PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, I know this has been asked before!

pflcjl
10-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I am sure this issue has been addressed....Oil Change...Should you change the oil in the fall prior to winter storage or should you wait until the spring....I always change the oil in the fall when I winterize and store boat (06 PS197 with MCX).....My Sea Doo dealer who services my 4 stroke sea doo insists that the old oil should remain over the winter and that fresh oil change should be done in the spring?

What is the general concensus? Is this just his way to get two service calls from me...a winterization and a spring service??

bigmac
10-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I believe that the oil should be changed in the fall so that the boat doesn't sit all winter with water in the oil (condensation), nor acids and other combustion byproducts that have built up over the season.

Miss Rita
10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Your SeaDoo dealer is full of crap. Do not walk, but run away from him. He knows not of what he speaks.

Old oil is full of contamination, dirt, acid, water and baby throw up. I would NOT want that sitting in my engine for 8 months. New oil will get along with your engine quite well over the winter. The oil and your engine will hibernate peacefully until spring when you decide to wake them both up for another season.

Jim@BAWS
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Change the oil now at winterization

Pull the impellar NOW and put in NEW in the spring

Leave it out so you don't forget

Leaving the oil in for 8 months. I guess he wants you to buy a NEW Seadoo soon also

Jim@BAWS

jipster43
10-11-2009, 02:25 PM
It's pretty scarey that a dealer would insist on something that is universally panned everywhere else.

JP :)