PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X-Star for sale

sand2snow22
10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Don't normally do this, but my dealer has what look's to be a really good deal on a 2008 X-Star.

http://portlandskiboatcenter.mastercraft.com/searchengine/details.aspx?formname=new&from=search&site_type=dealertemplate&reflink=&diid=2433609&currdiid=2433609&tab=1&bvdid=2509&siteid=2509#

coz
10-09-2009, 11:52 PM
In perfect condishion????:confused: I wonder how the seet cushhuns are?

snork
10-10-2009, 02:42 PM
where are the speakers?

Mag_Red
10-10-2009, 05:08 PM
where are the speakers?what do you want for $49,999?????

Springer
10-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Wrong motor.......will be very sluggish......

sand2snow22
10-15-2009, 12:51 AM

Guess again, I think the Liquid Force wakeboard team would disagree with you. It didn't seem to bother them. Plus, the salesman is one of the best wakeboarders I have ever seen. He puts more than 3,000 #'s of ballast on top of stock in his X-Star. He runs the MCX with the right prop. How much extra weight do you run in your 40th?

MYMC
10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Nothing 5000rpm won't cure;)

TallRedRider
10-15-2009, 10:56 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-MASTERCRAFT-XSTAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ160363534737QQsspagen ameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

This sale fell through and it might still be available. 1 year older but passed the reserve mark at $44,900. Has the 8.1L engine. I think this qualifies as an awesome deal. It is at Utah Water Sports. 2007 Xstar.

ORX-1
10-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I am local to Portland and have checked out this X-star, it is super clean and basically brand new! To get an 08 x-star for under 50k seems unreal. The 07 posted above won't have VDIG or the new interior. Also this 08 has full warranty! That adds a lot for me.

TallRedRider
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I am local to Portland and have checked out this X-star, it is super clean and basically brand new! To get an 08 x-star for under 50k seems unreal. The 07 posted above won't have VDIG or the new interior. Also this 08 has full warranty! That adds a lot for me.

No doubt that those things are nice.

What is different 08 vs. 07 interior?

But remember that the 8.1 L is a 14K upgrade...NADA adds almost that much to the value as well.

sand2snow22
10-15-2009, 03:29 PM

But remember that the 8.1 L is a 14K upgrade...NADA adds almost that much to the value as well.

Real life market values between the two engines are a little different. Both are sweet deals. I assume the Utah dealer orders a lot of 8.1's b/c of the lake elevations? I personally will stay away from the 8.1, b/c I've seen them in the shop too much. Beg to differ and that's fine, I love their power, but they are in my dealership a lot.

MYMC
10-15-2009, 05:49 PM

Amen brother! When people know what they are buying and how the boat will be used the L18 is king for the X-Star and larger MC's.

We are the second largest L18 dealer in the country and have yet to see all the failures others talk about. Yes we have seen some but when we look at the recorded ECM data it has almost always come back to a non-stock prop (that is way to large) hauling around pro level++ ballast at surf speeds...sure people don't see MCX's fail like this, because they don't make enough power to get put into the position!

vision
10-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I certainly see the benefit of the larger motor, especially for a slammed X-star.

But, I just have to plug my little MCX in our 08 X-star. We only run 1500 to 2000lbs of ballast but the wake is great. With the correct prop from OJ, that little MCX never waivers, pulls everyone out of the water within a few feet, gets 6 gph on mileage, and is easy to service.

Both boats are good deals. If you are trying to land 9s, best get the 07 with the L-18. But if you are a recreational wakeboarder who uses the X-star as a family boat as well, the 08 with the MCX has some advantages.

sand2snow22
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Amen brother! When people know what they are buying and how the boat will be used the L18 is king for the X-Star and larger MC's.

We are the second largest L18 dealer in the country and have yet to see all the failures others talk about. Yes we have seen some but when we look at the recorded ECM data it has almost always come back to a non-stock prop (that is way to large) hauling around pro level++ ballast at surf speeds...sure people don't see MCX's fail like this, because they don't make enough power to get put into the position!

Mike, did some of the L18's come with the wrong ECM in 2008? Flooring a L18 out of the hole in an X-45 is pretty fun:)

jdl xstar
10-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone ever had a boat shipped? Wonder what it would cost to get a a boat from Utah to Orlando? I like that Xstar...

x-swagger
10-16-2009, 11:05 AM
i had my x-star shipped from Nashville to Albuquerque and it cost me around $1400, not too bad but the driver insisted the trailer have new tires before he would tow it so that was an extra $500.

jdl xstar
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the info swag.

MYMC
10-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Mike, did some of the L18's come with the wrong ECM in 2008? Flooring a L18 out of the hole in an X-45 is pretty fun:)
There was a programing issue that led to some failures, Indmar issued a new calibration and I have not seen or heard of that failure since.

sand2snow22
10-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Anyone ever had a boat shipped? Wonder what it would cost to get a a boat from Utah to Orlando? I like that Xstar...

