PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a fat wake?

Eastbayboarder
11-11-2009, 01:48 AM
So my daughter tells me the wake isn't big enough now. Says she wants more air. What's the most economical way to get a fatter wake behind a 1990 Prostar 190?

corey
11-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Side sacs and a pump, put the sacs on either side of the engine compartment. If you want it even bigger throw a fat sac behind the motor box (you'll need to remove your rear seat)

bainez23
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
put one in the bow as well

Jim@BAWS
11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
So my daughter tells me the wake isn't big enough now. Says she wants more air. What's the most economical way to get a fatter wake behind a 1990 Prostar 190?

Have you called Nancy Pelosi???

coz
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Side sacs and a pump, put the sacs on either side of the engine compartment. If you want it even bigger throw a fat sac behind the motor box (you'll need to remove your rear seat)

Or the wrap around is another option.....instead of 3 sacs, it's one big one.

http://wakeskishop.com/images/fat_sacs/FAT_SEAT_SAC_W710.jpg

http://www.fatsac.com/flyhigh/FlyHighSacs.html

Jabrew
11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Buy my 245 maristar

Smoothie
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Nancy said tax the guy with the new x star 10% and give as many fat sacks to the guy with the 1990 pro star so his wake will be as good! Oh and Jim does the labor for free for an integrated system.

Have you called Nancy Pelosi???

tex
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
fat girls! you could put more beer in the boat!

TallRedRider
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
You said the most inexpensive way...

Sand bags at Home Depot are pretty cheap. I actually used some of those for a little while. We also once filled a rubbermaid with water. First you use a garbage bag as a liner, then fill it with a 5 gallon bucket (it's a small workout) and then tie the garbage bag or the water will slosh all over. There are a variety of ways to do it even cheaper than fat sacks, but sacks are best.

Abe
11-11-2009, 07:38 PM
I Have a 1990 190, You do need a lot of weight evenly distributed to get a bigger wake. I use old 25 liter oil drums filled with water, placed at the stern - rear seat comes out, a couple either side of the engine box and a few in under the bow, About a dozen in total. I do have fat sacs but the time it takes filling and trying to empty them is a hassle. The drums are quicker to fill with the pump and just dunkin the drum under the water and easier to empty. Of course if there is 5 or 6 out for the day then no need for ballast. my 2 cents

Ramhouse
11-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Just sold my 190, what you need is.....250# on either side of motor....250# behind motor...and 350# in the bow. And everybody will be happy, except for the people in the boat because there will be no room.

Kingsley X-1
11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
i second the the cheapest way is three or four trash cans, remove the rear seat and a 5 gallon bucket to fill them. i had a '88 190 with i think a 210hp 351ci ford. any way we used to load the boat down so much someone would have to climb on the bow to get it on plane. i would recommend to put the cooler in the bow to help plane out. make sure the lids are on tight if not just have a working bilge pump and a keep on filling the trash cans every now and then. getting some sand bags would be a good idea too. the only problem with the sand bags is we used to slalom in the early morning and then get into wake boarding when more people showed up on the lake. the sand bags are a not something that can just be stacked together and shoved in the back of the boat and not have an effect on the wake. if you live on a lake it is still a pain in the arse or back for that matter. this is coming from the kid who made his own skylon with some extra three inch pipe laying around at my grandfathers shop and then welding a trailer hitch ball on the top too use as a rope mounting point. then we got some some cloths line steel cable with a turn buckle and tied a dock line around the bow to support the skylon. with all of that said i would say save up and get some fat sacs and a pump.

davomaddo
11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Fat friends

Eastbayboarder
11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Laughing my a$$ off. You guys rock. Sounds like the easiest way is to find some fat chicks.

TayMC197
11-12-2009, 02:50 AM
I special order a 75 gallon cooler that I remove the rear seat and fill full of water, ice, and beer. That makes a great wake and you can sit on it. I place a 250 ibs under the bow to help add more volume. I haven't had many complaints... Plus get a pump, getting that cooler out at the end of the day can be painful if full.

I'm still waiting for Nancy to give me some goverment kickbacks, I want a new X-Star and not have to work. Jim, you take food stamps? I need a keel guard.