PDA

View Full Version : Ford Truck Question

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 10:38 PM
:rant: How do you turn the cargo light off??!!!???!!! I have no idea how it got turned on but I can not find a switch that turns it off! Looked all through the owners manual and not even a mention of this light! :rant: At least the Chevy has a clearly marked switch and a few sentences in the manual :mad:

milkmania
06-09-2005, 11:00 PM
to restore factory setting, follow these steps

1)turn on the left turn signal
2)step on the brake pedal
3)rotate the dimmer switch all the way to the right and turn on the hazard lights before releasing the brake pedal
4)then turn on the right turn signal...

all with 3 seconds or you have to start over

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:02 PM
to restore factory setting, follow these steps

1)turn on the left turn signal
2)step on the brake pedal
3)rotate the dimmer switch all the way to the right and turn on the hazard lights before releasing the brake pedal
4)then turn on the right turn signal...

all with 3 seconds or you have to start over :uglyhamme Very funny! :purplaugh

milkmania
if it didn't work......
you missed a step somewhere8p

rodltg2
use the dimmer switch, it should toggle between the interior light and cargo light .

LakePirate
06-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Big Bad Bowtie. Should have stuck with a chevy :D

ski_king
06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
On my 97 F-150, the cago light comes on with the dome light. I cant turn cargo on by itself.

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
use the dimmer switch, it should toggle between the interior light and cargo light .Let's see if I roll it upwards, the interior lights stay on. If I roll it downward, the panel lights dim. There is not click when you roll it in this direction. By the way........the light is now off :confused:

erkoehler
06-09-2005, 11:07 PM
something is wrong with the ford already!!!!!????

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Big Bad Bowtie. Should have stuck with a chevy as a matter of fact I still have the Silverado 8p which is in the shop getting some new front wheel bearings.........which is costing me $500 per side :eek: Seems they are a sealed unit that is also part of the hub assembly :mad: This is three weeks after the parking brake cable locked up :rolleyes:

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:08 PM
something is wrong with the ford already!!!!!????
Nothing wrong ......just can't figure it out :D

LakePirate
06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I have already replaced my parking break twice on my 02 avalanche. They have a problem with that, I guess you are not supposed to use it. That sucks about the bearings but it's got lots of miles on it. :steering:

milkmania
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
as a matter of fact I still have the Silverado 8p which is in the shop getting some new front wheel bearings.........which is costing me $500 per side :eek: Seems they are a sealed unit that is also part of the hub assembly :mad: This is three weeks after the parking brake cable locked up :rolleyes:

yeah, yeah, yeah......

but I bet you know how to operate THAT cargo light!

milkmania
06-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Let's see if I roll it upwards, the interior lights stay on. If I roll it downward, the panel lights dim. There is not click when you roll it in this direction. By the way........the light is now off :confused:

kinda like that danged refrigerator light

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah, yeah, yeah......

but I bet you know how to operate THAT cargo light! It's about the only thing that is working on the Chevy right now 8p All in all.........120,000 miles on a set of bearings ain't bad. The factory brakes lasted 115,000 miles and the cable about 118,000 :steering:

milkmania
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM
my 93 K2500 surburban is up to over 236,000

Mag_Red
06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
my 93 K2500 surburban is up to over 236,000 :cool: What have you replaced on it so far????

LakePirate
06-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Tires and oil filters :D

milkmania
06-09-2005, 11:25 PM
rebuilt engine at 196,000
rebuilt T-Case at 213,000
battery about 5 years ago
I re worked the exhaust a couple of months ago... nothing wrong with old exhaust, just wanted more rumble ie: single in duel out and tailpipes
no front end parts ever
or transmission 4L80E

I thnk at one time I put an alternator on it....don't remember

*edit:
yes, the typical wear items like tires and brakes...
but my Michelin LTX's lasted me 6 years

Leroy
06-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Everything is so hard to figure out!

MarkP
06-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Mag

My cargo light comes on with the interior lights and I do have a click when I roll my switch all of the way up then they both come on. But my truck is a 94. Is it possible with the newer trucks the cargo lights come on when the tail gate is opened and yours is not shut all of the way??

