these days. (I"ve heard the "hot" side is almost never busy though)

ahhudgins
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
The water level at Leesville flucuates as much as 10 feet from the water being let out, and drawn back into SML. This causes a lot of sticks and debris to be pulled into the lake. They usually hold the water level constant on the weekend so it's not a problem. You don't have to look very hard to find glass water, but don't tell anyone, we try to keep it a secret.:D

dog paw
11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Teal, I broke out the anti freeze and called it a season today:( I'm in the same boat you are (pardon the pun) my wife will pull me on a kneeboard but thats about it. I think she is more afraid of hurting the boat than me LOL!!

We are up the lake a bit from you, up in the State park area and normally hang up past Hunters landing, or down at the Islands. We have some good friends that just sold there place in Edgewood Bay right down the creek from ya. The wally factor has reached a critical point for me on the weekends at Anna. It aint fun anymore.... 90% of the time we are on the SeaDoos on the weekends. We run up Contrary Creek often, some of the best go fast guys on the lake are up there. We run a 84 S+S or will be on a RXPX and a old GTXltd.

Is it spring yet??:)

TEAL98
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Teal, I broke out the anti freeze and called it a season today:( I'm in the same boat you are (pardon the pun) my wife will pull me on a kneeboard but thats about it. I think she is more afraid of hurting the boat than me LOL!!

We are up the lake a bit from you, up in the State park area and normally hang up past Hunters landing, or down at the Islands. We have some good friends that just sold there place in Edgewood Bay right down the creek from ya. The wally factor has reached a critical point for me on the weekends at Anna. It aint fun anymore.... 90% of the time we are on the SeaDoos on the weekends. We run up Contrary Creek often, some of the best go fast guys on the lake are up there. We run a 84 S+S or will be on a RXPX and a old GTXltd.

Is it spring yet??:)

Dog Paw - You said it best in "I think she is more afraid of hurting the boat than me" This is the exact reason why I'm not able to get my ole' lady behind the wheel to pull me. She's too worried about the "what-ifs"

Yeah I know where Hunters landing is, and I Edgewood Bay is definately familiar! I bought my boat on Tuesday Sept 1st and within those 7 days, it spent 6 on the lake:) Plus every weekend until the 3rd weekend of October. My father-in-law has an '05 Bass Tracker that he's ALWAYS out fishing the creek in for the most part, or going out to that hang out spot by Christopher Run. We'll have to get together come April and get some ski time in!

ccelia - I'm not too familiar at all with the occoquan, with the exception that its a ROYAL PITA traffic-wise. When I'm out working in the feild and we cross over the bridge I always look over and think "wonder if anybody skiis/boards this narrow section here" yet I always just shrug it off. It's getting too cold for me to ski and board now, with lows being in the low 30s at night and mid 50s in the day. Although at that start of April I will be putting my 190 back in the water and sometime around memorial day I will be taking a whole week off to ski and board everyday. A guy that tried to sell me a Mariah one day on 208, lives on the warm side of the lake and told me to come over to his place sometime (probly thinkin he was gunna talk me into buying one), and he said it's NEVER busy over there. Then again, he said it gets to be around 118-120 in the summer months. Not sure how beleivable that is, but if its true, I can see why it's not busy, that's not very comfortable water to be in, on a hot humid sticky summer day (not for me anyways). Contrary Creek isn't too bad though, especially around the bridge and outside of the Pine Harbor no-wake zone. I just did 2 WOT circles around the perimeter and the idiots in the pickelfork outboards and jetboats left MY spot:D

MCDriven
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I have a house and an X2 on the private/warm side. Had a 209 & an X9 and had skiied for about 25-30 years before I gave it up for the most part a couple of years ago for wakeboarding. Pride myself on my driving and instruction, so happy to pull you sometime. Always looking for a pull myself. Actually taking my boat up this weekend after having it winterized to store in the garage for the winter (in part cause I can't get anyone to pull me). Get this thread fired up in the Spring so we can get a LKA MC gang together.

