PDA

View Full Version : X-45 Captain's Chair removal...

Hrkdrivr
11-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I have some water sloshing around in the seat pan of my captain's chair, after being caught in the rain.

I can't find a way to remove the seat from the tracks. The only option seems to be to crawl under the seat pedestal to unbolt the tracks.

After reading BrianM's discussion on adding heaters to his seat, I wonder, is there a way to (simply) remove the seat bottom from the frame, allowing me to wetvac/towel up the water?

Barring that, is there a way to get the seat off the tracks so I can drill holes in the bottom of the seat pan to allow the water to drain thru?

Thanks in advance!!!

TallRedRider
11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I will be very interested to see this. Might make replacing the seat easier with a rotating mount so you can spin around.

RoverGuy04
11-27-2009, 09:03 PM
There are 4 allen bolts with large washers both fore and aft that fasten the actual seat to the top rail. If you slide the seat all the way forward you will easily gain access to the front bolts; however, the rears are darn near impossible. Once you unbolt the front bolts you will be able to push the seat up and away from the top rail so you can remove the bolts that hold the lower seat rails to the fiberglass. With the seat all the way forward you should also be able to remove the rear bolts which hold the lower seat rails to the fiberglass. If you could just slide the seat off the rails without removing any bolts it would be too easy! :D

Hrkdrivr
11-28-2009, 09:56 PM
dang...i was afraid of that...

RoverGuy04
11-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Yea, the seat removal is a bit of a pain but once you see how it is installed there is no reason you shouldn't be able to have it removed from the boat within fifteen minutes or so. On reassembly I would recommend putting a dab of threadlock on each bolt. I frequently had issues with my seat mounting hardware vibrating loose. Best of luck.