These guys ship a lot of cars, might be worth getting a quote from them. RAT 1-866-245-5584

TMCNo1
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Ronnie Belcher, Belcher Trucking, in Greenback, TN and his crew of drivers haul boats for several boat builders in the Knoxville, TN area including MasterCraft. Depending on where you are at and where the boat is, you may be able to work out something with him on transporting it for you if it can save him from returning to TN empty and/or if he has room on a load for delivery to your area. His phone # is 1-865-856-0225.
He went to Wyoming from Tennessee to pick up a '72 MC and delivered it to the owner in Connecticut for $2100, including 2 new tires, IIRC.
Ron and his drivers know their stuff and will do you a good job, reasonable and with the boat sales the way they are, he can probably use the work.

MYMC
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I got some PM questions about this statment so I thought I would answer here for all to see.

The newer controllers gather and store a ton of data. When we have failure (any engine) we look at it's life. The last L18 we saw failed had spent 112hrs at 3000 RPM with the throttle wide open. We found the customer had purchased a spare prop on ebay (14.5x22) because he thought it would lower his RPMs and raise his top speed. Unfortunately when combined with an Enzo bag, 8 people and stock ballast the engine was fighting a losing battle.

Remember, that an engine is at its most efficient and producing it's peak ability to due work at the torque peak. The down side is this is also when the highest cylinder pressures are made. The torque peak is the largest window for any system failure to cause a catastrophic engine failure. The above scenario causes fuel wash of the cylinder walls etc...leading to fuel contamination of the oil as well as the lack of lubrication of the cylinder walls, wrist pin etc.

The best solution is to get the engine through the peak and into the upper RPM ranges without going overboard (no pun intended). Eric Johnson at OJ is the best resource I know of to keep this situation from occurring.

jdl xstar
10-17-2009, 01:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-MASTERCRAFT-XSTAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ160363534737QQsspagen ameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

This sale fell through and it might still be available. 1 year older but passed the reserve mark at $44,900. Has the 8.1L engine. I think this qualifies as an awesome deal. It is at Utah Water Sports. 2007 Xstar.

I'm getting it. Getting shipping quotes from uship.com.

rgardjr1
10-17-2009, 01:52 PM

Congratulations! I wish this boat was around late last summer when I bought my Maristar 200. I could have had an XStar for only 3K more than I paid for Maristar. Good to see this dealership selling something. I think it's the same ownership as the dealer here in Liberty Lake, WA and I've been watching their Ebay auctions and Craigslist adds this summer and I know they want to move some boats by the pricing I've seen.

jdl xstar
10-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks. It seems like a good price with all the options it has.

Now I need to sell my boat. 07 X2 MCX 125 hrs. Perfect Pass, clarion cd player, JL audio speakers/amp, 4 tower speakers, underwater LED lights, transom remote, Wetsounds 420 equalizer/PA system, dual batteries w/ switch, attitude adjustment plate, black bimini top, storage cover, snap in carpet, OJ 14.75x15.5 prop, teak deck, single axel MC trailer. No salt ever.

Any takers? ;)

TOO-TALL
10-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Great find

sand2snow22
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM

Congrats. I would be curious how much shipping would cost. PM me quotes.

Jerseydave
10-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Congrats on your new x-star purchase! My '05 is basically the same boat so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

BTW, what's your asking price on the X-2? I have a friend up here who may be in the market for a nice wakeboard machine!

TallRedRider
10-19-2009, 12:50 AM

Now I just have to find a way to get a commsion on that! How do I call them and tell them to hook me up with something? ;)

Congrats on the boat! I love the black and red together.

jdl xstar
10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Now I just have to find a way to get a commsion on that! How do I call them and tell them to hook me up with something? ;)

Congrats on the boat! I love the black and red together.

Seriously, you probably do deserve a finders fee! You ever deal with the guys at that dealership? PM your info and I'll be sure to let them know they owe you a free oil change or something!

TallRedRider
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Seriously, you probably do deserve a finders fee! You ever deal with the guys at that dealership? PM your info and I'll be sure to let them know they owe you a free oil change or something!

I bought my boat from them in December last year. They were good to work with.

scott023
10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks. It seems like a good price with all the options it has.

Now I need to sell my boat. 07 X2 MCX 125 hrs. Perfect Pass, clarion cd player, JL audio speakers/amp, 4 tower speakers, underwater LED lights, transom remote, Wetsounds 420 equalizer/PA system, dual batteries w/ switch, attitude adjustment plate, black bimini top, storage cover, snap in carpet, OJ 14.75x15.5 prop, teak deck, single axel MC trailer. No salt ever.

Any takers? ;)

That's a sharp looking boat Jeff. Hopefully it'll go to a good home.