PDA

View Full Version : drivers seat slides on an 87 prostar

deereman
11-01-2009, 08:37 PM
the boat got taken apart this weekend to be reuphlostered, then recarpeted in spring. when i got the boat back, i noticed the seat slide was all rusted away. (especially bottom right is completely gone) can these be replaced? if so, where can they be found? i did a google search but couldnt find anything. thanks.

Miss Rita
11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I just bought new driver's side sliders from Bay Area Water Sports (you know, Jim@BAWS) for my '89 TriStar. They were $37 with shipping.

When I was repairing mine I found that the bottom of the seat was dished in so far that it impinged on the fore and aft movement. I reinforced it by cutting up my wife's polypropylene cutting board and using it as a spacer between the seat and the sliders.

deereman
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
do you mean the whole set, the ones that mount to seat and to the base?

Miss Rita
11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Everything you need cost me $37.90. I found my receipt, there wasn't a part number listed. It was $24.95 plus $12.95 S&H.

Send me a PM if you'd like.

deereman
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
thanks for the info

justinglow
11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I also ordered a set from BAWS. They are the exact ones.

Miss Rita
11-02-2009, 12:20 AM
justinglow is the one who tipped me off to getting new sliders from BAWS. My driver's seat now slides smoothly and perfectly. The only problem is that I won't be able to try it on the water for six months.

ksdaoski
03-21-2010, 08:21 PM
do you recall how all the pieces go back together? I took it apart, but didn't take enough mental notes on how the drivers side and sliders go back together!

Miss Rita
03-21-2010, 11:39 PM
The best advice I can give is to look at the picture that you posted above. The problem I had was that the bottom of the seat was concave, so I used a sheet of polypropylene as a reinforcement between the sliders and the seat bottom. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like.

ksdaoski
04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
The best advice I can give is to look at the picture that you posted above. The problem I had was that the bottom of the seat was concave, so I used a sheet of polypropylene as a reinforcement between the sliders and the seat bottom. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like.
If you don't mind, checking out my question below. Thanks for your help!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=34882