PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Question

GNAT87
10-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Looking to order a new head unit the week which will be the beginning of my winter audio install. Will the Clarion CDM series fit in my 1995 maristar 200 or should I stick with something like the M475(the slim shape old style)? I've done alot of searching and came up empty handed. My main thing is having good iPod control. Any opinions on what's the best Marine deck out there? The rest of the project will include 4 wetsounds pro 80's and a big amp and the EQ if that matters. Thanks in advance.

bbymgr
10-27-2009, 04:30 PM
I picked up the Alpine CDA-9886m this summer. It has a great Ipod interface and comes with 3 sets of 4 volt pre-amp outs. It is also compatible with the Alpine RF remotes. I got mine for $300, but I've seen them as low as $280.

Ski-me
10-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I originally purchased the M475 Clarion Unit and added the Ipod adaptor cable. It worked nice and sounded good but found it was a little difficult to navigate the Ipod itself.

Because I have an Alpine deck in my truck, the marine Alpine unit (above) was very easy for me to navigate because they are so similar. It does cost more than the Clarion but I bit the bullet and got it.

If cost is a concern, I still have my Clarion unit for sale. I'd go for $150 or so (including the Ipod adaptor). Let me know if you are interested. It's in "like new" condition. Only used for a few months.

If cost is not much of a concern, I would go for the Alpine. I am very happy with it.

GNAT87
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. It looks like im going to go the Alpine route now, but I do appreciate the offer Ski-me. That sounds like a great price though. Just the info I was looking for!