PDA

View Full Version : Speaker L.E.D. Light Rings

EarmarkMarine
11-17-2009, 04:40 PM
We've been making LED light rings for years. The light rings that fit the MasterCraft 7.7" speakers are $99 per pair and have 30 LEDs per ring and are frosted to make continuous light without any gaps.

Our continuous flexible LED strip mounts to the interior of the diffuser ring and has a single positive and negative lead which makes for a very clean installation.

Plus, we currently have light rings for just about every speaker out there and we custom build light rings for your special applications.

Here's a link to our online store and that particular light ring.

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/product.php?productid=16521&cat=265&page=1

Here's a similar ring for Polk speakers in Red LEDs.

http://www.earmarkmarine.com/set15-2/large/item-4/P0008824.jpg

We also specialize in underwater lighting and a number of other lighting products.

We've had 30 years of installation experience which translate to good technical support.

David
Earmark Marine
info@earmarkcaraudio.com

woftam
11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
You are late to the proceedings. Been discussed to death and at length very recently on this forum. Thatís a floating ticket machine, and for good reason. Then again, some prefer to pimp their wakeboats at the expense of reciprocating good nighttime navigational practices with their fellow boaters. Itís a product that belongs on private bodies of water, or parades, or maybe when sitting dockside, but not for use at night on public bodies of water.

Justjoe
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Oh stop it.

bbymgr
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
...........................:popcorn::popcorn:

flipper
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Give it a break.......nobody cares wof

woftam
11-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Give it a break.......nobody cares wof

You are wrong. There are a few of us who do. I'm willing to speak up regardless. ;)

Chicago190
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Has anyone seen my soap box? I think woftam might be using it to beat my dead horse.

btriantos
11-17-2009, 05:36 PM
We've been making LED light rings for years. The light rings that fit the MasterCraft 7.7" speakers are $99 per pair and have 30 LEDs per ring and are frosted to make continuous light without any gaps.

Our continuous flexible LED strip mounts to the interior of the diffuser ring and has a single positive and negative lead which makes for a very clean installation.

Plus, we currently have light rings for just about every speaker out there and we custom build light rings for your special applications.

We also specialize in underwater lighting and a number of other lighting products.

We've had 30 years of installation experience which translate to good technical support.

David
Earmark Marine
info@earmarkcaraudio.com

I am curious of your underwater lighting kits.

woftam
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Has anyone seen my soap box? I think woftam might be using it to beat my dead horse.

Iíd always ask before borrowing your soapbox, and for the record, Iíve never once hurt a horse.

This forum is excellent for getting sound advise on general boat maintenance, diagnosing engine problems, adding pop-up cleats, upholstery care, teak care, and more.

It doesnít seem logical for the collective group of forum members who provide all that sound advise to happily accept what amounts to free advertising for a pimp product, which if installed, will most likely be used in conflict with navigational light regs. I donít see where pretty lights trumps sound operational practices and Iím a bit surprised when some otherwise knowledgeable posters are dazzled by a hack product.

Many come to Team Talk for advise on a wide range of subjects. It would probably be good if they can learn about the legalities involved before they decide to spend their hard earned money on the product, or not.

bobx1
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
You are late to the proceedings. Been discussed to death and at length very recently on this forum. That’s a floating ticket machine, and for good reason. Then again, some prefer to pimp their wakeboats at the expense of reciprocating good nighttime navigational practices with their fellow boaters. It’s a product that belongs on private bodies of water, or parades, or maybe when sitting dockside, but not for use at night on public bodies of water.

#1 - No comment - I got spanked last time for asking a question.

#2 - According to "G" on wakeworld, here is $71,300 (before install) worth of pimp. Looks like he is cruising into a harbor so maybe it is OK to run with non-nav lights on - these are underwater lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1rQlx5Lt4&feature=related

You must admit, this is pretty cool looking.

Notice that one of the comments on the video concerns the well being of marine life with these lights on - maybe causes sea turtles to quit mating. :confused:

scott023
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Here we go again... for the undeniable record, no one prompted Wofty this time, right? No one egged him on?

I thought so. :D:D:D:

Sodar
11-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Here we do not go again.

Woftam was asked not to continue antagonizing and could not resist. He has been given one week of unpaid vacation.

