PDA

View Full Version : No night skiing

SkiDog
11-11-2009, 09:11 AM
:mad:
Well JohnE, after reading all the damn posts on the LED thread, it has brought to 'light' the fact that you should not be surfing at night whilst under the influence of ta-kill-ya, and I will not be following you whilst doing that surfing so we can pick you up when you might happen to fall whilst skiing at night!:cry::uglyhamme:uglyhamme

Monte
11-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Ummm what the hell happened?

JohnE
11-11-2009, 09:57 AM
:mad:
Well JohnE, after reading all the damn posts on the LED thread, it has brought to 'light' the fact that you should not be surfing at night whilst under the influence of ta-kill-ya, and I will not be following you whilst doing that surfing so we can pick you up when you might happen to fall whilst skiing at night!

Well Dog, I never mentioned names in that post other than mine.:rolleyes:

But it'll never happen again.......I quit drinking Tequila about 2 weeks ago. Just Jack for me these days.

If you want to start a thread about all the things I do that I shouldn't it might quickly become the longest thread in this place.:o

SkiDog
11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Well Dog, I never mentioned names in that post other than mine.:rolleyes:

But it'll never happen again.......I quit drinking Tequila about 2 weeks ago. Just Jack for me these days.

If you want to start a thread about all the things I do that I shouldn't it might quickly become the longest thread in this place.:o

Think it would surpass the Swimsuit thread?

barefoot
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
My main concern would be somebody dropping their drink while doing these kinds of activities at night.

Justjoe
11-11-2009, 03:59 PM
So long as you're drinking from cans it's generally not a HUGE deal. A bottle (on the other hand) will dent the heck out of the bottom of the boat if it's floating.

SkiDog
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Usually surfers are close enough to the boat that IF they start to fall, they should have enough reaction time to thorw the can or bottle back to the observer who's sitting on the back of the platform or motorbox. Once they get back up, then they can hand it back to the skier.

KnoxX2
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't know anything about this so called night surfing!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SkiDog
11-11-2009, 10:15 PM
I don't know anything about this so called night surfing!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its done @ night and performed best whilst under the influence of Ta-kill-Ya!:D

shepherd
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM

I've seen pics... :cool:

Sodar
11-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh god. Take that down!!!!! Woftam will be on you like no ones business, with those tower lights! That's gunna cause an accident!

flipper
11-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Usually surfers are close enough to the boat that IF they start to fall, they should have enough reaction time to thorw the can or bottle back to the observer who's sitting on the back of the platform or motorbox. Once they get back up, then they can hand it back to the skier.
Everybody should be in a seat with a seat belt on. NOBODY should ever sit on the motor box for any reason especially if there are and speaker lights or tower lights on. The lights can cause you to fall off

scott023
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM
If you don't go out at night to surf, you're missing out. I was leary about it before I went the first time, but now I'm hooked. Woftam can come give me grief if he wants, but I'm getting MORE light to put on the tower. The brighter the better I always say.

bigmac
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Thread puts me in mind of this video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3950887155785184196&safe=active#

trickskier
11-13-2009, 07:44 PM
This was the last time John was seen standing that night................8p

Justjoe
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
HEy, you've REALLY gotta be carefull of the SHARKS at night too. Jeezus man, your a bloody shark infested collision just WAITING to happen.

WhatEVER you do, don't turn on transom lights while you're doing that.

DOOOMED.

scott023
11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
HEy, you've REALLY gotta be carefull of the SHARKS at night too. Jeezus man, your a bloody shark infested collision just WAITING to happen.

WhatEVER you do, don't turn on transom lights while you're doing that.

DOOOMED.

:D:D:D:D

You guys are unlucky that way... hey , i know you can ski year round, but at least we don't have anything in the waters that will eat us. You're spot on about the light too Joe, the gators would be attracted to those. Death wish right there...

woftam
11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
If you don't go out at night to surf, you're missing out. I was leary about it before I went the first time, but now I'm hooked. Woftam can come give me grief if he wants, but I'm getting MORE light to put on the tower. The brighter the better I always say.