Warm side can get to 98-100 right near the discharge from the plant in the dead of summer, but much less than that everywhere else. Like a big heated pool/hot tub. Gets crowded but nowhere near the cold side level. I am about a 5 minute drive from Contrary Creek/Pine Harbor, so that's a possible place to meet if I can figure out where to park. Pine Harbor was actually supposed to be part of my neighborhood 20 years ago and our access to the cold side.

Hope Spring gets here soon!

TEAL98
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I have a house and an X2 on the private/warm side. Had a 209 & an X9 and had skiied for about 25-30 years before I gave it up for the most part a couple of years ago for wakeboarding. Pride myself on my driving and instruction, so happy to pull you sometime. Always looking for a pull myself. Actually taking my boat up this weekend after having it winterized to store in the garage for the winter (in part cause I can't get anyone to pull me). Get this thread fired up in the Spring so we can get a LKA MC gang together.

Warm side can get to 98-100 right near the discharge from the plant in the dead of summer, but much less than that everywhere else. Like a big heated pool/hot tub. Gets crowded but nowhere near the cold side level. I am about a 5 minute drive from Contrary Creek/Pine Harbor, so that's a possible place to meet if I can figure out where to park. Pine Harbor was actually supposed to be part of my neighborhood 20 years ago and our access to the cold side.

Hope Spring gets here soon!

GOOD, a fellower MC'er on the WARM SIDE!:D I've always wondered how big it is. I've seen stuff on google earth and of course Lake maps, but nothin' like seein' the real thing. My GM at work loaned me his wakeboard, and I was gunna use it on my last trip out before winterizing, but wasn't able to, so I'm definately eager for April to get here! It's a Hyperlite 143 Lattitude, a fin on each side so yeah. I'd REALLY like to work on my slalom skills though, as my boat isn't really known to throw the best wake for 'boardin. BUT, seeing as how you have an X2, looks like both us might be able to do both, eh?;) We will definately have to set something up for everyone in the area to get together on the Lake, so I'll make sure to keep this thread somewhat alive until then. If you're talking about coming down to the creek, leme know. The last 3 spots (which would be on the far side away from the ramp) in Pine Harbour are the ones used for public access while the rest are paid reserved spots. I'll usually bring the boat down on Saturday morning and not take it out until late Sunday evening when I go. Anyways, it's good to see you on here, don't forget about me come spring time... if you do, I'll just bug the hell out of you till you give in and agree to pull (or drag) my novice as$ around the lake:D;) Have a good one

Jerseydave
12-04-2009, 02:24 PM
McDriven and Teal98, even though I'm over 4 hours away I'd be down for an MC meet-up on the warm side of LKA in the spring! I could bring my x-star or just bumm rides from one of you guys. :) Or bring some pretty advanced riders with me that can coach you on wakeboarding if you'd like that.

Oh, and anyone ride a skyski? I could bring that with me as well.

And of course always willing to drive for either one of you guys too. :)

-Dave

TEAL98
12-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Dave, I'm totally down with having you bring yourself and some advanced riders with you!!! I NEED to learn the slalom and just can't seem to teach myself how to get up. YEARS ago, I got up behind a deckboat for about 15 seconds... went to lean left to cut and fell. 1st and only time up, can't remember how to do it. But anyways, you don't need to bring your boat, mine will do just fine. I'm not too anal about it, my only rules are no shoes/sandals and all drinks have to be capped, no pop-open containers:D And if you piss in a beer bottle like my step dad did, REMEMBER to take it out when the boats at the ramp. Upon winterization, I popped open my cooler and got smacked in the face with a stench that almost made me puke:mad: None of it had leaked, but it had a bunch of sodas in there and water from the ice, brewin' for about a month and a half. It is my fault, I should of remembered:rolleyes: But DAMN it took some scrubbin!!!

Anyways, back to the topic, I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! Snow today was a reminder that Spring is halfway here! (Even though it may not be, it helps thinking so:D) I posted some pictures in the off-top discussion when my friend Job and his family were down at the lake with me. For the life of me, I couldn't explain it to him good enough to get him up on skiis or to 'foot. But it was atleast humorous. IS IT APRIL YET??

