PDA

View Full Version : Peace prize?

bigmac
10-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Hmmmm...the nomination deadline for the Nobel Peace Prize was Feb 1st, ten days after BHO took office.

Interesting message being sent by the Nobel Peace Prize committee. Sounds more like an excercise in hopefulness than an award for real accomplishiment.

JimN
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6867711.ece

SkiDog
10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I've said it 2-3 times in other places this morning.....What a Joke!

TMCNo1
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Well the way I see it, he's sleeping with the enemy, so why not the Nobel Peace Prize committee too, yea, it's a fargging joke if ya ask me!:o

Next thing ya know, he'll be giving Osama Bin Laden the Congressional Metal of Honor.

j2nh
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
It's his Olympic consolation prize.

TX.X-30 fan
10-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Well the way I see it, he's sleeping with the enemy, so why not the Nobel Peace Prize committee too, yea, it's a fargging joke if ya ask me!:o

Next thing ya know, he'll be giving Osama Bin Laden the Congressional Metal of Honor.

Hell he gave the medal of freedom to a communist.

TX.X-30 fan
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
It's his Olympic consolation prize.

And Dailey's is a load of cash to fight youth crime.............. ;)

What a coincidence he trots his boys over to Chitcago to doll out dough.

TMCNo1
10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote of the day Or even the YEAR!

"The only positive thing about the 'Cash for Clunkers' program is that it took thousands of Obama bumper stickers off the road."

Thrall
10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Good one TMC!
Anyone heard the story about the cow and ice cream?
I guess ice cream not only gets you elected president, but the Nobel Peace Prize now too.:confused:

Double D
10-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I laughed when I heard it. It's just wrong on so many levels! :confused:

TMCNo1
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Do we see another Nobel Peace Prize for Economics going to Obama in the near future?

Iconic Hummer brand sold to Chinese manufacturer!
By TOM KRISHER, AP Auto Writer Tom Krisher, Ap Auto Writer 16 mins ago
DETROIT Hummer, the off-road vehicle that once epitomized America's love for hulking trucks, is now in the hands of a Chinese heavy equipment maker.
General Motors Co. and Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Corp. finally signed the much-anticipated deal to sell the brand on Friday.
Tengzhong will get an 80 percent stake in the company, while Hong Kong investor Suolang Duoji, who indirectly owns a big stake in Tengzhong through an investment company called Sichuan Huatong Investment Holding Co., will get 20 percent. The investors will also get Hummer's nationwide dealer network.
Financial terms were not disclosed, although a person briefed on the deal said the sale price was around $150 million. The person did not want to be identified because the terms were being kept private. GM's bankruptcy filing last summer said that the iconic brand with military roots could bring in $500 million or more.
Suolang Duoji also is the controlling shareholder and chairman of Lumena Resources Corp., a Hong Kong listed mining company.
GM and Tengzhong said in a statement that the transaction still must be approved by the U.S. and Chinese governments, although and Chinese regulators initially expressed reservations about Tengzhong's ability to run such an enterprise.
Hummer's current management team will stay with the new company, which will be headquartered either in Detroit or suburban Auburn Hills, Mich.
James Taylor, the GM executive who has run Hummer recently, will remain as its chief executive officer.
"We are fortunate to have a partner who understands and recognizes the importance of continuing investment in Hummer's heritage as a U.S.-based and branded company with a view toward capitalizing on global opportunities," Taylor said in a statement.
Hummer, whose smallest model gets 16 miles per gallon (14.7 liters per 100 kilometers) in combined city and highway driving, sold well until the middle part of this decade when fuel prices began to rise. Sales peaked at 71,524 in 2006.
But only 8,193 Hummers have been sold in the U.S. through the first nine months of the year. That's down 64 percent from a year earlier. And only 426 Hummers were sold nationwide last month, according to Autodata Corp.
GM, which spent 40 days in bankruptcy protection during the summer and has received about $50 billion in U.S. government aid, also plans to sell its Saab brand and scrap Pontiac and Saturn as it tries to streamline its operations.
The company wants to focus on four core brands: Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC.
With backing from a well-capitalized company, Hummer will now focus on improved efficiency and performance and include alternative fuels, more efficient gas engines, six-speed transmissions and diesel engines.
GM said its assembly plant at Shreveport, La. would continue to assemble the commercial Hummer H3 and H3T pickup trucks on a contract basis until June 2011, with a one-year option until June 2012. The military H2 version will continue to be assembled by AM General in Mishawaka, Ind. under the same terms.
South Bend, Ind.-based AM General retains ownership of the military versions of the vehicles, which have been used frequently in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The Shreveport GM plant is currently slated to close by June 2012. For the time being, the plant also is assembling the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks.
The plant once employed about 3,000 workers, but layoff and buyouts have reduced that number to just over 700.

swatguy
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS W.T.F.OVER!

It's bad enough I live in Communist Chicago AKA Land of Daley. Now the Nation is turning into the same place. Once this pompous *** was bought and paid for by the Daley machine it was all over. Trust me Chicago is running the White House right into the ground. Our city is done and they are taking what they do here to the National level. Oh, and the gangbangers fight all the time so lets build them a new school......... Wait they are still fighting and killing each other lets give them another 500k. Did anyone hear what legislation they want to pass because of this every day beating that was caught on tape that pretty much happens at any school dismissal in the heart of the city? They want criminal records and the information pertaining to students who are also victims to be accessible to teachers and principles. WHA WHA WHA WHAT! This coming from the city that ignores the Supreme Court and the Constitution regarding gun laws.

