PDA

View Full Version : Need 205V Trailer

deployedjosh
11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, after 3 summers in brackish water, it's time for a new trailer. Anyone know of a used 205V trailer out there for my 1999 X-Star?

Or, does anyone have info on an aluminum trailer? I've only seen a couple for inboards, (Phoenix Trailers comes to mind) but would like the option. I saw an X-Star on a Phoenix that look great. I know there's got to be some galvanized pieces in addition to the aluminum I beams, but how do they hold up, pull, etc?

I'd rather not have to deal with the $$$ for a new Boatmate/MC/Other painted steel trailer that will corrode away in a few years. From what I'm guessing this option will run about $4k, aluminum custom will run about $3k, but I'm not sure.

I've got a call in to BAWS for some help. Any other recommendations?

I've also looked into Rancho Marine Recycling out of CA, but didn't see what I need at this time.

Ideally, I'd love to find a used, surface rust only MC trailer for $2k or less somewhere in the Southeast...

bcampbe7
11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Not sure if this one will work, but...

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=2843&cat=4

BriEOD
11-11-2009, 12:17 PM
You could get a galvanized X-1 trailer and be done with it. I'd guess in the $3k-4k range new.

mayo93prostar
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
I recommend getting a galvanized trailer and I think this would be cheaper than aluminum plus you can get a MC trailer. I have the original galvanized MC trailer under my 93 prostar and it is still in really good condition. However, I rinse the brakes and wheels off every time I dip it in the brackish water around me.

Jim@BAWS
11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Not sure if this one will work, but...

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=2843&cat=4

It will not work. X-1 has FINS

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
11-11-2009, 04:26 PM
The Trailer under this 2009 X-1 is available
2007 X-1 GALVINIZED NEVER TITLED

Jim@BAWS (813) 996 2297

jim.baws@verizon.net

deployedjosh
11-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the help so far. I'm glad to hear that a galvanized trailer can hold up so well. I took excellent care of my painted one by rinsing it with fresh water after each launch/load, but it just fell apart. Unfortunately, this is just 3 months after rewiring the whole thing with new LED's.:mad:

So far, here's what I've figured out:

Galvanized SA MC option:
- Perfect fit
- Will hold up well
- Costs more than aluminum, but cheaper than painted steel
- Most unattractive look in my opinion

Aluminum TA option:
- Fit will be ok after adjustments, or so I am told by the builders
- Will have to get a custom prop guard 'cage' added on (this can be fabbed from steel and bolted onto the rear part of the I beams)
- Cheapest option, even with the extra axle and custom 'cage'
- Looks are better than the galvanized from what I've seen

Painted SA MC option:
- Perfect fit
- Will last about 5 years max
- Most expensive option
- Best looking trailer by far

I guess it's a good thing that the water's chilly now. I can save up over the winter and figure out what to do...

cbryan70
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
prestige make nice trailers.....look at phoenix as well...good company with good people and less cost then prestige

Jim@BAWS
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the help so far. I'm glad to hear that a galvanized trailer can hold up so well. I took excellent care of my painted one by rinsing it with fresh water after each launch/load, but it just fell apart. Unfortunately, this is just 3 months after rewiring the whole thing with new LED's.:mad:

So far, here's what I've figured out:

Galvanized SA MC option:
- Perfect fit
- Will hold up well
- Costs more than aluminum, but cheaper than painted steel
- Most unattractive look in my opinion

Aluminum TA option:
- Fit will be ok after adjustments, or so I am told by the builders
- Will have to get a custom prop guard 'cage' added on (this can be fabbed from steel and bolted onto the rear part of the I beams)
- Cheapest option, even with the extra axle and custom 'cage'
- Looks are better than the galvanized from what I've seen

Painted SA MC option:
- Perfect fit
- Will last about 5 years max
- Most expensive option
- Best looking trailer by far

I guess it's a good thing that the water's chilly now. I can save up over the winter and figure out what to do...