Burns-5
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey. We live at SML. Let us know the next time you guys come up. We are at R37.

TEAL98
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Just givin' this a bumpity to keep it alive till March/April... don't mind me :D:cool:

atlfootr
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Didn't see any of these, thought they'd help a little ...

TEAL98
01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Damn footr, you get that from google earth? I just got a new GPS, tryin' to learn how to use it on the lake without being on the lake right now:D

BriEOD
01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm in your general area but north east some. I'm over by Annapolis on the Severn River. It is brackish--big inhale--but we have a plethora of ski/wake boats. Plus, 2 slalom courses and plenty of places to eat and drink in Annapolis Harbor via boat. My neighborhood is right at the top of the river and we are out a lot!!

TEAL98
02-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I'll have to check that out next time work carries me up there. When May comes around, you should think about rolling down here for an MC gathering;):)

mayo93prostar
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Teal, I am south of BriEOD. I am near the Rhode River and no slalom course. However, the South River does have one that I hope to get to more this summer. I would like to come out and help you with your "driver problem" at some time this spring. I assume the water temp on Lake Anna will be much better than in the bay rivers this spring. I would also like to get up to these slalom courses on the Severn River but I will not go out into the Bay with my Prostar 190 because the waves can get pretty big. Trailering or riding with Bri are my only hopes. Hopefully we can all meet sometime this spring/summer.

trunderw
02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Lake Anna is our home lake! Been going every weekend once it warms up for the past 3 years and eager to continue to do so this year! Was down there last weekend for the exciting dumping of snow too.

BriEOD
02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Teal, I am south of BriEOD. I am near the Rhode River and no slalom course. However, the South River does have one that I hope to get to more this summer. I would like to come out and help you with your "driver problem" at some time this spring. I assume the water temp on Lake Anna will be much better than in the bay rivers this spring. I would also like to get up to these slalom courses on the Severn River but I will not go out into the Bay with my Prostar 190 because the waves can get pretty big. Trailering or riding with Bri are my only hopes. Hopefully we can all meet sometime this spring/summer.

Well, I'm in Severna Park and we have our own ramp in the neighborhood, plus I usually have some open seats.

TEAL98
02-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Good, good, I'll take all the help I can get:D I'm DEFINATELY looking forward to April/May! In some instances it seems like it's only 2 short months away, but for some reason I keep hearing about a couple FEET of snow headed our way this weekend. Might have to spend it in my buddy's garage, throwin' back a few cold ones and working on the MC, to keep my mind focused on the rope;) Damn winter:mad:

mayo93prostar
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
snow is coming. they are saying 18-24 inches. it was sunny and 40 today. let's see what we get. think spring skiing.

BriEOD
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Will you come shovel my driveway for me?:D

mayo93prostar
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
sure, lets break the ice and put the boat in the water too! I imagine that I will have enough shoveling of my own to do... I just hope the power does not go out, but I have a generator if it does.

Gixxer
02-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Just south of Richmond. I am usually on Lake Chesdin most weekends.

BriEOD
02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
sure, lets break the ice and put the boat in the water too!
Ok...where are you I'm getting ready for you?

mayo93prostar
02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
20 inches and still coming down. road not passible.

trunderw
02-06-2010, 09:03 PM
We just went to McDonalds to rent a movie from Redbox...roads are just a thick sheet of ice. They need to get this taken care of quickly because it's gonna get colder...good thing I have a heavy 4x4 and no place I need to be

BriEOD
02-07-2010, 10:00 AM
We just went to McDonalds to rent a movie from Redbox...roads are just a thick sheet of ice. They need to get this taken care of quickly because it's gonna get colder...good thing I have a heavy 4x4 and no place I need to be

Yes...sick of snow! Got shoveled out yesterday. Ditto on the 4x4. Thx to the good people at Ford for building quality trucks.

