PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Guides

pacit
11-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Where can I get the Black Mastercraft Trailer Guides with White Lettering?

TMCNo1
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Here are the guide bar covers, in the ProShop, http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/detail.aspx?ID=36

deereman
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM

do you mean guide covers, because they can be found in the proshop (http://www.ptxsecure.com/mcpro/detail.aspx?ID=36).

I guess #1 beat me to it

Jesus_Freak
01-28-2010, 02:06 PM
MYMC, are you still selling these?

kjohnson
01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
That white lettering comes off fairly easy and it ends up on your rubrail. I now use guide post covers without lettering.

Mag_Red
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
That white lettering comes off fairly easy and it ends up on your rubrail. I now use guide post covers without lettering.I had a set made with embroidered lettering............going on 5 years now and still look brand new:D

TMCNo1
01-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Different length, colors and with or without lettering/graphics can be found here, http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=trailer+guide+pad&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_ipg=&_sop=12

Joseph
01-28-2010, 07:47 PM
my guideposts are a bit short and black. found that with our steep ramp, if not all lined up perfect, the top catches under the rub bar and scratches the boat. Can I put a longer length of PVC over them or will the covers you talk about be enough?

TMCNo1
01-28-2010, 08:26 PM
There should be a approx. 2" sleeve pop-riveted to the top of the steel tube to prevent the long tube from floating off. A plain 2" ball cover can be used to prevent the top of the guidebar from scratching the boat should the tube be below the rub rail on some ramps.

erkoehler
01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
my guideposts are a bit short and black. found that with our steep ramp, if not all lined up perfect, the top catches under the rub bar and scratches the boat. Can I put a longer length of PVC over them or will the covers you talk about be enough?

You can get longer plastic pieces.....AND add guide pole pads.

fentong
01-29-2010, 12:17 AM
The Pro Shop actually sold the Mastercraft lettered pads right up until they revamped the site in early January. They had them on for $24.99 a set (half price) and then they decided to pull them from the new site altogether. I'm really disappointed by their decision and they didn't provide a good answer to why they decided to no longer carry them. Not impressive customer service IMHO. Here is the response I got from John at the pro shop:

"Unfortunately the trailer guide covers are no longer available, we may offer them again in the future but at this time have no plans to. Your best bet would be to contact your dealer.
Thanks,
"

Joseph
01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Yup, that 2" ball cover would have prevented a 2 foot long scratch. Getting 2 of those puppies today. (that'll probably be the least expensive accessory I've gotten so far) What do you think about putting a 2" piece of schedule 40 pvc over the tube already present to lengthen the guide? -prob too trashy for a mastercraft though :)

scott023
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
The Pro Shop actually sold the Mastercraft lettered pads right up until they revamped the site in early January. They had them on for $24.99 a set (half price) and then they decided to pull them from the new site altogether. I'm really disappointed by their decision and they didn't provide a good answer to why they decided to no longer carry them. Not impressive customer service IMHO. Here is the response I got from John at the pro shop:

"Unfortunately the trailer guide covers are no longer available, we may offer them again in the future but at this time have no plans to. Your best bet would be to contact your dealer.
Thanks, "

How does this make sense? My dealer wasn't offering the plain MC ones last time I checked with them, just ones with the dealers name on them. Seems like an important itme like this should be a standard listing for MBD.

bbymgr
01-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I have an unused set. Looks like they are collectors items.:rolleyes: Let the bidding begin.:D

scott023
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I bought three sets when they were on sale... and Pram still has a pair from CMC to send me. We should be set for awhile. :D

justinglow
01-29-2010, 12:23 PM
I bought three sets when they were on sale... and Pram still has a pair from CMC to send me. We should be set for awhile. :D

Scotty I am still waiting on mine from some guy at CMC........:D

scott023
01-29-2010, 12:25 PM

ERK

Too much snow clearing or what?

TMCNo1
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Yup, that 2" ball cover would have prevented a 2 foot long scratch. Getting 2 of those puppies today. (that'll probably be the least expensive accessory I've gotten so far) What do you think about putting a 2" piece of schedule 40 pvc over the tube already present to lengthen the guide? -prob too trashy for a mastercraft though :)

If the new 2" will fit over the old PVC, then try it, but if your not careful and don't put a retainer ring on top somehow, you'll be swimming out to get the floating guidebars every time you launch or load the boat. To get the ball cover over the end of the PVC tubing, try placing them in a pot of boiling water for a couple minutes and they will then stretch on with very little effort if you lube the inside of the ball cover with some light grease, oil or Vasoline. Been there, done that.

erkoehler
01-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Whats that address again :)

scott023
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Whats that address again :)

ROTFLMAO. :D:D:D

Jesus_Freak
01-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Different length, colors and with or without lettering/graphics can be found here, http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=trailer+guide+pad&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_ipg=&_sop=12

Thank you, but I prefer the MC version.