Mod1

Justjoe
11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Hmmmmm......................

scott023
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Here we do not go again.

Woftam was asked not to continue antagonizing and could not resist. He has been given one week of unpaid vacation.

Mod1

Thank you...

TMCNo1
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
It's also time for Gorski to take one for the team too!

SkiDog
11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
You are late to the proceedings. Been discussed to death and at length very recently on this forum. Thatís a floating ticket machine, and for good reason. Then again, some prefer to pimp their wakeboats at the expense of reciprocating good nighttime navigational practices with their fellow boaters. Itís a product that belongs on private bodies of water, or parades, or maybe when sitting dockside, but not for use at night on public bodies of water.

You just need to run YOUR boat in the daytime and stop worrying about everybody else!

SkiDog
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Iíd always ask before borrowing your soapbox, and for the record, Iíve never once hurt a horse.

This forum is excellent for getting sound advise on general boat maintenance, diagnosing engine problems, adding pop-up cleats, upholstery care, teak care, and more.

It doesnít seem logical for the collective group of forum members who provide all that sound advise to happily accept what amounts to free advertising for a pimp product, which if installed, will most likely be used in conflict with navigational light regs. I donít see where pretty lights trumps sound operational practices and Iím a bit surprised when some otherwise knowledgeable posters are dazzled by a hack product.

Many come to Team Talk for advise on a wide range of subjects. It would probably be good if they can learn about the legalities involved before they decide to spend their hard earned money on the product, or not.

Just WHAT do you do for a living? You gotta be a democrap.:confused:

brucemac
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Those look great David. I shot you an email with a couple questions.

DemolitionMan
11-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Those do look good. May be a winter project.

medicmoose
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM

David
Earmark Marine
info@earmarkcaraudio.com

What was I thinking when I spent a good part of a Saturday putting up Christmas lights?? Looks like I could just go out and flip a switch on the boat! But, I better not lest someone should inadvertently mistake my driveway for a body of water and issue me a violation for projecting the wrong color of navigational lights...right Woftam?!?! 8p

Love the looks of that setup!

scott023
11-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Just WHAT do you do for a living? You gotta be a democrap.:confused:

Eddie, according to his profile he is a "stay at home dad". Nough said.

Wake2wake
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Eddie, according to his profile he is a "stay at home dad". Nough said.

hey now. when i was in college i asked my adviser what classes i should take to be a stay at home dad. she just looked at me for about a minute and asked me to leave her office.:D

scott023
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
hey now. when i was in college i asked my adviser what classes i should take to be a stay at home dad. she just looked at me for about a minute and asked me to leave her office.:D

Hey, no insults intended. He!!, if I had the opportunity to stay home and watch my kids grow up, I might take it. I may not last that long though, probably go stir crazy. :D:D:D

scott023
11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Maybe if I had more time at home I could read up on all the USCG rules and regs. Then I could come on here and sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Wait a minute. Would anybody listen??:D:D:D

Thrall
11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Hahahahaha!
I can't believe ***am can't leave this alone. What a tool!

Nice LED's. Too far down on my wish list right now unfortunately. They're after the heater, shower, another amp, 2nd battery setup and all of next year's wakeboarding and beer drinking!

Edit: Sorry, I guess the site picks up on w....t.....f. OOps.

TMCNo1
11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
And I thought all these illegal LED lights on boats was causing Global Warming the way I saw it.

UN: Fight climate change with free condoms

By MARIA CHENG, AP Medical Writer Maria Cheng, Ap Medical Writer Ė Wed Nov 18, 8:21 am ET
LONDON Ė The battle against global warming could be helped if the world slowed population growth by making free condoms and family planning advice more widely available, the U.N. Population Fund said Wednesday.
The agency did not recommend countries set limits on how many children people should have, but said: "Women with access to reproductive health services ... have lower fertility rates that contribute to slower growth in greenhouse gas emissions."
"As the growth of population, economies and consumption outpaces the Earth's capacity to adjust, climate change could become much more extreme and conceivably catastrophic," the report said.
The world's population will likely rise from the current 6.7 billion to 9.2 billion in 2050, with most of the growth in less developed regions, according to a 2006 report by the United Nations.
The U.N. Population Fund acknowledged it had no proof of the effect that population control would have on climate change. "The linkages between population and climate change are in most cases complex and indirect," the report said.