TMCNo1
02-07-2010, 10:13 AM

:uglyhammeI rented a Angus Burger the other evening from McDonald's and took it back the next morning just before breakfast after I had drank my first cup of coffee!:rolleyes:

Jerseydave
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
:uglyhammeI rented a Angus Burger the other evening from McDonald's and took it back the next morning just before breakfast after I had drank my first cup of coffee!:rolleyes:

There you see, pain IS temporary! :D

trunderw
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM

nice work :)

TEAL98
02-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Is it Spring yet?:D

TEAL98
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Almost 60 degrees today... looks like I'll be watching the weather real closely in the next 3 weeks, to start thinking about de-winterizing... What's everyone got planned Memorial Day Weekend???

BriEOD
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Almost 60 degrees today... looks like I'll be watching the weather real closely in the next 3 weeks, to start thinking about de-winterizing... What's everyone got planned Memorial Day Weekend???

I uncovered the boat to air out & washed both trucks today. Heading to park w kids now.

Jerseydave
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Currently in NJ....air temp 54, water 41, still some snow on the ground.

I'll be in Florida the first week of april, then the weekend of april 10-11 we get the boats ready for another great season of wakeboarding (and foiling for me) :)

No heated lake up here, so we just fill up the wetsuits from the hot water shower in the boat and go for it! 100 degree rule works for me (air 50+ and water 50+)

Don't forget about the MC northeast reunion @ Lake George this year! July 9-11.

TEAL98
03-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Ahhhh, all this boat talk is gunna make me go insane! I've got mine hibernating in my buddy's insulated garage. Didn't wanna pull it out until early-mid april when I can de-winterize and not think twice about doing any engine harm.

I think I'll be the outcast and say that I can't wait to get out and do some footin':D If I'm gunna freeze in a wetsuit, I may as well do it in one helluva rush:cool: Just gotta find the site that'll tell me the water temp of the lake

KHall
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Ahhhh, all this boat talk is gunna make me go insane! I've got mine hibernating in my buddy's insulated garage. Didn't wanna pull it out until early-mid april when I can de-winterize and not think twice about doing any engine harm.

I think I'll be the outcast and say that I can't wait to get out and do some footin':D If I'm gunna freeze in a wetsuit, I may as well do it in one helluva rush:cool: Just gotta find the site that'll tell me the water temp of the lake

http://www.sturgeoncreekmarina.com/fishingreport.htm

TEAL98
03-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Thank you KHall!!! Decided to de-winterize next weekend. Gunna be almost 70 degrees, atleast that's what the forecast is reading, so I'll start on it Friday night and finish up Saturday afternoon. Still have to tap out the two plastic plugs in the back of the manifolds and replace them with the 3/4" Brass ones. NAPA sold me ones that were off the mark, so I'll need to go back and ask for the right ones this time around. Thinking about going ahead and doing the tranny fluid change as well, along with a full tune-up. Boat won't be hitting the water till April anyways, but I wanna bring it back to the house and give it a little post-winter TLC inside and out!:)

dog paw
03-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Teal I can tell you first hand what the water is at Anna...COLD! LOL! We went out last weekend to "road test" two Sea Doos I did the engines on over the winter. Water was about 45deg (per the temp sensors on the skis) at the state park. To my surprise there were quite a few boats out. Tooners to bass go fast's Even saw some other nut on a PWC There was still ice in our cove two weeks ago....

TEAL98
03-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Teal I can tell you first hand what the water is at Anna...COLD! LOL! We went out last weekend to "road test" two Sea Doos I did the engines on over the winter. Water was about 45deg (per the temp sensors on the skis) at the state park. To my surprise there were quite a few boats out. Tooners to bass go fast's Even saw some other nut on a PWC There was still ice in our cove two weeks ago....