I have an unused set. Looks like they are collectors items.:rolleyes: Let the bidding begin.:D

I guess I would consider used. Anyone?

dtc
01-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Just a quick heads-up for anyone who might be interested in a quality product, although unfortunately for those that want or need the MasterCraft labeling, these DO NOT have any lettering.

maddogproducts.com

I have the "heavy duty" trailer guide pads, and ended up going with all black (no more cleaning lettering off my rub rail). Solid well thought out product. These folks were also very pleasant to do business with.

TMCNo1
01-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Just a quick heads-up for anyone who might be interested in a quality product, although unfortunately for those that want or need the MasterCraft labeling, these DO NOT have any lettering.

maddogproducts.com

I have the "heavy duty" trailer guide pads, and ended up going with all black (no more cleaning lettering off my rub rail). Solid well thought out product. These folks were also very pleasant to do business with.

Here's the link, http://maddogproducts.com/standard_trailer_guides.html

scott023
01-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Here's the link, http://maddogproducts.com/standard_trailer_guides.html

Post whore. :D

TMCNo1
01-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Post whore. :D

Somebody has to do it, got bored of waiting for you to post the link!:uglyhamme
I just copied/pasted it from my bookmarks.

Jesus_Freak
02-20-2010, 08:15 AM
FWIW, MYMC has some new MC pads in stock. I just bought a pair.

MariStar-Man
02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
FWIW, MYMC has some new MC pads in stock. I just bought a pair.

Hey Jesus how is the quality? Do they look like the lettering can rub off? Any pix? Oh!, Heres some scripture i thought you might like.

Fix your thoughts on what is true,
and honorable, and right, and pure, and
lovely, and admirable. Think about things
that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

These are the origional ones that came on the Maristar. When I roll into the lake these guys pop up. Then when i pull back onto land they go back down. They have never came off when trailering, and are sewn well. At some point I would like to get new covers.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x203/DocHoliday1964/1999%20Maristar/Decals/DSC01506.jpg

Jesus_Freak
02-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey Jesus how is the quality? Do they look like the lettering can rub off? Any pix? Oh!, Heres some scripture i thought you might like.

Fix your thoughts on what is true,
and honorable, and right, and pure, and
lovely, and admirable. Think about things
that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

These are the origional ones that came on the Maristar. When I roll into the lake these guys pop up. Then when i pull back onto land they go back down. They have never came off when trailering, and are sewn well. At some point I would like to get new covers.

They have not arrived yet, but when they do, I will plan to check them over and post a picture.

Thank you for posting the Word. Yes, it is a very challenging concept, especially given the constant opportunity to do otherwise. It is clearly impossible without His help.

Gamble
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Jesus, do you have a website or phone number to the place you ordered some.............I'd like to get a spare pair. Thanks.

TMCNo1
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Jesus, do you have a website or phone number to the place you ordered some.............I'd like to get a spare pair. Thanks.
http://mymastercraft.com/

MariStar-Man
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Here's another Co. (http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/SC_Sgd9g)

http://www.buywake.com/catalog_images/Screamin%20Sacs/md/trailerpad.jpg

Jesus_Freak
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
My pads arrived from MC Charlotte. The lettering seems sound. Here they are.

fentong
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Jesus_freak, can you tell me how heavy the material is on these Mastercraft guides?

I see a lot of sites posting the "denier' rating of the nylon they are made with. Some sites state 200 denier and some up to 600. I recently bought a Mastercraft spare tire cover and I was surprised how 'light' the material was. Perhaps it's ok for a spare cover but these post covers need to be able to take some abuse. At least they do when I'm trailering the boat.

Sodar
03-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Jesus_freak, can you tell me how heavy the material is on these Mastercraft guides?

I see a lot of sites posting the "denier' rating of the nylon they are made with. Some sites state 200 denier and some up to 600. I recently bought a Mastercraft spare tire cover and I was surprised how 'light' the material was. Perhaps it's ok for a spare cover but these post covers need to be able to take some abuse. At least they do when I'm trailering the boat.

If the spare tire cover you purchased says "MasterCraft" across it, it is close to the same fabric they use for the guide pole covers.... if not the same.

If you are looking for some well-made covers, look elsewhere. I used my old MC covers as templates and had my local canvas shop make me a set out of Sunbrella material.

