PDA

View Full Version : Too Anal???

bobx1
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
On Friday, I picked up my boat from her annual winterization and noticed a X45 sitting in the boat yard without a cover and the interior looked horrible (stains, mildew, etc.). I thought that it was a shame that someone would treat their boat that way. On Saturday, I spent most of the day cleaning my boat before putting it in storage and started to wonder if I was too anal and was curious if most owners of Mastercraft boats were just as anal so I mentally put together a check list to gauge my “analness”. Here is what I have come up with so far….

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No)

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No)

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No)

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No)

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No)

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)?

TMCNo1
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I wash my boat after every use – (No) Just a couple wipe downs with a damp towel after a day trip.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes, thank God for Dustbusters!)

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes)

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes)

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes, Pledge Furniture Polish)

I wash my interior carpet – (never)

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (once a year)

I clean and treat my teak - (once a year, usually)

I wax my boat – (once a year, during the off season)

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never, but we do wax and Pledge Furniture Polish the black fiberglass dash)

I wash underneath my boat - (once a year, only if it's been in the water for more than a day or after a extended tow trip with rain.)

I wax underneath my boat - (once a year, during the off season)

I Armor All my trailer tires - (after every trip to the lake, after wiping the wheels and tires down with a damp towel)

I wash my trailer – (Only after a extended towing trip)

I wax my trailer – (once a year, during the off season, especially the fenders)

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? (You don't even want to know, but Yes)

You never get a second chance to make a First Impression and it's only new once, but you can keep it like new if you have any pride whatsoever in what you have worked hard to get and keep!

bigmac
10-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I wash my boat after every use – no. sits in a boat lift...too hard

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - I have a portable vacuum cleaner hanging under the canopy on my lift. I've used it once.

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - No.

My engine looks like it is brand new - (No)

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - No. People clean their bilges?

I wash my interior carpet – I have the boat detailed every year. Not sure if they clean the carpet or not, but it looks pretty good.

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – every so often. Hasn't stopped the vinyl from splitting at the seams.

I clean and treat my teak - wouldn't own a boat with a teak platform. (actually, I DO own a boat with some teak trim - that's how I know I have no interest in having it on my ski boat).

I wax my boat – I think they wax it when they detail it.

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - there's fiberglass under the seats?

I wash underneath my boat - I'd have to ask the guy that details it.

I wax underneath my boat - I'd have to ask the guy that details it.

I Armor All my trailer tires - Never
I wash my trailer – Never

I wax my trailer – :D:D

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)

My job demands a high level of attention to detail, has nothing to do with my recreational vehicles.

DooSPX
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) about every 3-5 uses

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) but i wouldnt do it. :)

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)

ski_king
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) Wipe down

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) when it needs it, 12 volt vacuum is in the boat under the seat at all times.

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) 5 second rule applies here

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) when it needs it

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) and touch up as needed

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) trailer needs a referb, no use waxing rust....

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)?

. .

dpolen
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)...you won't believe all the crap that gets tracked into my boat from beaching it on the island and letting the kids run around like indians with all kinds of food

kkkeating
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
I wash my boat after every use – No, it’s on a lift. Maybe wipe it down. Wash it down with water and soap and then rinse with water? Why, it’s been in the water getting rinsed all day?

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use – No, but will sweep with a small brush and dust pan if crumbs are spilled.
I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use – No, will wash the windows when they get dirty, but not every time.

My engine looks like it is brand new - Yes

You could eat off the bilge of my boat – No, but try to clean it once a year.

I wash my interior carpet – once a year.

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – once a year

I clean and treat my teak - once a year

I wax my boat – once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - once a year

I wash underneath my boat - (once a year)
I wax underneath my boat - (never)

I Armor All my trailer tires – once every couple of years.

