PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagrams

venetrex
11-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I have a 2007 X-2 and am wondering if I can get the wiring diagrams. I am having a depth finder issue. I also want to add heated seats using the stock switch that is already installed. I also want to add dual batteries. There are 4 power cables going to the terminals. I am hoping the feed from the alternator is one of those. I am also thinking of relocating both batteries, once installed, to the rear tucked away near the ballast pimps, the stock location is pretty dumb.

MYMC
11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
http://207.170.215.108/awweblive/awwebstore/onlinedoc/PartNumbersAndProductSupport/Wiring/07WIRINGDIAGRAMS/Main%20Page.pdf

If the link doesn't work let me know...

JimN
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
I have a 2007 X-2 and am wondering if I can get the wiring diagrams. I am having a depth finder issue. I also want to add heated seats using the stock switch that is already installed. I also want to add dual batteries. There are 4 power cables going to the terminals. I am hoping the feed from the alternator is one of those. I am also thinking of relocating both batteries, once installed, to the rear tucked away near the ballast pimps, the stock location is pretty dumb.

Your boat came with pimps?

If you relocate the battery and add another, you need to make sure the cable is the correct gauge and that it won't cause voltage drops. The alternator has a charging lead that goes to the battery and all of the wires to the dash come from the battery.

Thrall
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
MYMC, that's awesome! (Even though it doesn't do justice to the rats nest of wiring at the battery/stereo!) Not that it's that much different, but could you please post up the 06 link?

I'd leave the batteries where they are, though. Alot of expensive wire to put them in the back of the boat, since most of the big electronics stuff is under the observer seat (amp(s)) and dash (ballast switches, blowers, bilge pumps, heater, etc).
If you do it, I'd run one set of leads off the batteries, big ones, to distribution blocks where the batteries currently are, then all the big leads to the amp(s) and power center under the dash are coming from the nearest (factory) location.

MYMC
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
MYMC, that's awesome! (Even though it doesn't do justice to the rats nest of wiring at the battery/stereo!) Not that it's that much different, but could you please post up the 06 link?
Anything I can do to help...unfortunately I don't have the 2006 stuff. 2007 and 2005 but no 2006.:confused:

venetrex
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
That is the best answer to a question I have ever got on this forum, THANK YOU. My plan is to put two distribution blocks tucked away where my stock battery is and run 2/0 gauge copper wire from there to the back. I think I am going to use the blue seas add a battery for my application, but really like the stock dual battery setup on my friends 09 X-2. Any ideas on how much that is and if it is available or worth it? I'll be doing a few electrical upgrades in the amp department for the stereo. Pesently I have one 6 channel amp. I want to add a seaparate sub amp and maybe 2 high powered mono-block amps for the tower speakers running 2 ohm load. like a 2 jl audio 300/1. That would be really clean power for up there. I want to hear the music when I am air chairing back there.