PDA

View Full Version : Interesting??

deereman
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Saw this at farm and fleet today, never seen something like this before. there were a whole bunch of them on the shelf. I thought airguide was out of business.:confused:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=att&th=1248e36122177a5e

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Saw this at farm and fleet today, never seen something like this before. there were a whole bunch of them on the shelf. I thought airguide was out of business.:confused:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=att&th=1248e36122177a5e

We need more info, pictures, links, something.

deereman
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
don't have anything else, but i'll look next time I go back there. what else are you looking for?

edit--didn't know you couldnt see the picture

ski_king
10-25-2009, 09:47 PM
We, at least me, can't see your photo. Looks like you got it linked to your gmail account.

medicmoose
10-25-2009, 10:00 PM
There's nothing showing.....hmmmm, that is interesting! 8p

deereman
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
sorry, didn't know you guys couldnt see it. i was trying to make it coz sized and it didn't work like I wanted it to:(

coz
10-25-2009, 10:10 PM
sorry, didn't know you guys couldnt see it. i was trying to make it coz sized and it didn't work like I wanted it to

It's good to be big....chicks dig it :D

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Ok, lets see how this works,
You went to farm and fleet today, found some Airguide Speedometers on the shelf and you thought that was strange because, you thought Airguide was out of business.
Now the questions,
1) How many?
2) Cost?
3) Were they the 0 to 50 mph tournament type?
4) Did you buy all of them and put them up for sale?
5) Do you have pictures?

If not, the next question,
6) What are you trying to tell us?

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Ok, lets see how this works,
You went to farm and fleet today, found some Airguide Speedometers on the shelf and you thought that was strange because, you thought Airguide was out of business.
Now the questions,
1) How many?
2) Cost?
3) Were they the 0 to 50 mph tournament type?
4) Did you buy all of them and put them up for sale?
5) Do you have pictures?

If not, the next question,
6) What are you trying to tell us?

Nevermind all of the above, I've got a GPS to use to find my way home.

deereman
10-25-2009, 10:23 PM
not trying to sell you guys anything, just the compass caught my attention because of all the discussion that goes on here about the airguides. i thought they were out of business, so i was curious if someone finally bought the name and is now manufacturing again.

ski_king
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
My guess is somebody bought up the trade name and is marketing a few simular items to what used to be in the product line such as compass. etc. I am sure that compass was made in China.

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 10:33 PM
My guess is somebody bought up the trade name and is marketing a few simular items to what used to be in the product line such as compass. etc. I am sure that compass was made in China.

Does that mean, everytime you get lost, you find your way back to China?:rolleyes::D

ski_king
10-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Does that mean, everytime you get lost, you find your way back to China?:rolleyes::D

hmmm, maybe..... but north is north........unless you are too far north

Chicago190
10-25-2009, 10:38 PM

No, if you'll notice, the package clearly indicates it is an "adjustable" compass.

Now, what the point of an adjustable compass is, I'm not quite sure. Seems to me the purpose of a compass is that it isn't adjustable.

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 10:40 PM

Airguide was a instrument company and these are probably some that someone still has in stock or something, http://www.spyfu.com/Term.aspx?t=76419
There is a lot of answers in the different "View Site" links.

ski_king
10-25-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20426703886

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
No, if you'll notice, the package clearly indicates it is an "adjustable" compass.

Now, what the point of an adjustable compass is, I'm not quite sure. Seems to me the purpose of a compass is that it isn't adjustable.

Could be NASCAR drivers use the adjustable compass and that's the reason they go round in circles!:rolleyes:

Miss Rita
10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Only cheap compasses aren't adjustable.

Magnetic north and true north aren't always the same direction. It also varies depending on your location on the planet.

deereman
10-25-2009, 11:08 PM
It's good to be big....chicks dig it :D

so maybe theres some pills to make my pictures bigger!:rolleyes::D

88 PS190
10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I think the "airguide" compass is a model name .

This seems to be the distributor, and several other sites list "custom accessories" as the mfg.

http://www.causa.com/store/catalog.asp?item=3889&navParent_id=108&category_id=110

So I think its "airguide" But not the airguide that made our speedo.

TMCNo1
10-25-2009, 11:47 PM
I think the "airguide" compass is a model name .

This seems to be the distributor, and several other sites list "custom accessories" as the mfg.

http://www.causa.com/store/catalog.asp?item=3889&navParent_id=108&category_id=110

So I think its "airguide" But not the airguide that made our speedo.
The logo is identical.

Kingsley X-1
10-26-2009, 03:42 AM
like W T F man...whats going on???

JimN
10-26-2009, 07:16 AM

There's always something that carries current or is made of metal that can skew a compass, so it's often necessary to correct it.

bobx1
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
#1 - how do you know it needs to be adjusted?

#2 - if for some reason you find the answer to #1, what do you use to benchmark for the adjusment (another compass, a GPS, an educated wild a$$ guess, line of site, the moon, the sun, the stars, etc.)?

#3 - if you use another compass or GPS to make the adjustment, what is the purpose of purchasing the adjustable compass in the first place?

signed

Just Curious

TMCNo1
10-26-2009, 01:09 PM

#2 - if for some reason you find the answer to #1, what do you use to benchmark for the adjusment (another compass, a GPS, an educated wild a$$ guess, line of site, the moon, the sun, the stars, etc.)?

#3 - if you use another compass or GPS to make the adjustment, what is the purpose of purchasing the adjustable compass in the first place?

signed

Just Curious

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, to be able to see the direction that Santa Claus come from?:rolleyes::D

88 PS190
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
You use the sun of course. Or detailed maps and align and see if you get the right direction.

I'm not disputing the logo, I just think that this new Airguide compass is a cheapo using the logo.

Don't expect new airguide speedos to show up on the market.

JimN
10-26-2009, 01:28 PM

signed

Just Curious

#1 Well, if it's like the one that we put in my parents' car and was affected by one of the front speakers, it showed North when we were heading West. Pretty much a no-brainer.

#2 On a compass like this, absolute accuracy isn't necessary, or possible, so parking on a street that is known to be due North is close enough. Otherwise, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with an iPhone or GPS, so flagging someone down shouldn't be too hard.

#3 I would hate to drop an iPhone or GPS in the water. Why use something expensive when "close enough" will do. It's not as if we're crossing a big lake or the ocean on a ski boat.