I wash my trailer –never

flipper
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
I wash my boat after every use – Wipe it down

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - if it's dirty

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - babes

My engine looks like it is brand new -looks good, but not new

You could eat off the bilge of my boat -Sure why not, but it's not that clean

I wash my interior carpet – When it's dirty

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – pretty much every trip

I clean and treat my teak - When it needs it, about once a year

I wax my boat –Once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - never have

I wash underneath my boat - Wipe it down in the water sometimes

I wax underneath my boat - every other year

I Armor All my trailer tires -sometimes

I wash my trailer – wipe it down after every use

I wax my trailer – never

Skipper
10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
My boat is a huge investment. I have to take care of it to make it last. I can't believe when I see nice ski boats left on the water (uncovered) for months, left trailered (uncovered) all year, never cleaned.

LaRue
10-19-2009, 02:56 PM
On Friday, I picked up my boat from her annual winterization and noticed a X45 sitting in the boat yard without a cover and the interior looked horrible (stains, mildew, etc.). I thought that it was a shame that someone would treat their boat that way. On Saturday, I spent most of the day cleaning my boat before putting it in storage and started to wonder if I was too anal and was curious if most owners of Mastercraft boats were just as anal so I mentally put together a check list to gauge my “analness”. Here is what I have come up with so far….

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No)- wipe down and if dirty after trip back home- yes
I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No)- if needed

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No)- Yes

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No)- Yes

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No)- Yes

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)- I did this year and think i might have took some of the color out- most liekly won't again

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)- Fiberglass

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)- 2-3 times

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) [/COLOR] (more than once a year)

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)- always with boat

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? most things and as others have said, our boat is a major investement in $$ but also in memories so i want to keep in looking good. Feel i am repsonsible for maintianing it well and keeping it looking as sharp as possible. The challenge is to put the work in and not let that hinder the enjoyment the teenagers get out it. Bought it to use, not to keep perfect.

Hollywood
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
no for all.

east tx skier
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) (wipe down)

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) (as needed)

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) Manual says (or used to say) specifically not to use windex or the like. I use water.

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) (pretty close, but rust on the manifolds)

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) as in soap and water. Usually just wipe down.

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) (wipe down regularly)

I figure I'm more anal than some, but not close to the record holder.

woftam
10-19-2009, 03:32 PM

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) when needed

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) water

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) OB Yamaha engine cover needs touching up. Mechanically looks near new

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) Yes, you can if you like, but not me

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) fenders

btriantos
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) YES

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) YES
I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) YES
My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) YES
You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) YES
I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) once/twice

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERY TIME

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYIME
I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) (once a year completely, but everytime, I do the most of the bow to chine
I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) EVERYTIME
So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? Yes, I am anal about a lot of things

Welcome to the freak show!

Yellow X9
10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No)-Quick Detail

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No)well maybe

Craig
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
If you wash your entire boat every time you use it you do not use your boat enough or have way to much time on your hands, IMHO.

I wipe down every time out.

Wax, 303, and general clean up twice a year.

Vacuum as needed (usually every 8-10 outings)

Clean the trailer as needed (rinse every 4-5 outings)

Only restored the teak once so far but will likely do it once a year.

I seem to be on the low end of anal relative to this board but I would never leave a boat outside uncovered for significant periods of time.

vandit0022
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) Every single time! Even if it's the next day.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes)

My engine looks like it is brand new - (No) Isn't filthy

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (No) Thats gross regardless.

I wash my interior carpet – (once a year) At storage time.

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – Every time I clean it. Clean, then Protect.

I clean and treat my teak - N/A

I wax my boat – (more than once a year) Twice if it's really getting used. It's black.

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (once a year)

I wash underneath my boat - (more than once a year) Almost every time.

I wax underneath my boat - (once a year)

I Armor All my trailer tires - (more than once a year) Every wash.

I wash my trailer – (more than once a year) Every wash, it's right there, just do it.

I wax my trailer – (never) Ok I don't do that.....but maybe I should.

Only thing that comes close is the truck and during the summer that takes a back seat to the boat. :confused: I'm exhausted thinking about all of this work. I think I spend more time cleaning than enjoying sometimes.

SunCoast 83
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) Every other use

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) Its a 1983..maybe someday

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) washed and spray wax

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Three times a year

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) 2x per year. Oil after every use. boat sits in a garage with a cover, so it lasts a long time.

