PDA

View Full Version : this gasket look right to you?????

Mag_Red
11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm

Chicago190
11-21-2009, 03:19 PM
No, but it looks like it would work on the triangle part of the thermostat housing.

Mag_Red
11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
this part??? Doesn't look right to me

Chicago190
11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh, I didn't know MC changed thermostat housings. Here is the one that gasket would work with.

Mag_Red
11-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Actually that gasket I have doesn't line up with those bolt holes. You're freakin kidding me aren't you????? The damned thermostat isn't on the intake manifold????? where I showed in the pic??? No wonder why I thought there wasn't a thermostat on my engine......I took it apart where you see.......and I never saw a thermostat there ...so I assumed there wasn't one installed............the boat never got above 140 while running.

Chicago190
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Actually that gasket I have doesn't line up with those bolt holes. You're freakin kidding me aren't you????? The damned thermostat isn't on the intake manifold????? where I showed in the pic??? No wonder why I thought there wasn't a thermostat on my engine......I took it apart where you see.......and I never saw a thermostat there ...so I assumed there wasn't one installed............the boat never got above 140 while running.

Yeah, the thermostat goes under the triangular cover, not the intake manifold (assuming your 350 GM engine is designed similarly to mine).

Edit: Same mistake you made is discussed here: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33131

Mag_Red
11-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah, the thermostat goes under the triangular cover, not the intake manifold (assuming your 350 GM engine is designed similarly to mine).

Edit: Same mistake you made is discussed here: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33131Why the hell would they put the thermostat there?? :confused: Still got the wrong gasket though:mad:

Mag_Red
11-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Well this is interesting........................

I sent an e-mail to indmar asking where the thermostat is located on this engine. I attached a pic showing it on the intake manifold and asked if this was correct............he replies that is indeed the correct location. So why, after removing the housing where others say it is located. I find the old thermostat that I thought was missing?? Indmar says that is incorrect.......so why was it there???? I'm confused now

tex
11-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I got some 200mph duct tape I could send you!

Chicago190
11-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't want to tell anyone at Indmar they're wrong, but.....it definitely goes in the triangular housing where your thermostat is currently located. It may work if it is in the intake manifold, but as far as I know that is not where they are located when they leave the Indmar factory.

Mag_Red
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't want to tell anyone at Indmar they're wrong, but.....it definitely goes in the triangular housing where your thermostat is currently located. It may work if it is in the intake manifold, but as far as I know that is not where they are located when they leave the Indmar factory.Just weird I tell ya! I'll just leave things apart till next year.........important thing is she's full of Anti-freeze. All I need is the correct gasket for the current location