Didn't work out well for the kid in this story:
http://floridamaritimelawyer.clarislaw.com/safety-at-sea/lights-at-night-on-river-can-be-confusing.php

Still waiting for Cameron to point our where I was factually wrong in the other thread, instead of just taking jabs here and there on another thread(s). I said I'd quit posting on the subject, but if you want to keep picking, then I'm game too. :rolleyes:

JohnE
11-14-2009, 02:56 PM
This was the last time John was seen standing that night................8p

LMAO!!!!:D

JohnE
11-14-2009, 03:01 PM
http://floridamaritimelawyer.clarislaw.com/safety-at-sea/lights-at-night-on-river-can-be-confusing.php

I'll bet that if the barge had a bunch of speakers lit up with LED's the kid wouldn't have hit it.

woftam
11-14-2009, 03:19 PM
I'll bet that if the barge had a bunch of speakers lit up with LED's the kid wouldn't have hit it.

Sounds like a logical and intelligent comment. He was already confused enough with properly displayed navigational lights. When some posters have entrenched views based on bad data, when a need to be friendly outweighs sound advise, or petty selfish desires trump good operational pracitces that help everyone go home safe, then we get what we get what we get here wrt discourse…….A race to the bottom. You win! :rolleyes:

Justjoe
11-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Sounds like a logical and intelligent comment. He was already confused enough with properly displayed navigational lights. When some posters have entrenched views based on bad data, when a need to be friendly outweighs sound advise, or petty selfish desires trump good operational pracitces that help everyone go home safe, then we get what we get what we get here wrt discourseÖÖ.A race to the bottom. You win! :rolleyes:

Yeah, guess those didn't work out real well for him. Lets not get education confused with illumination. Hmmm... uncomfortable driving at night "Hey <hickup>, er, just uh <hickup> keep it between the lights there boooy<hickup>. I gotta go downstairs for a <hickup>...minute".

You throw down some pretty big words there aguing something that has NO bearing on the premise that fewer lights are safer. Dig on Wolfman.

woftam
11-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, guess those didn't work out real well for him. Lets not get education confused with illumination. Hmmm... uncomfortable driving at night "Hey <hickup>, er, just uh <hickup> keep it between the lights there boooy<hickup>. I gotta go downstairs for a <hickup>...minute".

You throw down some pretty big words there aguing something that has NO bearing on the premise that fewer lights are safer. Dig on Wolfman.

Some here are uneducated about required illumination and seem incapable of grasping the importance and their responsibility to fellow boaters. Yours are big words for someone who doesnít seem to know what the required navigational lighting for a barge being towed at night is, or the implications of crossing paths with one, or the possible implications of crossing paths with a ski/wakeboard boat sporting non-standard lights at night.
Keep racing to the bottom. If you want to quit, Iíll join you. Keep bringing it up and Iíll feel free to respond.

Justjoe
11-14-2009, 04:23 PM
In your little story there was no issues with lack of required illumination. I don't think ANYBODY here is saying to eliminate the standard lights. It did seem (in your little story) that the kid was at least uncomfortable with night operations. Eventually that caught up with him.

Additional lights didn't cause his problem. Standard lights didn't save him. I still don't get your point. Was it the "flashing yellow light" that caused him to bean the boat?? Bettin not.

Bet if you could see the side of the hull he would'nt a hit it.

woftam
11-14-2009, 04:43 PM
In your little story there was no issues with lack of required illumination. I don't think ANYBODY here is saying to eliminate the standard lights. It did seem (in your little story) that the kid was at least uncomfortable with night operations. Eventually that caught up with him.

Additional lights didn't cause his problem. Standard lights didn't save him. I still don't get your point. Was it the "flashing yellow light" that caused him to bean the boat?? Bettin not.

Bet if you could see the side of the hull he would'nt a hit it.

It wasn't my little story. It was the USCG's recounted by a sea lawyer.

It’s hard to tell if you are being intentionally obtuse or have not been able to grasp the link? In previous posts on another thread, there was some discussion about what pretty colors might be chosen for tower mounted speaker grille lights. Yellow, blue, and red were among the pretty colors discussed (blue being reserved for law enforcement and red already being a color specified in the navigational light spectrum).

