PDA

View Full Version : 2004 205v

captain planet
11-11-2009, 09:37 AM
There is a 2004 205V in the Market in which a friend of mine is interested. I'm trying to get a barometer on the asking price of the boat. They are asking 26K. It looks pretty clean, only 60 hours and is free of extras which is a plus. Anyone have an opinion on what they would pay for that boat?

Thanks,
Captain Planet

ttu
11-11-2009, 09:45 AM
there is a 01 205v at marine world in wichita with a tower and they are asking $29,900 as a reference point.

Double D
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
There is a 2004 205V in the Market in which a friend of mine is interested. I'm trying to get a barometer on the asking price of the boat. They are asking 26K. It looks pretty clean, only 60 hours and is free of extras which is a plus. Anyone have an opinion on what they would pay for that boat?

Thanks,
Captain Planet

I have no idea on value but a guy in my neighborhood had a similar boat a few years back until he got a boo. What color is it?

vision
11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
26K is a fair price if it is clean. If it has an MCX or better engine and has say a heater or a few other niceties, then it is good value. If it is bare bones with an RTP, I would offer 24K.

Only having 60 hours is a slight concern.

captain planet
11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I have no idea on value but a guy in my neighborhood had a similar boat a few years back until he got a boo. What color is it?

It is red, it is up in Minnesota so I doubt it is his.

26K is a fair price if it is clean. If it has an MCX or better engine and has say a heater or a few other niceties, then it is good value. If it is bare bones with an RTP, I would offer 24K.

Only having 60 hours is a slight concern.

Why is 60 hours a concern? :confused: If it has been properly winterized I don't see how this is a problem.

It is bare bones, RTP no bells or whistles....which is precisely what my friend is looking for.

Thrall
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
$26k seems a little steep unless it has the tower for sure and preferrably ballast too.
Saw a cherry 03 205V, with the full Xstar X2 package (tower, racks, oem bimini, auto ballast) with 120hrs, 310hp, PP, tandem trailer, new OEM cover go for $21,500 this year!
I would have that boat right now instead of the X2 of the guy ever called me back.:mad:
I got no response for 3-4 weeks from him, then he emailed out of the blue one day to tell me it had just sold the day before "1st person to look at it bought it for asking price". He insinuated that noone was interested in the boat until this guy showed up.
I ripped him a new one for not getting back to me. Said he hadn't checked his email in a couple weeks! No phone # in the add!:mad: What a tool!
I think that was a screamin deal though.

ttu
11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
is it this one that corey listed. it is pretty bare bone but nice looking.

http://www.mastercraft.com/market/showproduct.php?product=3170&cat=5

Thrall
11-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Why is 60 hours a concern? :confused: If it has been properly winterized I don't see how this is a problem.

It is bare bones, RTP no bells or whistles....which is precisely what my friend is looking for.

60 hrs wouldn't be a concern if it was stored inside and properly maintained, like you said. Even if you have a couple upkeep things to do because it sat for a long time, I'd think that would pay off in resale with the lower hrs down the road.
If it's bare bones, assuming no tower either (who'd get a V drive just for skiing??), $26k is tooooo much. There was alot of X2's 100-200hrs with pretty fancy setups for $26-29k this summer out west.
That said, the more people pay, the higher the avg resale is for everyone, so.........:rolleyes:

corey
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
ummmm full asking price is about right! just kidding, we have a deposit on this bad boy. Guy is flying in tomorrow to check her out, I'll let you know if he opts out of the deal.

FWIW boat is very clean (I just cleaned the teak myself), we sold and maintained it throughout its life. The owners decided they wanted a new 197.

sand2snow22
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
60 hrs wouldn't be a concern if it was stored inside and properly maintained, like you said. Even if you have a couple upkeep things to do because it sat for a long time, I'd think that would pay off in resale with the lower hrs down the road.
If it's bare bones, assuming no tower either (who'd get a V drive just for skiing??), $26k is tooooo much. There was alot of X2's 100-200hrs with pretty fancy setups for $26-29k this summer out west.
That said, the more people pay, the higher the avg resale is for everyone, so.........:rolleyes:

I currently know where 3 2003-2004 X-2's in that price range are 'out west' :D

captain planet
11-11-2009, 12:49 PM
ummmm full asking price is about right! just kidding, we have a deposit on this bad boy. Guy is flying in tomorrow to check her out, I'll let you know if he opts out of the deal.

FWIW boat is very clean (I just cleaned the teak myself), we sold and maintained it throughout its life. The owners decided they wanted a new 197.

Yea, let me know what happens. If it sells I'll let them know. They are pretty interested in it.

corey
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Capn, looks like this boat is going on down the road. I'll keep my eyes open for any other nice ones. We've sold a ton of them over the years, tough part is convincing someone to trade it back in to us!

captain planet
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the update......the search continues.

dpolen
11-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Are your friends dead set on a 205V?

justtrimit
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I paid 18k for mine last year with a tower, speakers up top and lights with only 91 hours on it. I seems like a decent price, but times are tuff i bet you could throw 24k at them maybe even 23k and get a good deal on the boat. i love the boat by the way.

LaRue
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I am curious as to the main differences between a Prostar 205V and a Maristar 210VRS? Any thoughts?

dpolen
11-13-2009, 07:20 AM
205V has a better wake for skiing and when weighted appropriately, an awesome wakeboard wake. 210 is a little longer/wider, great boat for the family. I know there are more differences than that, but those stand out to me off the top of my head.

captain planet
11-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Are your friends dead set on a 205V?

No. An uncle of a friend of mine is looking for the following:

V-drive
less than 22 feet long (lake restriction) which limits him to a 205V, X-1, older X-star, X-10/210, X-15/125
Very little extras (doesn't want tower speakers, board racks, heater, shower, etc.)
tower
Less than 35K
Low hours

Basically the situation is this. The uncle owns the boat at the cabin, the relatives come up and use it when they want, and the uncle wants as little on the boat as possible so it is that much less to get broken. My buddy told me he wants to buy a new to him boat for the cabin and there are the criteria. THat 205V was perfect, I just didnt' catch it soon enough.

Minnesota might have been a bit of a drive from Ohio to look at a boat, but that boat had him considering taking the drive.

dpolen
11-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Heck of a time to be a buyer right now. I'd offer mine up as I've been thinking about upgrading, but mine is too long for their lake size restriction. Good luck!