:eek: Damn, that's crazy!!! I'm just itching to get behind the boat one more time, since I was only able to do it twice, and it wasn't for very long. Like I said, the biggest problem is finding a comprehendable person that knows an inboard boat. Not only how to drive it, but tow a skiier/wakeboarder as well. I'm going to attempt to teach 2 of my buddies, we'll see how that goes. First I need to work on getting those brass plugs installed, putting the new impeller/tstat in, and making sure I'm where I was at, when I pulled it out of the water last October:D I looked at Sturgeon's water report and it said anywhere from 50-58 degrees, depending on where you were on the lake. Hopefully come the beginning of April, it'll be up in the 60s. If I can get back in the water by the end of April without having to wear a wetsuit, I'll be happy. But if so, you won't find me anywhere except on the lake every weekend, racking up hours on the MC:)

smiller
03-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Heading to Lake Anna this coming weekend to drop the MC in the water. I may zip up the drysuit and take a few pulls. The warm weather this past weekend got me thinking about it. Actually, I've been thinking about it since my last set behind the boat in November.

Before you know it, the lake will be packed on the weekends and it will be back to 6am wakeup calls to get some flat water.

TEAL98
03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Heading to Lake Anna this coming weekend to drop the MC in the water. I may zip up the drysuit and take a few pulls. The warm weather this past weekend got me thinking about it. Actually, I've been thinking about it since my last set behind the boat in November.

Before you know it, the lake will be packed on the weekends and it will be back to 6am wakeup calls to get some flat water.

Man, I've been wanting to de-winterize but I just can't get past these 30 degree nights we've been having. It seems as though that every wednesday/thursday night that comes along, I'm looking at the 10-day forecast to see if I can do the damn thing and not have to worry about the low temps. I love the boat, take care of it almost better than I take care of myself, just can't stand to pull the plugs on it yet:(

TEAL98
03-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm de-winterizing next weekend, and gunna try to dump the boat in the water that Monday. Water still cold to ski without a suit, so I'll just work on detailing her inside and out. She's pretty dusty after this past winter season. It'll be nice to get her out, drive her around for a little while and bring her home to a nice bath and wax!:)

TEAL98
04-04-2010, 03:02 AM
dog paw - if you see me out on the lake in a few hours, gimme a honk. I'll be up in Contrary Creek for the most part, may go up-lake to get to some warmer water, I heard it was about 60 up there

BriEOD
04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Dewinterized and went for a ride yesterday with Cody (my 5 yr old). Completed a few small projects this winter. Brand new 205v galvanized trailer, new steering cable, blue LED lights throughout the boat as courtesy lights, tower light bar for night surfing, replaced 4 interior Clarion 6.5s and Clarion 10" sub for new Kickers (plus 4 kicker tower speakers and 1,100 watts of Kicker amps from last season.)

Its gonna be a great season.

Happy Easter

KHall
04-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Just finished up an awesome wakeboard session. Second outing already this year and waters warming up fast. Hope these trends continue and i get a ton of riding in this year.

engkid_486
04-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Just finished up an awesome wakeboard session. Second outing already this year and waters warming up fast. Hope these trends continue and i get a ton of riding in this year.

Keene you must be part eskimo.... I hit up a wakeboard session last Friday in Port Tobacco. Water temp has got to be 55-60 deg F. My girl had on a half wetsuit (6 mil) and looked like a blueberry after three pulls. I hit up about 5 or 6 pulls in a half wetsuit and that was good enough for me.
On a warmer note.... sure was nice to be on the water again and the "swamp water" from Gilligans was really tastey!

BriEOD
04-05-2010, 01:35 PM
They make these things called drysuits that prevent the "blueberry" effect. :D

mayo93prostar
04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
snow is all gone so I oiled my teak yesterday. waiting for it to dry and then do another coat. Hope to get out on the water soon.

BriEOD
04-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Went for another ride this afternoon/evening. It was gorgeous!

TEAL98
04-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Went for another ride this afternoon/evening. It was gorgeous!