I’m not going to give you all the answers here. You can find them in Chapman Piloting and Seamanship,66th edition, take a CG Captain’s License prep course, or maybe just review any state’s safe boaters course material. This is basic stuff and not something a MC owner should be proud of purposefully getting wrong.

edit: FWIW and to bring this back to the thread's topic, from a practical standpoint, I don't care if someone is wake surfing at night if they display nav lights properly. If the nav lights are right, then it would tend to be much more the rider's problem than anyone that might cross paths with him/her.

Chicago190
11-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Tower lights are dangerous to other boats because they are blinding and ruin night-vision for other operators, which is key to operating at night. Tower lights do not increase the risk of other boats crashing into you, but it is more difficult for other boats to navigate. LED tower speaker rings do not significantly increase risk.

scott023
11-14-2009, 06:14 PM

Still waiting for Cameron to point our where I was factually wrong in the other thread, instead of just taking jabs here and there on another thread(s). I said I'd quit posting on the subject, but if you want to keep picking, then I'm game too. :rolleyes:

R O T F L M A O. Thanks Wofty. You have sure got a lot of time on your hands. Sure as helk glad you're not my father. I'd probably run away from home.

Cam is away enjoying himself this weekend. Perhaps you should take time out from you research and try that yourself. 8p

Justjoe
11-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Not saying that LED vanity lights are NOT illegal. Not saying that the use of these lights put you at an increased risk for certain events. Just saying that that event COULD be a ticket.

Collisions are not that hard to come across, and the results are (generally) not good. Unlit boats, alchohol, unlit land masses, these are the things that bring the bumps in the night.

Saying that having additional lights on your boat would cause someone to veer into you is akin to saying that a solid light at the end of your dock will create a problem (because it REALLY should be a rotating beacon).

As was mentioned in a prior post, high powered docking lights are a much bigger risk to navigation (and they have THOSE on a WHOLE BUNCH a boats).

The kid did NOT have an accident because of non standard lights, so to use that as a basis to create fear of collision is non sensical.

woftam
11-14-2009, 06:23 PM
R O T F L M A O. Thanks Wofty. You have sure got a lot of time on your hands. Sure as helk glad you're not my father. I'd probably run away from home.

Cam is away enjoying himself this weekend. Perhaps you should take time out from you research and try that yourself. 8p

Glad you are not my boy too.:rolleyes:

Justjoe
11-14-2009, 06:30 PM
You could be MY boy Scott. (So long as you take out the garbage, and keep your room clean.... and get good grades. And keep your hair cut. And quit using all the gas in the car and not refilling it (this stuff isn't free you know). And that kid with the weird ear hole things?? Yeah, keep him out of my house... I don't trust him. That music, do you HAVE to play it that loud?? I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such BAD music....WheeEEE, WHEEEE, WhHHHeeeeeee.... It's like a dog being tortured. Hurts my ears. Oh yeah. MOW THE LAWN please.)

woftam
11-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Not saying that LED vanity lights are NOT illegal. Not saying that the use of these lights put you at an increased risk for certain events. Just saying that that event COULD be a ticket.

Collisions are not that hard to come across, and the results are (generally) not good. Unlit boats, alchohol, unlit land masses, these are the things that bring the bumps in the night.

Saying that having additional lights on your boat would cause someone to veer into you is akin to saying that a solid light at the end of your dock will create a problem (because it REALLY should be a rotating beacon).

As was mentioned in a prior post, high powered docking lights are a much bigger risk to navigation (and they have THOSE on a WHOLE BUNCH a boats).

The kid did NOT have an accident because of non standard lights, so to use that as a basis to create fear of collision is non sensical.

