PDA

View Full Version : Because of you guys, I LOVE my MC!

TEAL98
11-14-2009, 10:07 PM
I love my MasterCraft ProStar!:D I have contemplated selling her come spring over the last few weeks, because of the little things that have ticked me off during the winterization process. Plastic plugs in the exhaust manifolds and having to tap those out to re-install brass plugs. There have been other things that are common on all Gen I SBC but I've been able to correct those on my own, that I never posted about. Point is, its YOU GUYS, such as Harold, Jim, Chicago, EastTxSkiier, and others that have helped me along in this process of winterization and before, that make me love my boat even more! You guys are the reason why when you buy a MC boat, it just goes to show that no other boat will do (has been said many times over by newbies such as myself). Every time I go over to my friend's house, I look at her sitting pretty on the trailer, and fall in love all over again.

Now that I'm done with EVERYTHING as far as winterizing goes, tomorrow I'm pulling her out and giving her the full treatment. Meguiar's wash down, 2 coats of the mirror glaze, 303 on the upholstery, windex on my glass, wax on the face of the engine pullies, pulling the battery, and finally covering her back up before I back it into her new home for the winter. Just wanted to tell you guys thanks, and I hope to enjoy my boat and become more educated on it, for years to come!

~Jon:)

Jerseydave
11-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear your keeping her! The people on this site have been very helpful to me as well.

I see on your signature you have a boom........are you a barefooter? If so, very cool! :cool:

bigmac
11-15-2009, 09:35 AM
And yet....MasterCraft corporate has been on the verge of pulling the plug on this discussion forum at least twice that I can remember...

Not sure how they feel today, but in MasterCraft's customer-service wisdom, there certainly have been times where they clearly thought this site was more trouble than it was worth.

h2oskifreak
11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
And yet....MasterCraft corporate has been on the verge of pulling the plug on this discussion forum at least twice that I can remember...

Not sure how they feel today, but in MasterCraft's customer-service wisdom, there certainly have been times where they clearly thought this site was more trouble than it was worth.

I don't understand that at all. If I am a Mfg., I would think that any discussion about my product is good. Unless you knew you produced something that was bad, and we all know it's a superior product, so discussion can only help them sell more.

TMCNo1
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
It's nice to know that we all have been able to help and have a fellow MasterCraft family member happy with their treasure.
Any time you need help, we'll all do our best to get/keep you on track, cause you'll be one of those in the near future who helps someone else and the circle is complete. Just pay it forward!

JohnE
11-15-2009, 11:10 AM

I agree, I think corporate thinks this site is more trouble than it is worth. And they'd pull it except for the fallout and the threat of a private party starting a mc forum. With that said I think it is a huge benefit to them that they just don't realize.

bigmac
11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree, I think corporate thinks this site is more trouble than it is worth. And they'd pull it except for the fallout and the threat of a private party starting a mc forum. With that said I think it is a huge benefit to them that they just don't realize.

I don't know if they're afraid of it or not, but they're right...several people here, me included, would start up a MasterCraft discussion forum in a heartbeat if they pulled the plug on this site.

cmw
11-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I think I can honestly say, I will always own a Mastercraft. That would not be the case if not for everyone's help on the site. With the right information, most things can be done pretty easily. Our family loves the old boat so much, I plan to give it to the kids one day and buy myself a "New" one. My wife wants a V-drive. Maybe boating and maintaining a boat would have been to much of a PITA without this site. I had questions about the boat, the ramp, you name it. They were all answered in good fun or asked by folks before me. Thanks MasterCraft for the site and thanks guys for the info and laughs.

TTAdmin
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
This is the best manufacturer forum in the marine industry...and all of that credit goes to the members here that share information and make this a great place for everyone-

The plug will NEVER be pulled under my watch, in fact TT needs to be elevated even more!

Thanks again guys for all of your valuable time and effort spent on the forum-

Phil
TTAdmin

bigmac
11-16-2009, 03:47 PM
This is the best manufacturer forum in the marine industry...and all of that credit goes to the members here that share information and make this a great place for everyone-

The plug will NEVER be pulled under my watch, in fact TT needs to be elevated even more!

Phil
TTAdmin

Good to know, Phil.

DooSPX
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Very good to know! thank you Phil!

LaRue
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
i would only echo what has already been stated. Being a new owner myself, i found this site to be nothing but helpful and insightful. I appreciate the fraternity spirit, that we are in this together as we care for, maintain, upgrade and find satisfaction as we invest, not so much in a boat, but in memories. In my short time, this site only makes my purchase more worthwhile and, if i may say, wiser. Thanks everyone!

canadianskier
11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing but LaRue just beat me to print

canadianskier
11-16-2009, 06:36 PM
everyone here is great

TMCNo1
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Phil
TTAdmin

When you get ready to elevate it, let us know and we'll push the buttons to help go to the next floor.
Thanks for the support.

