PDA

View Full Version : My prostar is for sale

ntidsl
11-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Is $8k a little steep or are stars and stripes going for that? I'd love a project boat like that but not for $8k. Good luck! btw...wood or fiberglass stringers?

Jim@BAWS
11-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Is $8k a little steep or are stars and stripes going for that? I'd love a project boat like that but not for $8k. Good luck! btw...wood or fiberglass stringers?

FIBERGLASS

Jim@BAWS

Miss Rita
11-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I have at least 2500 extra in the last season I have owned it.

What did you do that cost $2500?

Sodar
11-02-2009, 02:52 PM
If you really want to get top dollar for the boat and $8000 is TOP dollar, you might want to clean the boat out, stage it up a bit and take some really good pics without crap laying on the floor, beer cans in the cupholders, etc.

Get some pics of the boat on the trailer, too.

Finnsdad
11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I agree with Sodar, think of like selling your house. Would you want peoples first impression to be your dirty underwear on the floor? Also, just because you paid top dollar a few years ago doesn't mean someone else will today. Lots of folks are out of work and selling toys.

Panda Cub
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Is that a fresh header lock bushing?

Don't listen to them, when I sell stuff I make sure all of my trash is still in it! My motto is buy high, and sell low!

Jerseydave
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
IMHO, ebay or wakeworld would be a better place to advertise this boat.

Or,

you could remove the tower and sell it seperately, but the holes in the deck are a problem for anyone who wants a classic MC.

BTW, it's not a prostar. :D

jwmiller
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
All good advice, but a little harsh.

John

JMann
11-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I agree with Sodar, 8k is TOP dollar for that boat. No one is going to offer top dollar when it appears you don't take care of it. I'm not saying you don't take care of it but posting a bunch of pics with S&$T all over doesn't look good. Get rid of the beer cans, water bottles, ropes, tools, vacuum it out before you take the pics.
You don't even mention how many hours are on it.

JMann
11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I didn't say you don't take good care of it I said “it appears” that way. When you are asking TOP dollar you should have pristine pics. Stage it a little, hide anything that doesn’t need to be in the boat.
I didn’t mean to offend you. I’ve only been on this forum for a year or so but it seems to me that most people on this forum takes good care of there boat.

Miss Rita
11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Stereo, Carpet, Had new trialer tires installed, rebuilt the hubs, Refinished the outside of the boat and installed new graphics, rebuilt the carb, complete tune up on motor, tinted the windows, and installed a duel battery set up with perko switch. I also had to buy new trans dip stick that was not priced vary nice over the 4th of july. I also had to repair the attach points for the teak and reinforce them. I also compeletly rewired the trailer and installed a seven round plug to fit my 2007 gmc.

Even though you spent a lot of money, a lot of that is maintenance that doesn't add to the intrinsic value of the boat. New tires, rebuilding the hubs, tune up, and a new tranny dip stick don't raise the sticker price.

From my personal point of view, I don't want a tower, and it would be a deal killer.(Personally, I don't like towers on the classic boats, but that's just me.)

Hopefully you can keep the boat and enjoy all the work and TLC you put into it.

BriEOD
11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Good luck with the sale. As has been said, I would be surprised if you got $8k for your boat. I sold my 87 in 2007 for $9k and it had a rebuilt long block with low hours, interior was perfect, had a serious stereo system, Johnson bimini, good clean fiberglass, with clean trailer and upgraded rims and tires. It wasn't factory mint, but clean and solid (see photos in my profile). You'd be hard pressed to find many 87s cleaner--also it was original.

Unfortunately, towers on those old S&S aren't very popular. That said, maybe you'll find someone who loves it. I'd at least call a glass guy and see how much they wanted to repair the holes. I guarantee that tower is worth more off the boat.

As Sodar said, spend some time cleaning and get some good photos coupled with a detailed listing of what you have done/spent money on. I think you could market this better.

Good luck.

justinglow
11-02-2009, 09:52 PM
BTW, it's not a prostar.

=Ubugme2;642163]Sorry "PRO STAR"...

He means the boat was never a prostar. Prostar's were not made until 1987. You have a Stars and Stripes or a Skier 19 I believe.

TMCNo1
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
BTW, it's not a prostar.

=Ubugme2;642163]Sorry "PRO STAR"...

He means the boat was never a prostar. Prostar's were not made until 1987. You have a Stars and Stripes or a Skier 19 I believe.

Right, the boat is a "19 Skier" model and the "Stars and Stripes" is the loving nickname given them because of the stripe around the hull with the decal stars inside the stripe. BTW, it's ProStar!