I'll try to give you credit and chalk your post(s) up to being purposefully obtuse. The alternative relates to gray matter. If the notion of backing down from purposefully displaying nav lights incorrectly or unapproved vanity lights is such an emotional problem for you, then enjoy. They don't aid navigation. They disrupt navigation by addding variables to a logical and time honored system that some boaters don't/cannot grasp. If an illegal and ignorant display of vanity lights makes you happy, have at it. :rolleyes:

scott023
11-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Glad you are not my boy too.:rolleyes:

Stop acting like a father figure on here then. None of us need or want your advice.

woftam
11-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Stop acting like a father figure on here then. None of us need or want your advice.
As long as I'm posting within the forum rules, you don't get much say about what/when/how much/if I post. If you don't like it, then don't read it. FWIW, I have a pm thanking me for the info I posted, so your assertion that "none of us need or want your advise" is incorrect. Maybe, speak for yourself?

scott023
11-14-2009, 06:44 PM
As long as I'm posting within the forum rules, you don't get much say about what/when/how much/if I post. If you don't like it, then don't read it. FWIW, I have a pm thanking me for the info I posted, so your assertion that "none of us need or want your advise" is incorrect. Maybe, speak for yourself?

I've gotten several PM's stating what a ***** you are. Does that strengthen my case? :D:D:D

HAve at it Wofty. You come onto this thread and beak about others activities. You are the one causing the problem here. I'm sure you know your cut and paste efforts aren't going to stop anyone from surfing at night, or from putting lights on their tower for that matter. So why do you bother?

woftam
11-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I've gotten several PM's stating what a ***** you are. Does that strenghten my case? :D:D:D

HAve at it Wofty. You come onto this thread and beak about others activities. You are the one causing the problem here. I'm sure you know your cut and paste efforts aren't going to stop anyone from surfing at night, or from putting lights on their tower for that matter. So why do you bother?

It doesnít strengthen your case unless you change you case to fit what you are now attempting to say. :D

Iím left wondering if you can read or if you live in an alternate reality, because youíve mischaracterized my posts? (Thatís a nice way of saying you lied about what I wrote) You may not like my posts on the subject and they may be a pain in your rear end, but I have not done any cutting and pasting and I most recently posted I donít care if anyone night surfs if they are displaying the correct nav lights. You also said no one here needs or wants my advice. I pointed out that the positive pm I received disproves your contention. While you may have received more than one pm disapproving of the content of my posts that include disparaging characterizations of me (insert your favorite profanity-quite mature by the way), that doesnít serve to prove your point. In contrast, except for guessing the MC dealership in question would not install the lights for a purchaser, I have not been factually incorrect about my posts on the subject. I stand corrected on that point. The guy from the dealer stated he would install them for a customer.

Iím sure the person that developed the lights and the person who advertised the availability of the lights for sale on this forum are not thrilled I pointed out they are illegal for use while underway. That may have hurt sales. The person who pmís me previously thought they were perfectly legal and was going to buy a set, but decided against it when he had more complete data.

You, and some of the other supporters of the tower mounted L.E.D. grille lights, are not doing the tower mounted L.E.D. grille light inventor/seller any favors by continuing to argue with me about it on this forum either. Then again, maybe theyíll sell more of the lights because of all the negative attention, but I kind of doubt it. Iíll only post on the subject if someone cares to argue with me. You and a few of your buddies seem intent of keeping the argument going. The call is, collectively, yours.

TMCNo1
11-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I hear the world is coming to an end in 2012, so let's all just have fun before the end, please...........................................: rolleyes::D

Justjoe
11-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey, who said that they were for navigation???

Oh yeah, and where are all the cases of people getting run down becuase of having tower led's. Dude, It doesn't happen.

I don't get why you're so bent on stopping something that causes such a little blip of concern. Seems to me your better off spending your time rallying to have people in Comp vests arrested, or cracking down on people making "those huge wakes that swamp all the other boats and destroy our beaches and shorelines".

Even whine about people out at night playing music (sound carries you know). These things, as petty as they are, have a greater impact on the safety and sanity of our lakes than a few (relatively) dim decorations.

woftam
11-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey, who said that they were for navigation???

Oh yeah, and where are all the cases of people getting run down becuase of having tower led's. Dude, It doesn't happen.

