PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for supporting Veterans

Chief
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks to all of the people who support the Veterans: Not too long ago veterans returning from combat were spit on at airports, protested against, denied employment etc etc.

My father did three tours in Vietnam and every time he returned he was accosted from the time he set foot back on American soil.

I am glad that our country has learned from the past and supports the troops. As a Vet myself when I'm told "thanks from my service" I quickly return the thanks for their support.

So to the thread "Thank you Veterans" I say thanks for your support!

May the best democracy in the world never waiver! God Bless the USA!

Skipper
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, your support is appreciated. Thank you.

JimN
11-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks to all of the people who support the Veterans: Not too long ago veterans returning from combat were spit on at airports, protested against, denied employment etc etc.

My father did three tours in Vietnam and every time he returned he was accosted from the time he set foot back on American soil.

I am glad that our country has learned from the past and supports the troops. As a Vet myself when I'm told "thanks from my service" I quickly return the thanks for their support.

So to the thread "Thank you Veterans" I say thanks for your support!

May the best democracy in the world never waiver! God Bless the USA!

Thanks again for your service.

It's too bad the media turned the tide against the Viet Nam War but the worst thing was how the college students and hippies turned it into the soldiers' fault. They couldn't have been more wrong and a lot of people became lost causes because of how they were treated.

Was your Dad Army? I knew someone who was there for the Tet Offensive. I also knew one of the first to go, in about '62. He was considered "an advisor" at the time.

trickskier
11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for your service..............I am proud to call you my friend!!! :D

coz
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
You guys are the heros.

Chief
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks again for your service.

It's too bad the media turned the tide against the Viet Nam War but the worst thing was how the college students and hippies turned it into the soldiers' fault. They couldn't have been more wrong and a lot of people became lost causes because of how they were treated.

Was your Dad Army? I knew someone who was there for the Tet Offensive. I also knew one of the first to go, in about '62. He was considered "an advisor" at the time.

Pops was a Grunt. Not sure which offensive's he was associated with, he don't talk too much about that time. He was with Second LT John Bobo(Medal of Honor Recipient posthumously ) when he was killed and that's about all I get from him except for his arrival home.

http://www.msc.navy.mil/mpsone/bobo.htm

BriEOD
11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Well said Wade. I echo your comments.

KnoxX2
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Wade............... Very well put into words!!!

Thank you all who support veterans, and thank you to my brothers and sisters who serve!

SkiDog
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I heard a GREAT story on JohnBoy & Billy this morning from a MAN that was a resident at the 'Hanoi Hilton' for 6 years! he had been awarded the Medal Of Honor for a few of his heroic deeds before he was captured. He said the first 3 years were the toughest. Was a roomie with John McCain for a while. listening to him talk brought tears to my eyes!