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Spray wax after every use. Compound wax three times a year

I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)...I should. only all the visable parts from the trailer

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) after every use

Spray wax ther trailer fenders each use. Compound three times per year

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

Yes..OCD

bobx1
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Looks like I am comfortably in the middle (maybe slightly higher) of the anal meter with Btriantos at the upper end. My wife and a neighbor reminded me that I was pretty anal while cleaning the boat this weekend. Not sure if a support group would be in order or not.

kbob
10-20-2009, 11:48 AM
As long as your "Enjoying the boat to cleaning" ratio stays above the "cleaning to enjoying" ratio...then the enjoying should suffice as your therapy! :)

starman205
10-20-2009, 11:50 AM
bobx1, This forum is the only support group that you need!!! :D

starman205
10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (NO) I do wipe it down after every use.

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

David4MCSammyDuvall
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No)YES

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) NO

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) YES

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) YES

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) YES

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Once a year

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Once a year

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Once a year

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Never

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Once a year

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Never

norris_ps205
10-21-2009, 09:11 AM
I wash my boat after every use – Wipe it down when it's in the water...wash it when I pull it out.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - No

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - Wipe it down

My engine looks like it is brand new - Almost

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - Not quite

I wash my interior carpet – More than once a year

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – More than once a year

I clean and treat my teak - NA - Fiberglass platform

I wax my boat – More than once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - Everytime I wax

I wash underneath my boat - Everytime I wash it

I wax underneath my boat - Everytime I wax it

I Armor All my trailer tires - More than once a year

I wash my trailer – More than once a year

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)Once a year

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)?Yes!

Panda Cub
10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
sounds like that guy who left the x45 out like that has waaaaaay to much money if he can treat his boat like that.

downtime
10-21-2009, 03:55 PM

I wash my boat after every use – Wipe down

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - NO, maybe twice a year

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - NO

My engine looks like it is brand new - Nowhere close

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - Its so nasty, I don't even like to keep skis in the locker.

I wash my interior carpet – Haven't yet

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – Nope, should though.

I clean and treat my teak - Need to, just not enough time

I wax my boat – Once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - Nope

I wash underneath my boat - Only when I wash it.

I wax underneath my boat - Only when I wax it.

I Armor All my trailer tires - Nope.

I wash my trailer – Only when I wash the boat.

I wax my trailer – WHAT? Its a trailer. A tool for carrying boat to and from water.

I used to be anal about a lot of things, vehicles at least. That was before kids. As long as everything is maintained properly (by me, I am anal about that) and reliable, I'm good. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is broke, fix it soon and properly. However, no one will ever see anything of mine in the condition of the X45 you spoke about.

Muttley
10-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (No) Wipe it down, open all cushions to dry it

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (No) When needed

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (No) when needed

My engine looks like it is brand new - (No) Not quite. I keep it pretty clean, tho'

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (No)

I wash my interior carpet – (once a year)

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (twice a year)

I clean and treat my teak - (once a year)

I wax my boat – (twice a year)

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (there's fiberglass under there??)

I wash underneath my boat - (once a year)

I wax underneath my boat - (never)

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) Armor All drys out the rubber. I use Eagle One Tire shine once a year.

I wash my trailer – (more than once a year)

I wax my trailer – (never)

My friends think I'm pretty anal. I have some rules (no shoes, no messes, check pockets). I adopt a "clean as you go" approach. Other areas? Just my truck and my motorcycle... and my garage is locked and I have the only key!

deereman
10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) it sits in the water in the boathouse all summer

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) whenever it gets a little dirty

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No)when it gets water spotted, but put some rain-x on and it is NICE!

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) its new but the person who installed the new one before we bought it did a horrible job!

