PDA

View Full Version : Ski Boats Unltd. in Chesapeake, VA

TEAL98
11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out for Danny at Ski Boats Unlimited, my local MasterCraft dealer down in the Virginia Beach area. Even though its been almost 2 months ago now that I bought my boat from him there, he was very knowledgeable and made the process of buying the boat extremely easy and stress-free! I would reccomend him to anybody that wants to buy a new or used MC! Danny if you're reading this, you're the best man! Even though I'm already trying to sell the boat, I'll definately be talking to you about my next one, thanks a bunch man!

bigmac
11-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out for Danny at Ski Boats Unlimited, my local MasterCraft dealer down in the Virginia Beach area. Even though its been almost 2 months ago now that I bought my boat from him there, he was very knowledgeable and made the process of buying the boat extremely easy and stress-free! I would reccomend him to anybody that wants to buy a new or used MC! Danny if you're reading this, you're the best man! Even though I'm already trying to sell the boat, I'll definately be talking to you about my next one, thanks a bunch man!

LOL. Kudos to Danny, but did he sell you the wrong boat?:)

D3skier
11-01-2009, 09:51 PM

LOL. Kudos to Danny, but did he sell you the wrong boat?:)

that's what I was just wondering too... just bought the boat 2 months ago and already selling it? I thought I was bad going 3 years then selling and upgrading

TEAL98
11-01-2009, 10:58 PM
lol, naahh, I've just been doing alot of reading on this site here (it's already marked as my homepage:D) and I've decided it's time to upgrade to a newer X-series boat. So uhh... maybe he did, but then again I just had to have that boat (like an idiot). I'll just hold onto it till april-may and try gettin $16-$17k for it. I'm asking $20k right now just to see if there's anyone that'll actually pay that for it. It's a nice boat, not a damn thing wrong with it except for those DAMN plastic plugs at the end of the exhaust manifolds... man what a PITA they turned out to be:rolleyes:

shepherd
11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I'll just hold onto it till april-may and try gettin $16-$17k for it. I'm asking $20k right now just to see if there's anyone that'll actually pay that for it.

Well, probably nobody who visits this web site will! ;)

I lived in Newport News once and don't remember much fresh water around there. Where do people ski around there? On the river or intracoastal? I knew some guys who used to ski at a creek off the James (this was a long time ago, before I started skiing myself).

TEAL98
11-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Honestly man, I'm not too sure, when I went on my demo with danny and houston (the owner), we went to some river that was actually rather narrow, that he (houston) wakeboarded at time and time again. Maybe about a mile and a half or so, up river, they even had bouys for the slalom course set up. I was pretty surprised! Can't recall the name of the river though. Where we put in at was probably 15-20 minutes from Tilden Ave. where Ski Boats Unltd is located, the ramp area is all gravel with the exception of the slip itself, and where you pay slip fees was like a little white run-down lookin' shed. That's about all I can tell ya:D Don't know much more

MCDriven
12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Danny, Brad & all the Ski Boats Unltd guys will treat you right. Bring my boat back from Lake Anna every year to have them winterize it. I give them my highest endorsement as well. Bought 3 boats from them in 4 years (but that's my continual desire to upgrade and change in needs, not bad advice from them).

KHall
12-07-2009, 08:28 PM
FYI, one of the best wakes ever can be obtained with a vdrive boat as old as 1999. Specifically the 205V,old Xstar/ old X2/X1 hull.

Gixxer
12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Their main mechanic is a great guy. I try to talk to him at all the shows in the area. I dont care for the guy that runs the place.