PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers...

broncotw
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I need to replace the mufflers on my 1985 MasterCraft Prostar 190 Stars and Stripes.... Does anyone know where I can purchase some new ones?

Currently, I have the factory fiberglass ones that are blue in color.....

Thanks,

DemolitionMan
11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
www.skidim.com

H20skeefreek
11-03-2009, 08:26 PM
West Marine or Skidim.

deereman
11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
were the factory mufflers blue? in our 87 the are about 4 ft long and white fiberglass. are those factory?

markismm
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Yes the factory ones are blue and have a "Popka Flow" sticker on them. I assume that this is the manufacturer. If you want a replacement, go to www.skidim.com. They sale a factory replacement. But, my questions is what is your problem with your current mufflers. You can repair them fairly easily depending on what the issue is. I repaired the inlet on mine this past summer as the fiberglass was separating. Much cheaper than new ones.

broncotw
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey guys thanks for the responses..... Yes the factory mufflers are blue in color for the 1985 Stars and Stripes! The problem I am having is I have a small leak that is originating from the mufflers.... If they can be repaired thats awesome..... Thanks again for the responses.....

tocoldtorace
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I have a 93 prostar with the big black muffler assemebly that connects both exhaust manifolds into one unit and then out the bottom. This muffler is leaking water and exhaust around the entrance and exit. Is there a way to fix this or would i be better off replacing with an exhaust upgrade. and which one do you suggest.

etduc
11-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a 93 prostar with the big black muffler assemebly that connects both exhaust manifolds into one unit and then out the bottom. This muffler is leaking water and exhaust around the entrance and exit. Is there a way to fix this or would i be better off replacing with an exhaust upgrade. and which one do you suggest.

Good to any auto parts house. get fiberglass repair kit. It has everything, you need to fix a crack or hole. So simple, a cave man can do it!

Gonzo
11-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Good to any auto parts house. get fiberglass repair kit. It has everything, you need to fix a crack or hole. So simple, a cave man can do it!

2nd that I did it with mine, but Im not sure the in line mufflers are glass. I have the drum muffler and it worked well... there are pics on a thread here somewhere.