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) Is kinda coated in tranny fluid from a tranny failure and don't really know how to ever get it all out

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) the carpet is in horrible shape

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) the upholstery is torn and cracked everywhere

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year)when it comes out in fall

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) its got a good coating of lake skum on it even though the water is crystal clear:confused:

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) it sits in the shed all the time

wish it did look like new! its getting new carpet and upholstery this winter, so that'll help. But between rubbing on the pier and being in the boathouse(in the water, not on lift) , its hard to keep it like new!:mad: hopefully, with a little more work, i can get it somewhat close to looking like all of yours!

wakesurfer
10-21-2009, 07:08 PM
I have a 2001 19 proline sports center console have always taken care of it and it still looks good after 8 plus years of fishing and playing in salt water, only because i am anal about it. Plan to b that way with my mc 1995 190.

acornellier
10-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I clean mine from top to bottom after each use,including the trailer.And keep covered and under a custom built car port in my drive way.If it starts to rain I put the boat up.Never like to drive it while raining.I make everyone take off their shoes before coming on the boat,no food allowed,no jewery allowed(rings and braclets scratch the gel coat),no dirty feet or hands.no chewing gum or smoking allowed.I do vacuum the carpets and if wet I pull them out to dry in the garage.All cup holders get cleaned,a even spray Lysol under the seats and bilge area.You could eat off my boat and it's three years old now and still looks new.

TMCNo1
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
bobx1, This forum is the only support group that you need!!! :D

If that's the case, the entire membership here needs a session with DrPhil in the Superdome!

woftam
10-22-2009, 05:37 PM
If that's the case, the entire membership here needs a session with DrPhil in the Superdome!

Or maybe Dr. Feel? Check him out on Sesame Street. ;)

bobx1
10-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I clean mine from top to bottom after each use,including the trailer.And keep covered and under a custom built car port in my drive way.If it starts to rain I put the boat up.Never like to drive it while raining.I make everyone take off their shoes before coming on the boat,no food allowed,no jewery allowed(rings and braclets scratch the gel coat),no dirty feet or hands.no chewing gum or smoking allowed.I do vacuum the carpets and if wet I pull them out to dry in the garage.All cup holders get cleaned,a even spray Lysol under the seats and bilge area.You could eat off my boat and it's three years old now and still looks new.

Congratulations, I think you may have taken the prize. I am married with 3 boys (22, 18, 13) and my wife would not allow me to be that anal (no food, jewelry, shoes, etc.). I can be as anal as I want when cleaning but it has taken years of training by the wife and kids for me to temper my "analness" when on the water (but not while docking or loading/unloading - I will be as anal as I want in those situations) because we are out there to have fun. TMC#1 is arranging some type of group thing (I think counseling) for all of us.

TMCNo1
10-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Congratulations, I think you may have taken the prize. I am married with 3 boys (22, 18, 13) and my wife would not allow me to be that anal (no food, jewelry, shoes, etc.). I can be as anal as I want when cleaning but it has taken years of training by the wife and kids for me to temper my "analness" when on the water (but not while docking or loading/unloading - I will be as anal as I want in those situations) because we are out there to have fun. TMC#1 is arranging some type of group thing (I think counseling) for all of us.

It's called OCMCARDD (Obcessive Compulsive MasterCraft Anal Retentive Dysfunctional Disorder) and is treated only by reading any rodltg2 post!:rolleyes::D

454Prostar190
10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
This is how I do it!

I wash my boat after every use – (Yes)

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes but, at times it's before we go out again)

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes)

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (I clean where I can)

I wash my interior carpet – (more than once a year...if needed)

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (more than once a year)

I clean and treat my teak - (more than once a year)

I wax my boat – (more than once a year)

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (more than once a year)

I wash underneath my boat - (more than once a year)

I wax underneath my boat - (once a year)

I Armor All my trailer tires - (more than once a year)

I wash my trailer – (more than once a year)

I wax my trailer – (more than once a year... I have chrome fenders)

Yes, sometimes too anal and yes, it spills over.... I've taken the billet wheels off of the truck to polish the insides of the wheels:(! I couldn't help it and it had been bothering me for a while! lol

ggroller
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
My boat is in fine condition and wouldn't leave it sitting out in the rain, etc. Although, I have been known to ski in the rain.