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, it was cold out there yesterday! The air temperature was great and a little humid, but if my depth finder was reading correctly, down lake it was as low as 54 degrees, all the way up to 68 degrees by the power station. In Contrary Creek it was right about 64-66 degrees. Left the house in a hurry in the morning so I forgot the wetsuit along with a couple of other things. Dove in the water, and it sucked the air right out of me for a good 3-4 seconds. Sat on the platform trying to convince myself and my buddy it wasn't that cold but..... wasn't working:D

So I got a nice burn and will probably skip this weekend and wait for the next to try it again, even in the wetsuit. You Maryland guys need to come down to the lake for sure:)

dog paw
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
dog paw - if you see me out on the lake in a few hours, gimme a honk. I'll be up in Contrary Creek for the most part, may go up-lake to get to some warmer water, I heard it was about 60 up there

Had to go north to the wife's sisters place for dinner Sunday. Did get out Sat afternoon a bit on the RXPX. Added a few more pounds of boost and some 50lb injectors and now I cant get the pump set up to hold the engine back, playing the impeller game trying to get the rpm down to 8k :) I tell ya if Saturday was a sign of the summer we are already doomed.... Was hugging the shoreline doing the Wally dodge past the park to Stubbs bridge. I did pass a MC of your vintage on the way up to Hunters (or whatever its going by now) Couple boarder's out up there having a blast. Water was in the high 60's I got bold and ventured out without a wetsuit but had no intention of taking a plunge on purpose :D

KHall
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
They make these things called drysuits that prevent the "blueberry" effect. :D

Drysuit is the only way my skinny tail gets into 50 degree water. I did do one run in a wet shorty, enough to convince me that dry was the way. Hope to wetsuit it from here on out.

KHall
04-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Keene you must be part eskimo.... I hit up a wakeboard session last Friday in Port Tobacco. Water temp has got to be 55-60 deg F. My girl had on a half wetsuit (6 mil) and looked like a blueberry after three pulls. I hit up about 5 or 6 pulls in a half wetsuit and that was good enough for me.
On a warmer note.... sure was nice to be on the water again and the "swamp water" from Gilligans was really tastey!

I recognized your boat. :)

BriEOD
04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Left the house in a hurry in the morning so I forgot the wetsuit along with a couple of other things. Dove in the water, and it sucked the air right out of me for a good 3-4 seconds. Sat on the platform trying to convince myself and my buddy it wasn't that cold but..... wasn't working:D

:worthy: You got big ones bro!

engkid_486
04-06-2010, 08:43 AM
[/QUOTE] You Maryland guys need to come down to the lake for sure:)[/QUOTE]

I'll be down to Lake Anna for sure this year. My buddies parents got a house on the private side. I'll be sure to give you a holler before I had that way.

TEAL98
04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
:worthy: You got big ones bro!

If it was gunna be any better this weekend I'd go ahead and board with just shorts and a jacket but it looks like it's only going to peak at just about 60 sooo... I'm not gunna risk getting sick for a couple minutes of adrenaline:(

Engkid - Yeah man, definately hit me up, I hang out in Contrary Creek which is right off 652. To access any point on the warm side, I'm pretty sure it's all of 652 in Louisa County, one way or another. Anyways, leme know, come next weekend, I WILL be ready:cool:

KHall
04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow, it was hot today. Went out and the PP said 68 water temp. We board shorted, though it was cold for me. think the cold water sucked up all my energy. still it was awesome to short it in the beginning of April.

engkid_486
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Went out and the PP said 68 water temp. We board shorted, though it was cold for me.

Whoa! Board shorted in 68 deg F = instant woman. I would have needed a few hot totties after that experience. So I guess that guy coaxed you into rocking the shorts. Was he still throwin down on the board at half popsickle status?

BriEOD
04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes, we rode into Annapolis for lunch today and the PP had the river at 67 degrees.

trunderw
04-08-2010, 11:49 PM
We'll be on the water Saturday and Sunday--probably near Duke's Creek and of course some snacks at the No Wake Zone. Sunday should be sweet at near 80. I grew up on the Nantahala so if we can get the water over 55 I'll be set.

