PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot200 Cover

LeeSki
10-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Great to see other 200 owners! I wonder if someone could help me. I just purchased a beautiful 1991 Barefoot 200. I skied off one 2 months ago and loved it. I want to get a Sunbrella cover for my gem. The company that makes covers for Overtons doesn't have the specs for the Barefoot 200. Will a 1990 200 Pro with a rope guard work? They have that listed. Any other suggestions: Pics coming soon. It's cold and rainy today. Lee

Jim@BAWS
10-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Great to see other 200 owners! I wonder if someone could help me. I just purchased a beautiful 1991 Barefoot 200. I skied off one 2 months ago and loved it. I want to get a Sunbrella cover for my gem. The company that makes covers for Overtons doesn't have the specs for the Barefoot 200. Will a 1990 200 Pro with a rope guard work? They have that listed. Any other suggestions: Pics coming soon. It's cold and rainy today. Lee

It might be similiar but not the same. There are a few differences. If you want to keep it
perfect invest the money in a good quality cover. You sent me this same post in a PM

Where are you in the NE. I have a very skilled cover person in NY?

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Jerseydave
10-28-2009, 06:05 PM
You could also try here

www.skiboatcovers.com

LeeSki
10-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks Jim. I'm on Long Island. I'll call your guy if he is close enough. I found skiboatcovers.com on other threads and checked it out. Mike was very helpful but he said he does not have the templates. I'm sending him pics.

Jerseydave
10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
L.I. huh? Welcome to Team Talk! I'm in central NJ, maybe only a couple hours from you.
That Barefoot 200 is a great boat for.....well.....BAREFOOTING! If you ever want to get together for some footin let me know.

I have a friend on LI with an '01 X-star, he wakeboards somewhere near Jones Beach I believe. Where do you ski?

Oh BTW, you have to post some pics of your boat. (It's pretty much required by your 3rd post! :) )

LeeSki
10-28-2009, 06:43 PM
He nj,

I ski on the northshore of LI with a bunch of 5:30AM HO boyz. Mostly in Oyster Bay. I live in Northport and ski in a protected cove called Duck Harbor. I taught myself how to barefoot there in 1970 with an AWSA pamphlet much to the amusement of my friends. I went to college at the University of Miami where I learned deep water and dock starts and Hydraulic Enemas (they didn't have barefoot suits yet and swim trunks were difficult to extract). I haven't been footing lately, but with the new boat... I'll get some pics tomorrow when the sun comes out. Keep in touch, we'll get together next summer.

atlfootr
10-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Lee,

I have a '93 w/ top, let me know if your still needing spec's and I'll send 'em to you from off of mine.