Having said that, I'd rather be hanging onto a tow rope rippin' it through the course than spit shining my boat.

But, to each his own.

downtime
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM

A day on the water with you sounds like a BARREL of fun. :rolleyes: DON'T TALK!!! YOU MIGHT GET SALIVA ON THE SEATS!!!! A MATTER OF FACT, QUIT BREATHING!!! IF THE SEATS DON'T SMELL LIKE NEW THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY!!!! Who wants to go first? EASY WITH THE ROPE, IT MIGHT SCRATCH THE PYLON!!! LET ME DO IT!!

Monte
10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I Just wash the whole F'n thing once every three years. No crevice is spared.

Finnsdad
10-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Everytime I see this thread title my mind wanders....

Tlxstar
10-23-2009, 09:21 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) Boat sits on a lift so it is too difficult.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) Carpet is vacuumed 2 - 3 x / year

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) Not sure I would want to even if it was spotless

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) I am SUPER anal about this - am constantly cleaning the vinyl

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) I don't have teak on my current MC

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Waxes 1x / yr with Meguiar's and several times with Babes

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) I only trailer it in May and Oct when the boat goes in and out of the water

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? Does exend to my car -- can't stand to have it dirty. Thank goodness for the local carwash

wakesurfer
10-29-2009, 04:22 PM

I like your attitude, and am going to try and implement that style on my boat, let me know if your boat is ever for sale down the road..!

vandit0022
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
(edit)(edit)

TayMC197
11-04-2009, 01:59 AM
I do everything on the list. I'm probably guilty of even talking dirty to my boat. J/K I actually clean my boat while its on the water in use. Try to throw a beer can half full in that bad boy and I'll do some Matrix move and pull your heart through your @$$. I'm very anal and have even yelled at people for being disrespectful. I need to calm just a tad but I have too much time in it to let someone ruin it.

DooSPX
11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
im with you Tay! lol

shepherd
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) N/A I never use my boat. It would get dirty.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) No. The bristles on the vacuum will damage the fibers in the carpet.

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) No. It's too hard to get under the shrink wrap to get to the windshield.

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) Yes. It's never even had fuel or oil in it.

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) Yeah, right. No ****ing food is going to touch my bilge.

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Whenever I find a foreign substance on it.

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Never.

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Weekly. It's like therapy for me.

I wax my boat – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Now that's just dumb. :rolleyes:

I wash underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) More than once a year

I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) I said I wax the boat more than once a year. Duh! :rolleyes:

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A I don't have a trailer. My boat rests on a special cushioned cradle in my garage.

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? No comment. What does my sex life have to do with it?

DooSPX
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I wash my boat after every use – (Yes) (No) N/A I never use my boat. It would get dirty.

I vacuum the interior carpet after every use - (Yes) (No) No. The bristles on the vacuum will damage the fibers in the carpet.

I Windex my windshield, chrome, etc. after every use - (Yes) (No) No. It's too hard to get under the shrink wrap to get to the windshield.

My engine looks like it is brand new - (Yes) (No) Yes. It's never even had fuel or oil in it.

You could eat off the bilge of my boat - (Yes) (No) Yeah, right. No ****ing food is going to touch my bilge.

I wash my interior carpet – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Whenever I find a foreign substance on it.

I 303 (or something similar) my vinyl – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Never.

I clean and treat my teak - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Weekly. It's like therapy for me.

I wax the fiberglass under the seats - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) Now that's just dumb. :rolleyes:

I wax underneath my boat - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) I said I wax the boat more than once a year. Duh! :rolleyes:

I Armor All my trailer tires - (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A I don't have a trailer. My boat rests on a special cushioned cradle in my garage.

I wash my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A

I wax my trailer – (never) (once a year) (more than once a year) N/A

So the question is….are you too anal if so, does the level of your “analness” spill into the other areas of your life (i.e. house, yard, vehicles, etc.)? No comment. What does my sex life have to do with it?

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

dgaugler
11-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Can't wait to get my MasterCrat Oakleys. Do I get a free pair for finding the typo?