TEAL98
04-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Damn, wish I was able to go, I pulled both plugs last night, disconnected the hoses, manifold plugs, and let all the water drain out. Before my next trip out, I've got to pull the gas tank and remove all the old gas, as well as re-installing a thermostat. Should be ready by the end of April if I've got enough time:(

TEAL98
04-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Waitin' on a thermostat to put in, the girlfriend's daughter was out with her friends (and their family) today at the state park, and she said the water was pretty warm, ALOT better than last weekend. So I guess I'll have to throw in the Tstat and head back out this upcoming Saturday and see what she brings! I'm tired of waiting to try out this wakeboard!!!!

smiller
04-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Was out this weekend. Put a Perfect Pass on the boat and had to try it out... best upgrade I have ever put on the boat. The North end of the lake is warming up. No wetsuit and just a slight chill when I first jumped in. Skiing in early April without a wetsuit. Gotta love it.

TEAL98
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I plan on going this weekend. I'll be out by the state park area if any of you guys plan on being out, leme know. Or just come by and give a honk... would like to get a pull behind my own boat. Just need someome competent enough to pull me:(

TEAL98
04-17-2010, 02:08 AM
You guys are bums... I'm getting ready to go to bed, so I can get up in 8 hours and be on the lake in 9. Will be out by Contrary Creek, probably hit up the state park area, and head over to Duke's Creek and see if anybody is stirring anything up on boards or skiis.

Hopefully I might see one of you fellow MC'ers.:cool:

Jerseydave
04-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I plan on going this weekend. I'll be out by the state park area if any of you guys plan on being out, leme know. Or just come by and give a honk... would like to get a pull behind my own boat. Just need someome competent enough to pull me:(

I'd drive for you alot if I were closer. I like Lake Anna too, hopefully I'll get down there sometime this summer. Any good place to stay (inn) near/on the lake?

Don't forget about the NJ MC owners meet-and-greet up here June 12-13. :D

TEAL98
04-17-2010, 01:17 PM
I'd drive for you alot if I were closer. I like Lake Anna too, hopefully I'll get down there sometime this summer. Any good place to stay (inn) near/on the lake?

Don't forget about the NJ MC owners meet-and-greet up here June 12-13. :D

You could always stay with my mother and step-father... just have to deal with her being a little bi-polar, and her husband drinking all day talking about nothing but fishing, hunting, and "grass":D

There is a place that's called the Lake Anna Inn or something like that, it's not even 1 minute from the main lake (and boat slip). That's the closest place I know that's not thaaaat bad. Should you decide to come down, send me a PM. Mom lives in a gated community, I can get you a pass to open the gate so you don't have to pay ramp fees, should you decide to trailer your boat down here. Mine pissed me off this morning:mad:

TEAL98
04-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, put the boat back in the water after missing a weekend, and the thing ran damn good! As soon as my friend, his "friend", and myself pulled out of the no-wake zone in Contrary Creek, my buddy wanted to try water-skiing. So instead of being selfish (and because I like to see others have fun as well), I obliged. Helped him put the skiis on, threw out the rope, and he gave me the go ahead. I assured him he wouldn't get up his first time out, and he didn't. I turn around to bring the rope around and he says "Hey, the handle broke off"...

So I pull the rope off and yep, broke clean off the rope. Luckily I had another one in the boat, so I hook it up, throw it out, and we try it again. He didn't get up, so I turn around to bring the rope around and he says "Hey that one broke too." This one just happened to break in half. My buddy is around 6' tall and 250lbs. The ropes are old, so I expected something to happen eventually, just sucks one broke right after the other. Anybody else hit the water today?

BriEOD
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Nope...we had a community clean up day. So, I was throwing mulch, fixing boards on our pier, trimming trees, removing leaves, etc, etc. The water looked inviting though.

TEAL98
04-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Nope...we had a community clean up day. So, I was throwing mulch, fixing boards on our pier, trimming trees, removing leaves, etc, etc. The water looked inviting though.

Right on man, the water out here was choppy, at best. Out on the main lake it was white-capping, just HORRIBLE! Down in the creek, it was alot better though. They were saying 50-60mph gusts yesterday

smiller
04-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I was out over the weekend on the North End of the lake. It was chilly, so I decided to do some work around the house instead. I was kind of hoping to put out the course on Sunday morning but with the wind and the cold.. no fun.

mayo93prostar
04-19-2010, 02:30 PM
it was a little chilly yesterday and I am still finishing up some things on the boat like oiling the teak and cleaning up battery mount. next is to put hoses back together and get her running. kids lacrosse is eating up most of the time now until end of May.