Workin' 4 Toys
06-10-2005, 08:55 AM
My cargo light is on a timer. I think it stays on for 1 minute or so after the last door is closed. I think it is programmable just like the headlights security feature. It is described in the owners manual.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Do you have a remote control for the locks? Try this. Open the drivers door then close it. Then push the "LOCK" button on the remote "TWICE" see fit that works.

Ric
06-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Do you have a remote control for the locks? Try this. Open the drivers door then close it. Then push the "LOCK" button on the remote "TWICE" see fit that works.
Mag, simply jack up the radiator cap and drive a new truck under it.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I wasn't being sarcastic at all, sorry if it read that way. I am serious.

Ric
06-10-2005, 10:22 AM
no no, I just quoted you so I could add an attachment
and yes, I was being sarcastic, I cannot help it

lakes Rick
06-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Everything is so hard to figure out!

Leroy, we have the same VCR.... I think it blinks like that to let you know its working.....

Mag, there is a recall on rear brake springs 99-04 chev trucks.. Read about it in Consumer reports.. I took in my PEWTER 01, and mine did not have the problem.. Maybe your problem???

PS, your slimmies have any sisters?????

lakes Rick
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Mag

My cargo light comes on with the interior lights and I do have a click when I roll my switch all of the way up then they both come on. But my truck is a 94. Is it possible with the newer trucks the cargo lights come on when the tail gate is opened and yours is not shut all of the way??

Gosh darn, my Chev has a button.. Push for on, push for off... I wish they wouldn't make it that simple.......

Leroy
06-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm in a different rental car every other week and I'm amazed at how hard they make some things.

These buttons and functions are designed by experts in the field, go through user studies, have been refined over 100 years, they have the entire global automotive industry to benchmark against, and this is the best we can get!

JEREMY79
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
You should work on them. Sometimes I have to rewire some of that stuff :rant:
:mad:

Mag_Red
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Went to the Ford dealer and asked them. Like some one said......roll the dimmer switch all the way up and dome lights + cargo light comes on. I think what I noticed, for the first time last night, was the cargo lights come on, for a predetemined time, after you lock the truck. Last night was the first time I noticed that, and was too impatient to wait till they went out :D

Workin' 4 Toys
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Went to the Ford dealer and asked them. Like some one said......roll the dimmer switch all the way up and dome lights + cargo light comes on. I think what I noticed, for the first time last night, was the cargo lights come on, for a predetemined time, after you lock the truck. Last night was the first time I noticed that, and was too impatient to wait till they went out :D

If you push the lock button twice after the door is closed, it goes "OFF" with the second push.

Mag_Red
06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
If you push the lock button twice after the door is closed, it goes "OFF" with the second push. :wavey: Good to know........I'll try that next time. :toast:

BriEOD
08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Why a Ford? Because half a million other people think it's the best too.

. . . So Far

The Ford F-Series has been the best-selling vehicle in America for 22 years, and continues this success in the first half of 2005.
Click to enlarge

by the Editors of MSN Autos

Trucks continue to dominate U.S. vehicle sales in the first half of 2005.

Full-size pickup trucks continue to be the most popular vehicles with American buyers. Sales for the first half of calendar 2005 show the Ford F-Series and Chevrolet Silverado as the top two sellers in the country, with the Dodge Ram coming in fourth, according to sales information published by the Automotive News Data Center.
The F-Series has been the best-selling vehicle in America for 22 years, and the truck had its best sales year ever in 2004 with 939,511 units sold. In the last six months, 407,754 units of Ford's full-size pickup have been sold.

However, after recording impressive sales numbers in June, the Chevrolet Silverado is hot on the heels of the F-Series, with 384,228 units sold. This is largely due to GM's "Employee Discount" promotion—making the employee discount on almost all GM vehicles available to the general public. In June, Silverado was the top-selling vehicle in America, outselling the F-Series by more than 37,000 units.

The Employee Discount promotion boosted sales for GM by 46.9 percent in June, and the company is extending this deal through the end of July. Not to be outdone, Ford and Chrysler have joined in with their own versions of an employee discount promotion.

djhuff
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I think when the cargo light stays on it means you are low on blinker fluid. ;)

6ballsisall
08-02-2005, 12:21 PM
I think when the cargo light stays on it means you are low on blinker fluid. ;)

Are you sure, I could a swore I read something about the muffler bearings being bad.

I had a friend that had a similar problem with his 71 VW Bug, it kept overheating until he checked the fan belt :uglyhamme