PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery color combo opinions

deereman
10-10-2009, 01:05 AM
we have for sure chosen the 2 main colors, the light gray and the red. we wanted a 3rd color so we picked up both the red and the black with metalflake. we think they both look pretty cool with it, but which would you choose? don't want it looking like a bass boat either. also, how big would you make the metalflake stripe? the light gray is the main color, and the solid red is one of the accent stripes. we are also recarpeting with a darker red carpeting with some black in it. thanks for your input.

also it is for a red and grey 87 prostar 190

gray, red metalflake, red
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=att&th=1243c95310eefdea

gray, black metalflake, red
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.0&disp=emb&view=att&th=1243c9360c80a93a

TMCNo1
10-10-2009, 08:22 AM
What are the colors of the tape striping around the deck and hull?

deereman
10-11-2009, 01:23 AM
What are the colors of the tape striping around the deck and hull?

from top to bottom--deck is light grey, then a small red pinstripe, black rubrail, red, silver metalflake 1" stripe, grey on bottom. its pretty much the same color scheme as yours just that it has a sliver metalflake stripe.

TMCNo1
10-11-2009, 09:56 AM
from top to bottom--deck is light grey, then a small red pinstripe, black rubrail, red, silver metalflake 1" stripe, grey on bottom. its pretty much the same color scheme as yours just that it has a sliver metalflake stripe.

That's the reason I asked, the interior colors were drawn from the hull, big stripe and one or both of the tape colors except they were a solid color, not a metallic like your and my metallic stripe. So, a medium gray or gray metallic accent color would be great. On mine, they used a solid maroon in the interior to go with the metallic maroon of the lower vinyl stripe. I know your interior accent color pattern is different, but you know what I mean.

deereman
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
#1, where did you get the mastercraft towel in the last pic?

TMCNo1
11-01-2009, 10:36 PM
#1, where did you get the mastercraft towel in the last pic?

Years ago, I made some stencils and painted Krylon red on some motel bath mats. If Mastercraft doesn't/won't make them, I make my own. I use then on the van floor and under the stuffing box too. After a day on the lake, throw them in the washing machine/dry and they're ready for the next trip. I have 7 and been using them for 15 years +.

deereman
11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
wow they look perfect! you should make a few by request for some people on here. who would have to know but us:D

deereman
11-03-2009, 10:32 PM
by the way, we actually decided to not include the metalflake stripes in the upholstery. we thought it looked like just too much. were gonna do what you siggested and just draw the colors off the hull, its going to be a gray, lite red, and a darker red. i think that should look pretty decent, and probably less like a bass boat.

also, i have to ask, whats the pipe on the floor undrneath the boat in the second pic for?

TMCNo1
11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
by the way, we actually decided to not include the metalflake stripes in the upholstery. we thought it looked like just too much. were gonna do what you siggested and just draw the colors off the hull, its going to be a gray, lite red, and a darker red. i think that should look pretty decent, and probably less like a bass boat.

also, i have to ask, whats the pipe on the floor undrneath the boat in the second pic for?

Good choice on the colors.
:uglyhammeThat's the drain pipe from the washing machine that goes into the basement floor drain leach tank in the back yard, rather than loading up the septic tank with washing machine water.

deereman
11-03-2009, 10:55 PM
i thought maybe it was a guide on the floor so the boat is in the exact same place every time you back it in. i was never sure of the metalflake myself, and you never mentioned it much either, and i value your opinion a lot.

TMCNo1
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I've got the floor marked for placement, the first time, every time, cause the back port corner of the transom is 1" away from the washing machine. And yes, those are nylon firewood splitting wedges for chocks, because they won't slide on the concrete like all the other things I've tried.

TEAL98
11-04-2009, 10:02 PM
i thought maybe it was a guide on the floor so the boat is in the exact same place every time you back it in. i was never sure of the metalflake myself, and you never mentioned it much either, and i value your opinion a lot.

Same here... Mr. Harold Page is one of the most knowledgeable on this site about our boats

deereman
11-05-2009, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=TMCNo1;642355]I've got the floor marked for placement, the first time, every time, cause the back port corner of the transom is 1" away from the washing machine. And yes, those are nylon firewood splitting wedges for chocks, because they won't slide on the concrete like all the other things I've tried.

nice to have that folding platform, isn't it--now that took some thought!