PDA

View Full Version : Prostar tows a Hydro car\boat!

Jeff Lyman
10-18-2009, 10:04 PM
This doesn't happen much but I have a friend that has spent 16,000 hours and 6 years building this land and sea vehicle. I dont post here much but thought you MC guys and gals would like these pics if I can get them to post. This all happen today in Central N.Y. 50 degrees out side, worst part I winterized my boat now twice in 1 month, it was ready for winter storage before I got the "I need help call".

It has an all alluminum 572ci 790 hp Merlin and a Arneson out drive with a Rolla prop. The sponson move up and down with hydralics the wheels move up and down with air. Oh ya and 4 wheel steering, stereo and 6 bildge pumps and we found out they all work. We got about 10 mph out of it so far she needs some tweeking to get the prop in the water more.

To see more his web site is playingwithcars.com, Its for sale to if anyone needs a cool toy that your neighbor will NOT have.
[

Jerseydave
10-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow that looks insane! That powertrain should easily push it over 100 mph, big props to the guy who tries it however. :D

(I'd love to see that engine/drive in a 24' Panther or 26' Velocity) :cool:

damaged442
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
What a ride!! Can't believe I haven't heard about that thing. If you don't mind me asking...where are you located in central NY? I'm also from the area.

JMann
10-19-2009, 07:17 PM
I'd like to see some more pictures, including some on land. That thing looks awesome.

Jim@BAWS
10-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I'd like to see some more pictures, including some on land. That thing looks awesome.

http://www.dobbertinhydrocar.com/

Jeff Lyman
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey Damaged 442, I live in Brewerton on the river where we rip up the water usally twice a week near the Caudghenoy dam skiing. Did not realize there were folks from my neck of the woods on this board. Who fixed your damaged 442? I own Jeffreys Auto Body in N. Syr.

The hydro car was built in Pheonix NY just down the river. We should be testing it again in the spring I talk to the builder this moring. There will be a winter of tweaking. He promises I will be the first and only skier behind it if it ever gets that far.

I almost bought a Tristar 4 years ago around this area it may be your boat? Not many of them around.

Jim Baws do you know Rick Dobbertin the Hydro car builder? For those who don't he is known as the God Father of " Pro street" or tubbed cars. He was all over the covers of Hot Rod and many more magazines back in the 80"s. An unbelivable engineer I enjoy knowing and working with him, with building our street legal stock cars he has pulled us out of many situations. see them at superstreetseries.com.

Jim@BAWS
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Jim Baws do you know Rick Dobbertin the Hydro car builder? .

I don't know him. Jim@BAWS is just my screen name. BAWS is short for Bay Area WaterSports. I have family in Henderson North of you. Up there quite a bit

Jim@BAWS

damaged442
10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Jeff, PM at ya!

kjohnson
10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
That thing has more gauges than a 747 jumbo jet!

Jim@BAWS
10-21-2009, 11:25 AM
That thing has more gauges than a 747 jumbo jet!

Just BLING BLING..they arn't real

Jim@BAWS

Jeff Lyman
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Jim, I also have a place on Sanibel Island near FT meyers, since your in the business is there anyone with a ski school near there? I go down for a couple weeks in the summer and love to bring my ski with me and use it. 2 weeks without skiing is tough to live with.

Oh ya every gauge operates....hard to belive but I seen it for myself!

Jim@BAWS
10-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Jim, I also have a place on Sanibel Island near FT meyers, since your in the business is there anyone with a ski school near there? I go down for a couple weeks in the summer and love to bring my ski with me and use it. 2 weeks without skiing is tough to live with.

Oh ya every gauge operates....hard to belive but I seen it for myself!

Dustin Beatty

www.waterskimarcoisland.com

Tell him I sent you

#47of100TeamMC
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
All I can say is WOW. That is incredible! It's Amazing what smart people can come up with!