PDA

View Full Version : $25K for Parrish

east tx skier
06-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I read the post by TMC and noticed it said that CP "qualified" for the $25K check. From other sources, I understand that he receives it if the record stands at the end of the year. What if he breaks his own record in another tournament? What if, by some fluke, it's behind a different brand boat? Does he still qualify for the $25K for breaking the record at Trophy? Just curious.

MarkP
06-08-2005, 11:40 PM
I think we are going to have to go ahead and refer this to our legal department..;)

Leroy
06-09-2005, 12:19 AM
When the lawyer asks the question what do we do?

MarkP
06-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Go ahead and stump me.:rant:

erkoehler
06-09-2005, 12:45 AM
One thing I have learned in my first 20 years is to never mess with a lawyer! :D

BriEOD
06-09-2005, 07:19 AM
I know this much MC puts up $25K every year. The caveat from what I understand is that the record has to be broken at Trophy Lakes during one of the run offs. Of course Trophy Lakes exclusively uses MC's. What a raw deal you have to go ski at some terrible site like Trophy Lakes behind a MC. :rolleyes:

east tx skier
06-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood, I certainly wasn't saying it was a raw deal. I was just trying to figure out what happens if the guy breaks his own record later? He's on a new record every two weeks streak. Rally caps anyone? :)

Brian, sounds like, from what you're saying, that even if he breaks his own record, he still gets the check so long as somebody doesn't break it at tropy this year?

ski_king
06-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I wonder if his contract with M____u allows him to accept a check from MC.....

Leroy
06-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Doug; Isn't this record standing from ~'96? (from the WSM article)

Ric
06-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I wonder if his contract with M____u allows him to accept a check from MC.....
maybe M gets a cut of it ;)
I love starting rumors

Ric
06-09-2005, 10:21 AM
I have a semi off-topic question regarding the same.
When reading tmc's post, I got the impression that the boat pulling parrish's record was running the new Mastercraft speed control.
Is this true?

Leroy
06-09-2005, 10:23 AM
That's what it said, wonder if that spells the end for Perfect Pass on new boats?

Ric
06-09-2005, 10:35 AM
I am thinking that was a misprint.
Mine came with the mc speed control and I'll be installing PP myself, so I will have a bit of experience with the new speed control soon after I pick it up.
Yes, I would think the MC speed control will definitely take the place of the pp cruise and maybe even wakeboard versions but I doubt it will kill PP pro.

BriEOD
06-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Doug; Isn't this record standing from ~'96? (from the WSM article)
No Leroy, the record was 1 @ 43 off set by Jeff Rodgers. Then Andy Mapple tied him a few years later. Last year Jamie Beauchnese also tied the record. About a month ago Chris Parrish broke the record 1.25 @ 43 off and then broke his own record last weekend 2 @ 43 off.

Doug, I think it's a standing thing at Trophy Lakes. Everytime someone breaks the record MC will pony up $25K. I wonder if they pay out $25K or if they have that insured? You know like get a hole in one and win a car. The car dealerships take out an insurance policy for a few hundred bucks.

east tx skier
06-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Good question, Brian. No idea.

I would bet the farm (that I don't own) that that boat was running Perfect Pass. I thought Ppass was the exclusive AWSA speed control or something. I recall asking MyMC about it many moons ago, and recall the response being something along the lines that the MC cruise would be a Ppass cruise replacement, but that digital pro/wakeboard pro was still the standard.

BriEOD
06-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Don't know about that. I guess I could drive over there and look into the boat. Those lakes are awesome!

east tx skier
06-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Yeah, Trophy is supposed to be among the lakes where records are most likely to fall.

BriEOD
06-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I haven't been over there in awhile because it's a good 45 min drive from my house. But, as you drive on to the property there are big signs that have a picture of the guys skiing that have broken the records. It has the date, driver, skier and boat. It's pretty neat. Also, around lake one there is a flag for every country that has broken there national record at Trophy Lakes. There is like 20-30 flags. They used to have the MC open there every year and we would go. The jist of the place is the two owners bought the property (middle of no where) and made a deal with the city who was at the time building a new highway with overpasses. The city basically took away all the dirt that came out of the lakes. One of the owners Alan is a super nice guy. I've talked to him a few times. The other one Kim, well he has a reputation of not talking to you unless you drive up in an Escalade and can ski 39 off. I've met him one time and he wasn't the friendliest guy. Both owners have there houses right on lake 1 and lake 2 respectively. It's a cool place.

east tx skier
06-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Cool. Alan sounds nice. :)

Leroy
06-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Parrish, skiing behind a MasterCraft Tournament Team ProStar 197 with MasterCraft’s new digital throttle control, not only broke the record, but qualifies for a $25,000 check from MasterCraft for his efforts.

Could be marketing talk and boat had MC's control but PP was used.

east tx skier
06-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. MC Throttle by wire, but with other speed control.