PDA

View Full Version : OK ok....

brady1022
06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I've got an 88 prostar, just wonderin what you guys are puttin in for weight, I use 2 600lb fatsacks and usually around 3 guys with about 100lbs in the bow. the wake's nice...but compared (I know I konw) to my buddy's 89 ski nautique with the same 2 fat sacks the mastercrafts wake is small...what are you guys doin to get teh nice big wake?

-Brady

6ballsisall
06-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the board and congrats on you Prostar purchase!! Great boat and year!
From all I have read the SN you referred to (2001 model) can throw an awesome wakeboard wake with some ballast and probably will be better than your Prostar regardless. You might get lucky with some weight up in the bow, maybe 250lbs or so.

Leroy
06-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the owners club! You should post more on you occupation on the "What do you do" thread, interesting.

I think the wake is all relative, I know there are some guys on here happy with their PS190 wake for boarding, but it's a challenge to make a big wake with that boat.

AirJunky
06-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Wow, with that kind of weight in that year PS, the gunnels are probably only a couple inches above the water, huh.
As others have said, a big wake is tough to get from that year hull. Maybe if you put it in the back of an X-star it would kick up a nice curl. ;)

BrianM
06-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I try to only weight the passengers side with about 180lb. Usually a spotter. Besides that about half a tank of gas. Go about 36 mph and the wake is nice and small just about perfect, like this...........

Oh ..... You want it bigger...........why would you want to do that? :D

LakePirate
06-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Better engineering is why. :dance:

You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Cary K.
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I had an 88. I put a FULL fatseat (1100lbs) in back and about 400 lbs in the bow. I left the bow weight in there, but would fill the seat each time. Gunnels were pretty low, but the wake was awesome.

brady1022
06-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah...I've got a buddy who comes out on the lake with us...(skier) and hates it when he shows up and the fat sacks are full. ha. Yeah from what I heard that hull model is tough. I was just curious as to what you guys were doin.....and the x-star was out of the price range haha. Either way I'm so happy with a mastercraft, great boat overall. Nothin matches their gelcoat quality. -Brady