I don't get why you're so bent on stopping something that causes such a little blip of concern. Seems to me your better off spending your time rallying to have people in Comp vests arrested, or cracking down on people making "those huge wakes that swamp all the other boats and destroy our beaches and shorelines".

Even whine about people out at night playing music (sound carries you know). These things, as petty as they are, have a greater impact on the safety and sanity of our lakes than a few (relatively) dim decorations.

Nah, youíve convinced me itís a worthwhile part time hobby.
If they are on at night and they are visible to other boats on public waterways, then they are for navigation.
You have nothing to back up your contention that it doesnít happen. Time will tell for me if it does or not. In the meantime, itís at least just plain illegal, discourteous to other boaters, and a pita for adding an unsanctioned variable to nighttime navigation.
Iíll agree with you that they are ďdim decorationsĒ, but I doubt those words mean the same thing to each of us.
scott023 is anxious that I quit posting on the subject. Iíll quit if you folks will too.

woftam
11-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm sure you know your cut and paste efforts aren't going to stop anyone from surfing at night, or from putting lights on their tower for that matter. So why do you bother?
At least you and Sodar accused me of cutting and pasting whenI had not. Just to retroactively make your contention true, here is a cut and paste on the subject:

Navigation Lights - Buyers Beware
© Capt. Matt
Aug 1, 2001

Navigation lights are essential to safe navigation at night. This has led some light manufacturers and some vessel operators to believe that having more lights or different lights will make your vessel more easily seen by other vessel operators. Actually, the Navigation Rules (COMDTINST M16672.2D) otherwise known as the "Rules of the Road," are very specific about the characteristics (color specifications and/or arcs of visibility) of navigation lights. Therefore, purchasers should avoid lights advertised as providing "an extra margin of safety" or as "an enhancement to their boat's existing navigation lighting system," because the use of such lights is a violation of the Navigation Rules.
According to Rule 20:

"The Rules concerning lights shall be complied with from sunset to sunrise, and during such times, no other lights shall be exhibited, except such lights as cannot be mistaken for the lights specified in these Rules . . ."

Rule 21 defines the placement and arcs of visibility for the various navigation light fixtures.

Annex I to the Rules requires certain color specifications and minimum intensities for navigation light fixtures to ensure their visibility.

The intent of these three requirements is to establish stand-alone positioning for the prescribed lights and to create distinctive navigation light patterns for various vessel types. Conspicuity is improved only by correct placement and the use of bigger and brighter legal navigation lights.

Finally, navigation lights are items of safety equipment. Boats offered for sale to the public which are equipped with navigation lights which do not meet applicable requirements in the Navigation Rules are subject to defect notification and recall.

Wake2wake
11-14-2009, 08:37 PM
so basically what im getting is if your boating at night, avoid the other lights on the lake right?

scott023
11-14-2009, 10:00 PM
It doesn’t strengthen your case unless you change you case to fit what you are now attempting to say. :D

I’m left wondering if you can read or if you live in an alternate reality, because you’ve mischaracterized my posts? (That’s a nice way of saying you lied about what I wrote) You may not like my posts on the subject and they may be a pain in your rear end, but I have not done any cutting and pasting and I most recently posted I don’t care if anyone night surfs if they are displaying the correct nav lights. You also said no one here needs or wants my advice. I pointed out that the positive pm I received disproves your contention. While you may have received more than one pm disapproving of the content of my posts that include disparaging characterizations of me (insert your favorite profanity-quite mature by the way), that doesn’t serve to prove your point. In contrast, except for guessing the MC dealership in question would not install the lights for a purchaser, I have not been factually incorrect about my posts on the subject. I stand corrected on that point. The guy from the dealer stated he would install them for a customer.

I’m sure the person that developed the lights and the person who advertised the availability of the lights for sale on this forum are not thrilled I pointed out they are illegal for use while underway. That may have hurt sales. The person who pm’s me previously thought they were perfectly legal and was going to buy a set, but decided against it when he had more complete data.