TEAL98
04-20-2010, 03:01 AM
I was out over the weekend on the North End of the lake. It was chilly, so I decided to do some work around the house instead. I was kind of hoping to put out the course on Sunday morning but with the wind and the cold.. no fun.

Yeah, up by the dam and Duke's Creek Marina, right? I ran over there but not for too long. Water is definately warming up tho, I can tell a difference every weekend I've been out!

it was a little chilly yesterday and I am still finishing up some things on the boat like oiling the teak and cleaning up battery mount. next is to put hoses back together and get her running. kids lacrosse is eating up most of the time now until end of May.

I need to oil my teak bad!!! I meant to do it over the winter, but other things just kept coming up on the weekends, that took up too much time.

OTOH - My buddy and I went out today, just the two of us, and I finally had enough, and just HAD to get in the water! I slowly slipped off the swim platform, got used to the cold 63 degree water (no wetsuit), slipped on a life jacket, and got up! On the initial run, it was doomed from the beginning, as I almost forgot how to ski:D Second pull I got up and got a few slices and dices through. Took about a 2 minute break and did it again. MAN IT FELT GOOD!!!!! I'll definately be out next Sunday, probably try to go out towards the Louisa side towards Christopher Run and over by the sand bar. We ventured over there today, and found some glass water! I was too sore by then, and didn't feel like trying to get used to the water again to slip back in, but that's definately going to be my stop next Sunday!

smiller
04-20-2010, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=TEAL98;673681]Yeah, up by the dam and Duke's Creek Marina, right? I ran over there but not for too long. Water is definately warming up tho, I can tell a difference every weekend I've been out!

I am up on the Pamunkey branch past Hunter's Landing and the No Wake Zone.

TEAL98
04-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I am up on the Pamunkey branch past Hunter's Landing and the No Wake Zone.

Yeah I know where you're at. I was over there on Saturday as well. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll most likely make a good pass over there on my through the state park. I found a pretty good area last time I went out, that I'm going to try and stick with, but not too sure how long it will last before getting torn up:rolleyes:

TEAL98
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Well, seeing as how the weather is going to be a little iffy on Sunday, I'm going to be out Saturday. Will probably run towards the Louisa County end of the lake, just past the Rt. 522 bridge towards the Sandbar. There was some glassy looking water over on Monday, and since we're still a good month out from Memorial Day Weekend, hopefully there won't be too many people tearing it up over there, just yet. Anybody gonna be out???

TEAL98
05-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I've gotten to the point no where I'm able to get up on the board, still working on switching positions, haven't tried jumping any wakes yet. I'm going to be out Sunday with the family, and see if I can't get any air without drinking water:D

Anybody else plan on being out on Sunday? At the Contrary Creek bridge last Saturday I saw a BEAUTIFUL X-series MC, all black with the red MasterCraft lettering. Wasn't able to stop and chat, as they were towing a boarder. Ah well, if anybody is out, leme know. I'll be happy to give a pull :)

Jerseydave
05-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Looks like we're coming down to the lake June 25-28. We have not been there in at least 10 years! Renting a house on the public side, south of the bridge near Lake Anna Marina. I can't wait!

Where are the smoothest places to ride/ski? (maps, pics are always helpful!) :D

-Dave

TEAL98
05-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I sent you a PM in a bit of a rush last night :D

Gimme a little while to get home, and I'll see if I can't find something for ya. I ride in Contrary Creek, which is right out of the no-wake zone from my mom's neighborhood. Over past Christopher Run campground (near the sandbar), is probably the best area, because of how long it is, but ya gotta hit it first thing in the morning for the glass:)

And SOMEBODY has gotta gimme some instruction on the wakeboard... Second weekend on the board and I'm ALMOST able to run momentum over the wake (and get decent air), but yet still can't seem to switch from heel-side to toe-side without having problems. Frustrating:mad: