PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing...

FrankSchwab
10-18-2009, 12:01 AM
For all of you spending the weekend winterizing your boat....

I just got back from 5 hours on Saguaro Lake out here in Arizona. Air temperature 102, water temperature 72. :woohoo:

It was just about perfect, except, of course, for the fact that every yahoo in the universe was out, going whichever way they damned well pleased whenever they damned well pleased. Oh well, thankfully the MC is nimble.

/frank

McFire
10-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for rubbing it in Frank. I winterize tomorrow.

MariStar-Man
10-18-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm California'izing mine this weekend as well.

Frank, your not the only State with Sun...8p

Annonymous pic...
http://sfwake.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/steels-mastercraft.jpg

trickskier
10-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Winter is tough in Florida.....................:rolleyes:

Just look at those overnight lows!!!

bturner2
10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Pulled the lifts and dock out yesterday. Peak air temp for the day 52 with cloudy sky's, water temp 42. I'm still cold today.

trickskier
10-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Pulled the lifts and dock out yesterday. Peak air temp for the day 52 with cloudy sky's, water temp 42. I'm still cold today.

So how long is your season and what's the water temp in the summer?

bturner2
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
We try to start in April with the water at least 42, air hopefully at least 70. We're pretty much done by October but always seem to leave everything in a little longer to try and get that last run in. Pretty much a dry suit thing in the spring and fall.

During the summer the water in our lake can get up to 80 or so. This was a cold and wet summer for us. I think the water peaked at 78 this year. Lots of wind and rain but at least the water level stayed up this year.

smoketu
10-19-2009, 10:41 PM

I just got back from 5 hours on Saguaro Lake out here in Arizona. Air temperature 102, water temperature 72. :woohoo:

It was just about perfect, except, of course, for the fact that every yahoo in the universe was out, going whichever way they damned well pleased whenever they damned well pleased. Oh well, thankfully the MC is nimble.

/frank

We made it out ourselves,always interesting trying not to get ran over by the 100mph scarab/bajas

WTRSK1R
11-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Had the boat out yesterday for our last run of the season. Beautiful day with sunshine and 69 degree air temp which is not typical for November. Lake was still 54. Took 2 nice barefoot runs with my 3/2 wetsuit over the top of my barefoot suit, and then a slalom run with just the wetsuit. Overall with the sun and all it was really pretty comfortable.

Winterized the boat when I got home, :( so I am all done till next spring. Still need to clean the vinyl before I put the cover on for the year, but it is always a sad day just to start the prep process. I will say it was probably the most comfortable I have ever been while going through the process. Always wait till November, but usually am freezing my hands with the cold water when working on it. I guess thats an upside. :rolleyes:

Steve

bigmac
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM

/frank

Glad you had fun, sorry it was crowded.

I gotta tell ya, though, I've been to Arizona in the summer - even been to Saguaro lake (nice lake once you get used to cactus on the shoreline instead of pine trees). I'd rather have a week of -20 than a week of 102. Couldn't pay me enough to live there. I'd almost rather live in Florida.

Almost.

(No offense meant regarding anyone's chosen place of residence...each to their own, as they say. I'm sure that -20 is as inconceivable to you as 102 is to me.)

Thrall
11-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Glad you had fun, sorry it was crowded.

I gotta tell ya, though, I've been to Arizona in the summer - even been to Saguaro lake (nice lake once you get used to cactus on the shoreline instead of pine trees). I'd rather have a week of -20 than a week of 102. Couldn't pay me enough to live there. I'd almost rather live in Florida.

Almost.

(No offense meant regarding anyone's chosen place of residence...each to their own, as they say. I'm sure that -20 is as inconceivable to you as 102 is to me.)

That's the bad part....102 is a "nice" day. Try 118! I'm with Bigmac, I can handle -20. Little chilly, but won't stop me from snowmobiling, but those triple digit temps were pretty harsh the 2 years I lived down there. Gave me a darn good reason to buy a MC though!:D