PDA

View Full Version : MC license plate frame needed

Jerseydave
10-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Just looking for the plate frame, not the whole plate like MC offers now.

Anyone have one they wish to sell to me? Dealers with old stock maybe? Hello :D

bturner2
10-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I had one from like 6 years ago that my daughter now has and won't give back. That's an item that I would really like to see in the owner's club accessories catalog again!

Jerseydave
10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I should add that I already have 2 Team Mastercraft plate frames from the late 90's, but the bottom part is too wide to fit my vehicle (won't clear the liftgate handle on my Yukon)

PS, I could use a nice banner for the garage too! :cool:

TMCNo1
10-13-2009, 09:38 PM
I hit a dead end several years ago, so I made my own, just be sure to place some s/s washers between the frame and the tag to keep from crushing the frame when you tighten it down on the tag.

MasterCraftByDesign
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
License plate frames & other automobile accessories will be available through http://www.MasterCraftByDesign.com before the holidays. I will keep you posted!

- John

TMCNo1
10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
License plate frames & other automobile accessories will be available through http://www.MasterCraftByDesign.com before the holidays. I will keep you posted!

- John

John, I don't know about other states, but North Carolina has passed a law that makes license plate frames that have a space on the bottom for messages, etc. and block the name of the state on the bottom and/or the date and renewal decals in the corners illegal. At the same time, tag frames like I have shown previously are extended on the bottom to eliminate that problem, but may not in some cases fit inside the license plate indention's on some of the more popular vehicles, unlike on a boat trailer, where there is no space limitations. All three of our vehicles will only allow a frame for a tag that is only a fraction of a inch over the size of the 6" X 12" tag, so I have had to resort to using frames that is only about 3/8" to 1/2' or so wide to stay within the law. I hope you come up with something that will apply for most situations, but I can see it may be a challange.

MasterCraftByDesign
10-14-2009, 02:31 PM
John, I don't know about other states, but North Carolina has passed a law that makes license plate frames that have a space on the bottom for messages, etc. and block the name of the state on the bottom and/or the date and renewal decals in the corners illegal. At the same time, tag frames like I have shown previously are extended on the bottom to eliminate that problem, but may not in some cases fit inside the license plate indention's on some of the more popular vehicles, unlike on a boat trailer, where there is no space limitations. All three of our vehicles will only allow a frame for a tag that is only a fraction of a inch over the size of the 6" X 12" tag, so I have had to resort to using frames that is only about 3/8" to 1/2' or so wide to stay within the law. I hope you come up with something that will apply for most situations, but I can see it may be a challange.

Thanks for that information, I will pass that along to our engineers and make sure they keep it in mind during the design process.

- John

bturner2
10-14-2009, 02:50 PM
That's great information. Thank you for watching the forums and responding to our request and ideas for MasterCraft gear!

Jerseydave
10-14-2009, 07:32 PM

- John

I'll be watching for those items in the future. Thanks John for reading my post. :D

bobx1
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Find out where TMCNo1 hangs and just show up with a pair of pliers and a screw driver.

TMCNo1
10-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Find out where TMCNo1 hangs and just show up with a pair of pliers and a screw driver.

You don't think I made it that easy, do ya?

bobx1
10-14-2009, 07:48 PM
You don't think I made it that easy, do ya?

Maybe I should have added that you need to ground yourself to something before starting the process. :D