EarmarkMarine
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
In an attempt to placate everyone I hope this is an improvement:

Hopefully this will conform to Coast Guard standards and its kinda Christmasish too!

David
Earmark Marine

SkiDog
11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Pink and green, i dunno. Give you an 'A' for effort though!

scott023
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Pink and green, i dunno. Give you an 'A' for effort though!

You color blind Eddie? That's red. ;)

Hammer
11-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I can't help but to laugh at this thread (not the product). Quite entertaining!

SkiDog
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
You color blind Eddie? That's red. ;)

The BOAT be red, the LIGHTS be pink!:D

scott023
11-19-2009, 11:21 AM

the lights just look pink because the boat is a dark cranberry... :D:D:D

TMCNo1
11-19-2009, 01:12 PM

You want pink, you should see the stuff, my underwear, car towels, white sweat shirts, bath towels and wash clothes that just came out of the dryer after I washed a pair of red and blue plaid sleep pants that bleed all over everything. It's a beautiful thing and would go great with those boat lights.

j4rowell
04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I ran those style LED strips underneath my seats in my x2. Have to say it was extremely easy and they look great!

Jimmy what do you charge for the speaker rings?

Double D
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Thank you for your interest, but very very sorry, we do not do retail sale, our MOQ. is 100pcs.

So I need 6 (Blue). My brother needs 6 (Orange). Thats 12. Anyone else want to join up? We only need 88 more.. :D:D BUMMER!!!

EarmarkMarine
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
No worries. Those light rings are an exact copy of the ones that we designed and built. In fact, the dimensions where borrowed directly off our site. Those are the models listed as our economy light rings.

David
www.earmarkmarine.com

tr6coug
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
No worries. Those light rings are an exact copy of the ones that we designed and built. In fact, the dimensions where borrowed directly off our site. Those are the models listed as our economy light rings.

David
www.earmarkmarine.com

Unfortunately, this is pretty typical for someone in China :mad:. I encourage anyone wanting light rings to BUY AMERICAN!

Double D
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM

David
www.earmarkmarine.com

They are all nice products. I just cant get past the costs.... What is your sell price for (1) pair of blue rings for a Polk DB650?

j4rowell
04-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, this is pretty typical for someone in China :mad:. I encourage anyone wanting light rings to BUY AMERICAN!

I hope your kidding...

You realize the majority of the generic products out there were benchmarked off of the original company right? Computers, phones, tablets, ect... If this was a patented product I would support your frustration. It's fiberglass resin and led lights.

You should be supporting David's customer service because that is his core competency; not his product.

We live in a global economy where if someone can do it cheaper, faster, and more effecient you'd be an idiot not to buy from them. NAFTA, CAFTA, the EU, and all the other trade unions out there support this process.

chawk610
04-21-2011, 03:38 PM
www.led-manufacture.com

I am wanting to get those for under my rails... are they hard to hook up? I wanted to run them to the switch that turns the stern anchor light on...

EarmarkMarine
04-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Double D,
All that info is on our site store or you can contact me privately.
david@earmarkcaraudio.com
David
Earmark Marine

Double D
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Double D,
All that info is on our site store or you can contact me privately.
david@earmarkcaraudio.com
David
Earmark Marine

I didn't see what I was looking for on the site, or it was hard to find...

I will e-mail you.

FourFourty
04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
We live in a global economy where if someone can do it cheaper, faster, and more effecient you'd be an idiot not to buy from them. NAFTA, CAFTA, the EU, and all the other trade unions out there support this process.

I hope you're kidding.....

j4rowell
04-23-2011, 10:08 AM
I hope you're kidding.....

If you're pointing out in incorrect use of the word idiot I support that. There are more fitting words but I'll just replace idiot with the phrase "someone who does not make intellegent decisions."

willyt
04-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Whatever your views on free trade... I think this amounts to some unsolicited advertising...

jdhart73
04-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Me think you take this infomercial somewhere else billy Mayes......

willyt
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Jimmy. you can't advertise here, specially for products that arent related to Boats/mastercraft at all.

Me thinks you will be banned by the mods soon bill mayes

Double D
04-25-2011, 11:03 AM
WOW!! Banned and all posts removed... Bye Bye Jimmy!! :)