Jesus_Freak
03-03-2010, 02:35 AM

Yes, I am aware of the denier concept, but dont have any idea what these are. Wish I could help. They seem ample, but this is my first experience with trailer pole pads.

TallRedRider
07-08-2010, 02:05 AM
So I busted a guide pole today. Windy day at the ramp and just had one of those moments:mad::mad: The pad is intact, but the PVC sleeve is broken.

The PVC is 1.5 inch diameter, but appears to be schedule 80 or even thinner. The regular 1.5 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe at Lowe's is substantially thicker, and it won't fit over the metal post. 2 inches is huge and would rattle, and also won't fit under the pads I have.

Where can I find replacement PVC?

Joseph
07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I had that prob. You won't find it in black. Found some at a plumbing supply warehouse. You may also find it at a well and pump supplier that also sells sprinklers. Used as a cheaper alt to sched 40 for sprinkler main lines. If your covering it with a sleeve, maybe the color won't matter though.
Good luck.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
So I busted a guide pole today. Windy day at the ramp and just had one of those moments:mad::mad: The pad is intact, but the PVC sleeve is broken.

The PVC is 1.5 inch diameter, but appears to be schedule 80 or even thinner. The regular 1.5 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe at Lowe's is substantially thicker, and it won't fit over the metal post. 2 inches is huge and would rattle, and also won't fit under the pads I have.

Where can I find replacement PVC?

Try your local MC dealer. I think that is where others have found it.

TallRedRider
07-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I had that prob. You won't find it in black. Found some at a plumbing supply warehouse. You may also find it at a well and pump supplier that also sells sprinklers. Used as a cheaper alt to sched 40 for sprinkler main lines. If your covering it with a sleeve, maybe the color won't matter though.
Good luck.

Black does not matter since I plan on keeping them covered. Thanks for the advice. I bet a dedicated sprinkler and hose place will have a wider variety.

I am afraid to ask my dealer how much it would cost. Real problem is that they are 300 miles from me.

Joseph
07-09-2010, 10:56 AM
it will definitly be cheaper. About 5 bucks for a 10 foot section. lol. The pain is in finding it. Hey, come to think of it, if you have trouble, I may even have a scrap piece from the new guide posts that I made, let me know and I can mail it to you. My brother in law made longer metal guides for me and I used the pvc to cover them and then used a 1.5 inch pvc cap to replace the 2 inch riveted retaining sleeve on top. I'd send pics but I'm at work.

petemcc
08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I've been searching for the MC trailer guide pads for weeks...
They are back in stock (logo'd)
http://www.mastercraftbydesign.com/index_834.asp

They look to be the same as the HD guides found at Mad Dog (earlier post) (not logo'd)
http://maddogproducts.com/HD_trailer_guides.html

Mag_Red
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I've been searching for the MC trailer guide pads for weeks...
They are back in stock (logo'd)
http://www.mastercraftbydesign.com/index_834.asp

They look to be the same as the HD guides found at Mad Dog (earlier post) (not logo'd)
http://maddogproducts.com/HD_trailer_guides.html I have a pair of custom embroidered guide pole covers with the logo on two sides of the cover. You won't ever have to worry about the letters rubbing off. As I no longer have the boat I'd let em go for ........$75.00 Cheap considering there are over 11,000 stitches per cover:)

MariStar-Man
08-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow! that's about .006818 Cents per thread... for both

That's a great deal :D

Mag_Red
08-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Wow! that's about .006818 Cents per thread... for both

That's a great deal :D:rolleyes: Actually your math is off............it's one long thread!!! It's .003409 per stitch as I'm selling Two covers.:D

Willski
09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
I got some guide pole covers from my local dealer. They seem loose to me. Anybody have trouble with them coming off?

russlars
09-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I got some guide pole covers from my local dealer. They seem loose to me. Anybody have trouble with them coming off?
Mine used to slide up while trailering so I put a zip tie at the bottom to attach them to the bracket bottom guide pole bracket.

east tx skier
09-25-2010, 02:13 PM
One advantage of the less than tight fit (assuming you get a nice tight pvc cap for the pole is that the pvc poles will float up in the water a bit when you back your trailer down. Helps keep things lined up.

carracer
09-25-2010, 04:06 PM
the HD guide pole covers I purchased from Mastercraft by Design are very loose. I hate to buy something new and have to rig something with a plastic tie. Thinking about returning them !!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else with this issue

Yellow X9
09-25-2010, 07:40 PM
I know the Texas MasterCraft dealer has them