PDA

View Full Version : For the U2 fans......

Ski-me
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
U2 360 2009-2010 concert.......

http://www.youtube.com/u2official

My wife surprised me and we went to the concert in Oklahoma. What a great concert! They now have the whole thing on YouTube.

park190
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Am jealous, Ski-me! We've seen them in concert a few times as well, and have been fans since their inception. They always put on a great show. Thanks for sharing the link!

c_craig
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Saw them in Chicago opening night in the US a few weeks ago. First time U2 for me and I loved it. I was in Vegas this weekend, and they played UNLV. Tried to get tix, but it was too pricey. Great show.

jaysus
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Saw both shows here in Boston in Sept.
They announced dates for the 2nd leg of the US tour today...see below.

6 June, 2010 Anaheim CA US Angel Stadium
12 June, 2010 Denver CO US Invesco Field
16 June, 2010 Oakland CA US Oakland Coliseum
20 June, 2010 Seattle WA US Qwest Field
23 June, 2010 Edmonton CA Commonwealth Stadium
30 June, 2010 East Lansing MI US Spartan Stadium
3 July, 2010 Toronto ON CA Rogers Centre
6 July, 2010 Chicago IL US Soldier Field
9 July, 2010 Miami FL US Land Shark Stadium
12 July, 2010 Philadelphia PA US Lincoln Financial Field
16 July, 2010 Montreal QC CA Venue
19 July, 2010 New York NY US New Meadowlands Stadium

Ski-me
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Yea, it was a blast for sure. Tickets are scary expensive though. I couldn't believe it actually.

I'd say this was my second favorite concert.

The Joshua Tree tour in Vancouver BC was my first. Although, I was much more of a U2 fan back then (High School). I followed them religiously and had so many rare recordings it was rediculous.

We saw the Zoo Tour in Seattle and my wife and I basically walked away scratching our heads. I guess I didn't like the Zoo music too much so I didn't enjoy it as much. Now their music is different and harder to really get into it. They have a lot of great songs.....but my favorites are basically Joshua Tree and older.

Seems to have more pasion on the earlier music (in my opinion).

I will say, Black Eyed Peas were pretty fun too! An amazing amount of bass!! Just incredible!!

LaRue
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Saw U2 back in late 80's Awesome! Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum stuff. Lost some interest during the Zoo Tour years but after buying the Vertigo Tour DVD last summer, I thought it would be awesome to take my son. Might have to look at the Chicago show next summer.

Patrick Hardy
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Yea, it was a blast for sure. Tickets are scary expensive though. I couldn't believe it actually.

I'd say this was my second favorite concert.

The Joshua Tree tour in Vancouver BC was my first. Although, I was much more of a U2 fan back then (High School). I followed them religiously and had so many rare recordings it was ridiculous.

We saw the Zoo Tour in Seattle and my wife and I basically walked away scratching our heads. I guess I didn't like the Zoo music too much so I didn't enjoy it as much. Now their music is different and harder to really get into it. They have a lot of great songs.....but my favorites are basically Joshua Tree and older.

Seems to have more passion on the earlier music (in my opinion).

I will say, Black Eyed Peas were pretty fun too! An amazing amount of bass!! Just incredible!!

I am of the same thinking, I first saw them back in the early 80's and what great shows and passion. I guess that like all things with age comes change, some good / some bad.
I was also at the Joshua Tree tour in Vancouver BC, and I am going to the show there tomorrow night. It should be a great comparison of the two, twenty some odd years apart.