There is a 4th option 100% CUSTOM welded aluminum Designed from a X-1 Trailer
Brakes and swing away tongue

I can get you a price ASAP

Call me so I can explain...you know the #

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Josh

Hague Palmer is here today w/ his X-1. Will get some photos of the welded aluminum trailer
that he has. The GALV trailer SOLD this AM to BRIeod. Delivery to him in Late DEC

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Here are photos of the custom welded Aluminum trailer that we can get
We can add a SWIVEL tongue if needed

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Sodar
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Function over beauty is one thing, but the i-beam aluminums leave so much to be desired. I have always loved the looks of an aluminum MYCO or even the new Pacifics are pretty.

http://imageserv3.team-logic.com/page/159/252/IMG_1920_1.JPG

Kingsley X-1
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
yea Cam Mycos are the shizz nizzel.

i have been real happy with my welded alum that is in the above pictures from BAWS. i have had it for two years and used it in brackish water numerous times. the only visible signs of age is the algae that is growing up by the bow where the water doesnt drain off. which i am headed out right now to go and clean. my trailer was cheaper than the MC trailer and it is going to last 10 times as long...i dont see why anyone would buy a steel trailer honestly

By the way Jim thanks for blurring out my license number on those pictures. if anyone else wants my social security number i will be more than happy to give it to them:rolleyes:

Kingsley X-1
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
believe it or not you can pull this 15,000lb rig at 90mph and not worry about a thing. even stopping is extremely fast with breaks on all axles.

Jim@BAWS
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Kingsley X-1;643764
By the way Jim thanks for blurring out my license number on those pictures. if anyone else wants my social security number i will be more than happy to give it to them:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I already have it...did you forget it already!!! Thanks for the Larry's Cuban HA HA HA

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
11-12-2009, 06:22 PM
The GALV trailer SOLD this AM to BRIeod. Delivery to him in Late DEC

Thanks

Jim@BAWS[/QUOTE]

I'd head down and bring that trailer back up for BRIeod.........you pay gas, hotel and food! :D

BriEOD
11-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I'd head down and bring that trailer back up for BRIeod.........you pay gas, hotel and food! :D

Doubt you'll get him to do that! The stars just aligned well for this one. Jim was going to personally deliver a new steering cable and talked me into a deal I couldn't refuse on the trailer. Jim the consummate salesman! Glad your coming up this way for X-mas don't forget Tricky's hat and some of Eddie's mustache wax. :D

Jerseydave
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
"Eddie's mustache wax"

I'm not even going to ask.........

BriEOD
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Jim likes it as a condiment on his cuban from Larry's Deli! :D LMFAO!!

deployedjosh
11-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks to all for the info.

Jim, I gotta tell you. If I am ever in a position to buy a new boat, you'll be the first one I call. Your contributions to this board are amazing. I'll be calling you soon to discuss my options.

BriEOD, I thought you were in the trailer market a while back when you got that new boat. Hope the galvalnized trailer works out well for you.

I'm not sure how to post a pic, but after scrounging the web, I found this picture of an X-2 on a Phoenix trailer. Very nice looking setup.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/655297.html

rholmes
11-13-2009, 08:52 AM
BriEOD, did you ever look at this one? Any idea what kind of shape it was in?

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3144&cat=14

BriEOD
11-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Nope, never did. No need for a painted trailer. I'm in brackish and tired of spending 20 minutes after every use flushing my trailer.

SaltwaterMC
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Josh,

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thanks.

-Josh (BAWS)

Jim@BAWS
11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
BriEOD, did you ever look at this one? Any idea what kind of shape it was in?

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3144&cat=14

I just got an EMAIL from the PREVIOUS owner of the trailer. He has already SOLD it and
will be removing his ad. Was going to pick it up when I deliver BRIeods Trailer

Jim@BAWS

Waterski-Marcoisland
11-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I had a 2007 X2 that was in and out of salt water everyday. The MC trailer held up just fine as long as you rinse it with fresh water and Salt Away solution buy it at west marine. Jim should be able to help you....
my 2 cents.