PDA

View Full Version : Water in ski locker, X-30

reswake
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I've got a 2001 X-30 and I keep getting water in my mid ski locker the day after I run it. I leave the auto bilge on and check it frequently while on the water and it always looks dry (for the most part). The next day I'll have a full locker of water that I have to pump out. Anyone got any ideas as to why this happens or if anyone else with an X-30 has this problem?

bigmac
10-17-2009, 08:59 AM
On my 230VRS (same hull), water that has leaked in to the bilge preferentially sits midships, especially when it's on the trailer or on a boat lift. There's a drain pass-through at the back of the ski locker. My boat has two bilge pumps, one midships under the floor hatch and one at the back of the bilge, and it's usually the midships pump that runs when there's a lot of water in the bilge, even underway. I found this when I had a leak at my rudder post, and when I accumulated water from a failed heater core. The pump farthest back might run a little on acceleration, but most of my bilge pump action on the water came when throttling back from higher speeds.

Three things you could do...1) you should close or otherwise plug the ski locker drain, 2) find the source of water intrusion and fix it ( leaking ballast, leaking rudder post, leading packing gland etc) and 3) make sure your midships bilge pump is working (assuming you have one). If you don't have one there under the screw-down floor hatch, I'd consider putting one in.