You, and some of the other supporters of the tower mounted L.E.D. grille lights, are not doing the tower mounted L.E.D. grille light inventor/seller any favors by continuing to argue with me about it on this forum either. Then again, maybe they’ll sell more of the lights because of all the negative attention, but I kind of doubt it. I’ll only post on the subject if someone cares to argue with me. You and a few of your buddies seem intent of keeping the argument going. The call is, collectively, yours.

You've posted works that are not your own, have you not? USCG material, and again a few posts back. That was all I was refering to, so really hard to tell were I "(That’s a nice way of saying you lied about what I wrote)". Further to that, I have not said I support the lights or their use. I stated they looked good, and if someone wanted to put them on their boat, that was their choice. I just find it weird that you are seemingly following this subject around and, again, "quoting" sections and subsections of coastguard rules. I really see no need to take the subject so personally... If you don't like them, ignore them. I ignore lots of material on the forum for one reason or another.

By the way, those were just asterisks in my post, not a swear word. Wasn't meant as an insult, hence the smilies after it. :D

woftam
11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
You've posted works that are not your own, have you not? USCG material, and again a few posts back. That was all I was refering to, so really hard to tell were I "(That’s a nice way of saying you lied about what I wrote)". Further to that, I have not said I support the lights or their use. I stated they looked good, and if someone wanted to put them on their boat, that was their choice. I just find it weird that you are seemingly following this subject around and, again, "quoting" sections and subsections of coastguard rules. I really see no need to take the subject so personally... If you don't like them, ignore them. I ignore lots of material on the forum for one reason or another.

By the way, those were jusy asterisks in my post, not a swear word. Wasn't meant as an insult, hence the smilies after it. :D

Edit: {you are quoting post #35. I didn't cut and paste anything until post #39. Please re-read the first two sentences of post #39. It reads: "At least you and Sodar accused me of cutting and pasting whenI had not. Just to retroactively make your contention true, here is a cut and paste on the subject:"}

Aside from post #39 on this thread, please point out where I quoted sections or subsections of any CG reg. I don't think you'll be able to. If you dig deep enough, you might find one on a very old and unrelated thread, but again, I don't think so.

I've become a bit fascinated with some of the bile that has come my way on the subject. Some of the powertrip posts are interesting in their demanding tone. I respond better to a reasoned arguement and a polite request. I don't actually take it that seriously nor do I imagine I will change the minds of people who care more about pimping out their boats than their shared responsibility to display their navigational lights correctly at night. I also understand the asterisks didn't suggest any particular word, much less a profanity directed toward me. ;)

Aric'sX15
11-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Edit: {you are quoting post #35. I didn't cut and paste anything until post #39. Please re-read the first two sentences of post #39. It reads: "At least you and Sodar accused me of cutting and pasting whenI had not. Just to retroactively make your contention true, here is a cut and paste on the subject:"}

Aside from post #39 on this thread, please point out where I quoted sections or subsections of any CG reg. I don't think you'll be able to. If you dig deep enough, you might find one on a very old and unrelated thread, but again, I don't think so.

I've become a bit fascinated with some of the bile that has come my way on the subject. Some of the powertrip posts are interesting in their demanding tone. I respond better to a reasoned arguement and a polite request. I don't actually take it that seriously nor do I imagine I will change the minds of people who care more about pimping out their boats than their shared responsibility to display their navigational lights correctly at night. I also understand the asterisks didn't suggest any particular word, much less a profanity directed toward me. ;)

Dude! Why does it matter what i do. if we decide to break the law it should be my decison, even if it is against the law. i have no clue why youre getting worked up over nothing. you show me some death numbers from tower leds, and i might concider what your saying is important. but i think your gonna show me a big fat 0.

scott023
11-15-2009, 12:49 AM

Would you accept paraphrasing??? :D:D:D

You know a hell of a lot more about coastal laws and regs than I do... that or you have more time to read over them than I do. I'm done with this useless banter... if you like the lights, talk to Corey, he'll hook you up. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

One more thing for all you night time bada$$es... if you're out on the water at night, and there are other lights (they may be green, red, blue, clear, yellow, whatever) please stay clear of the lights. They most likely indicate the presence of another watercraft.