Muttley
11-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Ditto.

When I bought the boat, I wasn't sure which of "The Big Three" I wanted. Now I can't see myself owning anything else.

mbpd312
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
It's nice to know that we all have been able to help and have a fellow MasterCraft family member happy with their treasure.
Any time you need help, we'll all do our best to get/keep you on track, cause you'll be one of those in the near future who helps someone else and the circle is complete. Just pay it forward!

TMCNo1, you could help me out by swinging by and doing my teak for me.....

nitro5238
11-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks Phil. The info I have gained from this site has been invaluable for me and I would imagine many, many others. No other brand in any catagory can come as close with pride and ownership as I have seen in Mastercraft owners. I have two Harley Davidsons in my garage and I "Thought " that shining them up would take the cake, but that old Prostar of mine out in the sun.......well you guys know what I mean. Hate to see her all lonely now this time of year. Took it out for one last spin last Friday and now all winterized.

TMCNo1
11-17-2009, 01:29 PM
TMCNo1, you could help me out by swinging by and doing my teak for me.....

Teak was covered on the basement floor and now we're on to the upper floors on stuff like synthetic vs dino oil, trailer tires and water based vs silicone personal lubes!

cmw
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks Phil. The info I have gained from this site has been invaluable for me and I would imagine many, many others. No other brand in any catagory can come as close with pride and ownership as I have seen in Mastercraft owners. I have two Harley Davidsons in my garage and I "Thought " that shining them up would take the cake, but that old Prostar of mine out in the sun.......well you guys know what I mean. Hate to see her all lonely now this time of year. Took it out for one last spin last Friday and now all winterized.

I live in Marietta and I am still holding out on winterizing. I usually end up doing it one night after work in the dark when a cold front is coming. My wife has me redoing the bathrooms down to the studs. I need an excuse to take break, so I tell her how I need to run fuel stabilizer through the lines and lube the muffler bearings. It buys me some R+R on the boat.:D

Dawg
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't tell you of all the heartache I've been spared by the knowledge gained from this site. Anytime there is something to do on the boat I always come here first... even if I think I can do it w/no problem. Most of the time there is that "littlle something" that I would have overlooked. I once read, "If you need a mechanic... don't go to the Dentist Office. This is the place to be. Information brings knowledge...knowledge brings power.

WAProstar
11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Just to echo what others have already said, this site has been invaluable to me and has reinforced my decision to buy a Mastercraft. I research everything here prior to actually fixing anything and find the experience and insights always very useful. I am sure this site has saved me many hours and lots of frustration.

atlfootr
11-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Any time you need help, we'll all do our best to get/keep you on track, cause you'll be one of those in the near future who helps someone else and the circle is complete.

Just pay it forward!That's the best thing, he's ever said :D

jdean
11-19-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm a 20-year MC owner (2 boats over the decades). I do all my own maintenance. My first boat '86 PS w/ 351 had 1600 hrs on it before I traded up (2 yrs ago) to a well cared for '92 with better cup holders, wake and interior. I've skied/driven many other boats over the years and wouldn't trade my MC for any of them.

I can't say enough about how helpful this forum is for me and others. Several ski buddies have other brands of boats and they have nothing that compares to TT to answer their questions. Great to hear from Phil that MC values this too. This community has the answers and cares to share.

I am very certain TT helps many, many MCs run longer and better (even safer) and helps overall brand image.

JLMax16
08-14-2013, 01:23 PM
My perko failed also. Thankfully I have an auto bilge pump that started throwing water out of the boat, we were at a sandbar and never would have noticed, until we went to leave hours later. Here's what I used to keep my boat afloat and get back to the dock... The 1/4 turn valve from my beer bong! BOOM!

thatsmrmastercraft
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
My perko failed also. Thankfully I have an auto bilge pump that started throwing water out of the boat, we were at a sandbar and never would have noticed, until we went to leave hours later. Here's what I used to keep my boat afloat and get back to the dock... The 1/4 turn valve from my beer bong! BOOM!

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

CantRepeat
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
That brings up a good point. Should probably add a couple of extra hose clamps and piece of 1.25 in PVC pipe.

Brandon
08-20-2013, 03:46 PM
The information that I got from this site helped me make the decision to buy a MC X10 -so much good info on here.