PDA

View Full Version : Need new friends - old ones afraid of cold water

YTW
11-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone,

It's very simple, I like to ski year round. I have an X-14 direct drive. I work on Friday, Sat, and Sun. I tend to get a little down in the winter so I picked up an extra job a couple days a week. Today, however was a sunny, blue sky, 72 degree day here in Middle Tennessee and I took a half the day off to go water skiing. I called 20 different people today looking for someone to go to the lake. I was sure that none of them would get in the water and ski or wakeboard, but I thought someone would be available to drive the boat and enjoy the day, if for no other reason that to view the beautiful fall colors on the trees. Well, no takers. So, I thought I would put a post on this site. If you live in or around Smyrna, TN and would like to go to the lake and ski or drive, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Denis

damaged442
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
You need to speak with people that have already put their boats away, that live further north! I live in NY and would basically go out skiing on a 42 degree day right about now! :D

Jerseydave
11-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Even though you're a skier, you may want to try reaching out to wakeboarders that can drive for you and/or ride behind your boat. Try www.wakeworld.com under the "find a pull" section.

I had 4 friends here in NJ that went out today.......air low 50's, water 47.

Kevin&Annie
11-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Dude! We live in Murfreesboro and yanked the boat out of the garage for this beautiful Saturday! You didn't specify, but I assume you were on Percy Priest..We make the drive to Center Hill every week..that's where our ski course is after all..don't much care for the chocolate water of Priest!lol..shoot us a pm. we will be out through the winter.

dalt1
11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Hello everyone,

It's very simple, I like to ski year round. I have an X-14 direct drive. I work on Friday, Sat, and Sun. I tend to get a little down in the winter so I picked up an extra job a couple days a week. Today, however was a sunny, blue sky, 72 degree day here in Middle Tennessee and I took a half the day off to go water skiing. I called 20 different people today looking for someone to go to the lake. I was sure that none of them would get in the water and ski or wakeboard, but I thought someone would be available to drive the boat and enjoy the day, if for no other reason that to view the beautiful fall colors on the trees. Well, no takers. So, I thought I would put a post on this site. If you live in or around Smyrna, TN and would like to go to the lake and ski or drive, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Denis
I have the same problem and location. I will Pm you my cell #. Give me a call sometime. I'm headed out tomorrow at noon.

X25 ED
11-08-2009, 05:00 AM
to bad but i am a bit out of direction.........

TEAL98
11-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Wish I lived closer, I've finished winterizing and if I wasn't such a pu$$y myself, I'd yank the boat out and do some slalom skiin this weekend myself. Friday night the low was in the high 20s, yesterday and today the highs are mid 70s.... :rolleyes::(