PDA

View Full Version : Wake the Lake X-Star engine package?

Miljack
10-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi,
just curious if someone on here knows which engine was in the X-Star for the Wake the lake event @ Lake Norman last month? I'm curious about the wrapped boat.

thanks

MYMC
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi,
just curious if someone on here knows which engine was in the X-Star for the Wake the lake event @ Lake Norman last month? I'm curious about the wrapped boat.

thanks

6.0ltr LY6

Miljack
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I should have also asked how much ballast was in that boat, the wake looked huge!

MYMC
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks, I should have also asked how much ballast was in that boat, the wake looked huge!
I did my standard "pro" set-up...780lbs sac in each rear locker, 370lbs tube sac under each bow seat, filled KGB hard tank, 200kbs lead in front cooler, 320lbs lead throughout cockpit and 200lbs lead at transom under bags stacked vertically.
Full tank of fuel for open/pro class.

I leave the rear tanks empty at all times and run a very small prop to make it all move.

Hope that helps.

Jerseydave
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I did my standard "pro" set-up...780lbs sac in each rear locker, 370lbs tube sac under each bow seat, filled KGB hard tank, 200kbs lead in front cooler, 320lbs lead throughout cockpit and 200lbs lead at transom under bags stacked vertically.
Full tank of fuel for open/pro class.

I leave the rear tanks empty at all times and run a very small prop to make it all move.

Hope that helps.

WOW! Nice setup.

I took your advice MYMC and stopped using the rear hard tanks myself, but I "just" have (2) 400# sacs in the rear, filled KGB and a 750# in the walkway. That's enough for my little MCX anyway.

BTW, what is the KGB rated at filled, is it around 500#?

MYMC
10-12-2009, 05:00 PM
WOW! Nice setup.

I took your advice MYMC and stopped using the rear hard tanks myself, but I "just" have (2) 400# sacs in the rear, filled KGB and a 750# in the walkway. That's enough for my little MCX anyway.

442.55 if you use 8.35lbs per gallon.

Miljack
10-13-2009, 03:01 PM
do you use the lead blocks in the back when you have the big block engine? I know you prefer the big engine in the Xstars, would that change your setup a bit compared to the aluminum head engine? How much weight difference between the LY6 and L-18 (?).

MYMC
10-13-2009, 07:32 PM
do you use the lead blocks in the back when you have the big block engine? I know you prefer the big engine in the Xstars, would that change your setup a bit compared to the aluminum head engine? How much weight difference between the LY6 and L-18 (?).
I still use the lead in the transom as the X-Star needs as much and lip and vert as possible (IMHO).
L-18 = 727lbs
LY6 = 539lbs

vision
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
WOW! Nice setup.

I am with njskier. 400 lbs in each rear locker, full KGB, and about 300 lbs under each front seat and the wake has a beautiful shape and as big as I ever need.

Mike, can you physically remove the rear tanks? I never use them and it would make more room for ballast against the transom. In the cold riding months here in NC, we were thinking if you removed the rear tanks, you could rig up a nice hot tub system in one locker. ;)

MYMC
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I am with njskier. 400 lbs in each rear locker, full KGB, and about 300 lbs under each front seat and the wake has a beautiful shape and as big as I ever need.

Mike, can you physically remove the rear tanks? I never use them and it would make more room for ballast against the transom. In the cold riding months here in NC, we were thinking if you removed the rear tanks, you could rig up a nice hot tub system in one locker. ;)
They can be removed, but I dont think it is a practical solution. They are covered by a bolt down carpeted access panel and remember they are pretty far forward (reason we don't use them)...so it won't help with transom weight.