PDA

View Full Version : The NHL

MarkP
10-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Did I miss the "Official" NHL thread:o

canadianskier
10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
no, I don`t think you missed it, it just never started. Me being from Canada most of us live and breath hockey, and Iam a big fan. But hockey is just not that big of a deal in the USA I think. If Iam wrong let me know.

MarkP
10-25-2009, 01:00 AM
I would never say you are wrong!:cool:! I just got home from the game and we got spanked but kept Brodeur from a shutout..

André
10-25-2009, 08:00 AM
I just got home from the game and we got spanked ...

Too much French Canadians in that team...;)
Fleury wasn't at his best for sure and Brodeur is realy going for the shutouts record these days...
Would take Crosby over Ovechkin any day of the week and twice on week end.Better TEAM player IMO and a gentleman.

/Flame suit on!

Covi
10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Since the strike a few years back it has never been the same. Can't say that's a bad thing.

MarkP
10-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Maybe you guys could talk about this NHL stuff over the winter. I know the water in PA freezes so “WTH”?

Gentleman for sure André. I agree.

That Brodeur is tough to score on. Pens are going to mis Gonch in a big way! He is just SO big on the blue line. That new (to us) guy, Jay Mckee is or at least seems to play really smart. A lot of talent in the NHL and being from Pittsburgh I don’t have to worry about watching baseball..

I get to a handful of games a year. I brought my oldest girl to her first game last weekend, the TB game. She has been watching hockey for a few years. She is really hooked now.

Jorski
10-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Hey MarkP,

Sad, downtrodden, life long leaf fan and season ticket holder here...:eek:

Jet
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Jorski,

The last thing I would want to be is a Leafs fan, ever.

Not better in Montreal, but at least they came back with 3 in a row.

Good idea this thread !

MarkP
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Jorski, Gotta support the team!! No matter how ugly

Jorski
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
ahhhh, Puddy!

Maybe more like this guy!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/39133/51e2nry80jl._ss500_.jpg

*note: the price is a play on the last time the Leaf's won the cup...1967

MarkP
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
They just need to skate more?? Just a little better conditioning to keep them rolling through the whole game. That and discipline..
I don’t get to see the Leaf’s a lot. What is it? A Coaching issue.

ProStar200
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
They just need to skate more?? Just a little better conditioning to keep them rolling through the whole game. That and discipline..
I don’t get to see the Leaf’s a lot. What is it? A Coaching issue.
Unfortunately it is an everything issue. Coaching, defence and the lack of scoring. I am a Sens fan, can't say much for last season but the Team is looking much better this season.

wats218
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Flyers fan over here. We would be doing really well if we knew how to finish games.

Jorski
10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
MarkP...

Re: Leafs...they have maybe one forward who is true top 6 NHL forward (Phil Kessel) and he is hurt. shoulder injury, out until mid-november. Even when he is back, there is no 1st line center on this roster. Over the last two years they have lost or traded Mats Sundin, Kyle Wellwood, Nik Antropov, Darcy Tucker and Domonic Moore without getting decent replacements.

In net, their number 1 goalie (Vesa Toskala) has been weak. The back-up/goalie of the future, Gustaavson has been hurt.

On D, they lack the skill, puck movement and point production from their top 4 to stand a chance. Luke Schenn, one of the top rookies last year has struggled. Mike Komiserik has been brutal and Francois Beauchemin has been a turnover machine.

On the other hand, my son's minor atom team is 7-1-1 and just won the Little Ceaser's AAA tournament in Michigan. They could teach the Leafs a few things!;)

canadianskier
10-27-2009, 10:39 AM
hey the cup is coming to toronto, the leafs won a game.

Jorski
10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Parade route planned...

scott023
10-27-2009, 01:44 PM
MarkP...

Re: Leafs...they have maybe one forward who is true top 6 NHL forward (Phil Kessel) and he is hurt. shoulder injury, out until mid-november. Even when he is back, there is no 1st line center on this roster. Over the last two years they have lost or traded Mats Sundin, Kyle Wellwood, Nik Antropov, Darcy Tucker and Domonic Moore without getting decent replacements.

In net, their number 1 goalie (Vesa Toskala) has been weak. The back-up/goalie of the future, Gustaavson has been hurt.

On D, they lack the skill, puck movement and point production from their top 4 to stand a chance. Luke Schenn, one of the top rookies last year has struggled. Mike Komiserik has been brutal and Francois Beauchemin has been a turnover machine.

On the other hand, my son's minor atom team is 7-1-1 and just won the Little Ceaser's AAA tournament in Michigan. They could teach the Leafs a few things!;)

There's the Leafs problem... there is only one top 4 forward on your list, and you're going back more than a few years. :D

André
10-27-2009, 09:16 PM
I didn't know Toronto still had a team...:firejump:;)

Jorski
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
andre...that hurts brother!;)

scott023
10-28-2009, 12:32 AM

They do, and you know what? The last time they opened the season with this many consecutive losses they won the Cup... who knows?

LOL... NOT going to happen.

MarkP
10-28-2009, 08:34 AM
I see Hockey brings all the “best” out in some of us!:rolleyes:! What sort of talk is that? HeII that’s Phillie talk!;)!

Ah, LOL!!

captain planet
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Dumb question here......what network is carring NHL games? :o I would like to watch, but where can I see them? ESPN, ESPN2?

ski_king
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Versus has some as well as some of the local Fox Sports Channels.

I believe there may be another network that carries some. I believe NBC carried some of the playoffs last year.

MarkP
10-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Dumb question here......what network is carring NHL games? :o I would like to watch, but where can I see them? ESPN, ESPN2?

I see them on FSN the NHL network and sometimes on Verses. I’m not sure what network is available in your market. Columbus plays the pens tonight I am sure that you can HEAR it (and all Pens games) at this local station http://www.1059thex.com/main.html (http://www.1059thex.com/main.html) by selecting the listen live button at game time..

So if you cant find a place to see it at least give it a listen.. Pittsburgh haters may get a Kick out of the next few weeks of Pens Hockey as we will be testing our teams depth at both defense and offence..

Oh, and if you “listen Live” at that link, Weekdays at 3 eastern time you can hear Mark Madden the “super genius” talk about sports between songs. He is an abrasive wind-bag .. But funny sometimes.

Jet
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
If you got to Hooters, you can catch hockey games.

MarkP
11-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I’m not sure if they have Hooters in that part of Ohio. Captain Planet, djew catch a game yet?

The Penguins got a good spankin from the Kings last night.

bcampbe7
11-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Hard to find on TV because it is so boring to watch. They just can't get the ratings here in the States. Nothing better to do in the cold Canadian Winters than watch hockey and drink Molson. :D

zzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppp (flame suit on)

PT 1999 ProStar
11-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Brass bonanza!!!!!

captain planet
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I’m not sure if they have Hooters in that part of Ohio. Captain Planet, djew catch a game yet?

The Penguins got a good spankin from the Kings last night.

No hooters close to me.

I have been pretty busy lately and haven't watched ANY TV for about 2 weeks. I'm going to start looking to see where I can catch games. Versus isn't available on my local cable provider.

cdstukey
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM

Versus - east coast games start at 7:30 pm ET west coast games at 10:30 pm ET, usually Monday - Wednesday. NBC will pick up games and Saturday afternoons in about April. Other than that the centre ice package has most other games. NHL is negotiating again with ESPN for broadcast rights next season on a limited basis.