TMCNo1
11-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Does that mean the DNR officer/s in a boat, with his flashing lights/spotlights chasing down a improperly lighted boat would also be breaking the laws he is hired to uphold?
Inquiring minds want to know!

JohnE
11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
This thread is complete comedy now.

Lemme say this. I followed a boat on a long ride home at Wylie last CSM. The LED's on the speakers made it extremely difficult to follow him closely. They were blinding. (There was a reason I was trying to follow closely) So the chance of me hitting him were nil. nada. zero. zilch. period.

If you want to say they are illegal and discourteous, I'll agree. They also look great. But I truly can't believe there is so much energy focused on the topic.

If y'all don't like each other, just say so. It's easier and much more fun. I know, I tried it a while back.

JohnE
11-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Now stop jacking Eddie's thread or I'll go Atl on y'all.:D

woftam
11-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Would you accept paraphrasing??? :D:D:D

No. that's closer, but I just pointed out they are there, under the authority of the USCG and that there are also international agreements on the subject. (exception: recent post #39)
edit: on second thought, maybe some very minor paraphrasing? I did point out blue lights are reserved for law enforcement.

woftam
11-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Does that mean the DNR officer/s in a boat, with his flashing lights/spotlights chasing down a improperly lighted boat would also be breaking the laws he is hired to uphold?
Inquiring minds want to know!

No. And you know the answer to this too.
I mentioned blue lights being reserved for law enforcement in a previous post on this thread. I don't recall the post number, but it's there.
Regardless, you knew anyway, but thanks for the baiting. ;)

woftam
11-15-2009, 01:19 PM
This thread is complete comedy now.

Lemme say this. I followed a boat on a long ride home at Wylie last CSM. The LED's on the speakers made it extremely difficult to follow him closely. They were blinding. (There was a reason I was trying to follow closely) So the chance of me hitting him were nil. nada. zero. zilch. period.

If you want to say they are illegal and discourteous, I'll agree. They also look great. But I truly can't believe there is so much energy focused on the topic.

If y'all don't like each other, just say so. It's easier and much more fun. I know, I tried it a while back.

Glad its giving you a chuckle. :D

woftam
11-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Now stop jacking Eddie's thread or I'll go Atl on y'all.:D
I'm done when there is nothing to respond to (offer previously made), or I get bored.

TMCNo1
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM
No. And you know the answer to this too.
I mentioned blue lights being reserved for law enforcement in a previous post on this thread. I don't recall the post number, but it's there.
Regardless, you knew anyway, but thanks for the baiting. ;)

Well I'll buy that! I didn't know KnoxX2 was a Barney (inset whistle and siren sounds) with his big blue speaker LED's, so it means I'll have to bribe him next time I see him by taking him to the Mayberry Diner for lunch.:rolleyes::D

TMCNo1
11-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Now stop jacking Eddie's thread or I'll go Atl on y'all.

:uglyhammeYa gotta catch us first!8p8p8p

KnoxX2
11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Well Dog, I never mentioned names in that post other than mine.

If you want to start a thread about all the things I do that I shouldn't it might quickly become the longest thread in this place.

I've seen pics...

John .......... Now that's funny!!!!! You don't ever QUIT drinking Tequila, you just take a brake from it!!!!!! :rolleyes::D

Shep who stole my boat and how come no one informed me of this obnoxious behavior. We should turn those people in!!!!!!!!! The nerve of some people!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:8p

shepherd
11-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Shep who stole my boat and how come no one informed me of this obnoxious behavior. We should turn those people in!!!!!!!!! The nerve of some people!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:8p

Blame the guy with the blue and orange Hawaiian shirt. :mad:

TEAL98
11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Damn, I just opened up my popcorn for this thread, where'd the arguing and bickering go?:D:cool:

cbryan70
11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
woftam (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=10840) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Banned

should be quite for about a week :D:cool:

scott023
11-17-2009, 10:57 PM
woftam (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=10840) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
Banned

should be quite for about a week

:D:D:D He had it coming...