Nobel Prize. MAKES ME SICK!

BTW THANKS TO CHALKIE 2016
Sorry rant over :D:D

Skipper
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS W.T.F.OVER!...Nobel Prize. MAKES ME SICK! :D:D

Roger that swatguy! BHO wins, the US loses! :o

Hammer
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
What A Joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammer
10-09-2009, 06:24 PM
OK JOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
whichever you prefer.

Chief
10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Total embarrassment!

TX.X-30 fan
10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS W.T.F.OVER!

It's bad enough I live in Communist Chicago AKA Land of Daley. Now the Nation is turning into the same place. Once this pompous *** was bought and paid for by the Daley machine it was all over. Trust me Chicago is running the White House right into the ground. Our city is done and they are taking what they do here to the National level. Oh, and the gangbangers fight all the time so lets build them a new school......... Wait they are still fighting and killing each other lets give them another 500k. Did anyone hear what legislation they want to pass because of this every day beating that was caught on tape that pretty much happens at any school dismissal in the heart of the city? They want criminal records and the information pertaining to students who are also victims to be accessible to teachers and principles. WHA WHA WHA WHAT! This coming from the city that ignores the Supreme Court and the Constitution regarding gun laws.

Nobel Prize. MAKES ME SICK!

BTW THANKS TO CHALKIE 2016
Sorry rant over :D:D

Post of the week................... we are not worthy. ;)

ejg333
10-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Just wait until BHO takes on the second amendment!

coz
10-09-2009, 09:49 PM
There were 205 other nominees and we'll be able to find out who they were in 2059.....that's when they're going to release their names :rolleyes:

coz
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Do we see another Nobel Peace Prize for Economics going to Obama in the near future?

Iconic Hummer brand sold to Chinese manufacturer!

They're called Chummers now :rolleyes:

Double D
10-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Did the Noble Peace Prize commitee just lose all their credibility and taint the award for the future?? I think so......

squishd
10-09-2009, 11:05 PM
There credibility was shot long also.. Carter? Gore? Ronald Regan did more for Peace than both of those 2 idiots and he did not even get a nomination. The NPP is a joke...

TX.X-30 fan
10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
There credibility was shot long also.. Carter? Gore? Ronald Regan did more for Peace than both of those 2 idiots and he did not even get a nomination. The NPP is a joke...

Ding Ding Ding.................................... Winner. :D

TX.X-30 fan
10-09-2009, 11:11 PM
We have a beta male for pres............. hahahahahahahaha

Skipper
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Must have had Acorn do some lobbying for their main man. 8p

JimN
10-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Must have had Acorn do some lobbying for their main man. 8p

He said he will donate the whole amount to charity- guess which one. Now like he needs the money- he still has half a billion left from his campaign.

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
He said he will donate the whole amount to charity- guess which one. Now like he needs the money- he still has half a billion left from his campaign.

Charity my a$$, like the Clintons donated to the clinton charity trust, and you want a donation from that a serious back-scatch is requested.

JimN
10-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Charity my a$$, like the Clintons donated to the clinton charity trust, and you want a donation from that a serious back-scatch is requested.

Probably more like a reach-around.

harddock
10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
That 1.4 is going to come as a gift but it is still taxable. Hope someone reminds him of that. I would do it but it might be considered racist.

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2009, 02:04 PM
That 1.4 is going to come as a gift but it is still taxable. Hope someone reminds him of that. I would do it but it might be considered racist.

He will get Timothy Geithner to do his 1040......................:D

wakesurfer
10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
OK check this out:
I heard from a reliable source that Al Gore just received the go ahead from the Fed Govt to get his hands on 500million dollars to start a "green" car company. Here's the kicker: guess where the car is going to be made? not here in the USA it will be made in Norway.....what country decides the Nobel peace prize? Norway... who approved the money B.OB

trickskier
10-11-2009, 03:35 PM

No, he'll be his next czar of something................8p

Maristar210
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Where's Jorski's take on this?

Oh **** that's right I can't stand the ****er

Skipper
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Maybe when we throw his crooked ash out of the white house, he can be president of Canada with Al Gore as his VP.

stuartmcnair
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
this is like me getting a Pulitzer Prize for a photograph I would LIKE to take but CAN'T as I do not have the means to get it put together. But how is that different from giving it to BHO for an IDEA?

helton333
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
What's new? He won the Presidency before the election. It's so funny now - he needs to send troops to Afghanistan but heck, he just got a Noble Peace prize. It would be like giving a gay pride award to Chuck Norris. Umm, thanks but what do I do now??

TX.X-30 fan
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Seems about the same as Gore and Carter having the coveted prize to me.

I mean if those two are about the most brain-dead feckers on the planet.

JimN
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Maybe when we throw his crooked ash out of the white house, he can be president of Canada with Al Gore as his VP.

You'll have to send Pelosi, Feinstein, Franken, Dodd, Barney (genus 'gobblenobbicus), Sharpton, Nagin, Baucus and several others up there before I would be satisfied. It would be a good start, though.

JimN
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM
What's new? He won the Presidency before the election. It's so funny now - he needs to send troops to Afghanistan but heck, he just got a Noble Peace prize. It would be like giving a gay pride award to Chuck Norris. Umm, thanks but what do I do now??

Take one for the team?

TMCNo1
10-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Reckon he got a BJ before making his, "I'm doing away with the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy!" in the military speech this weekend? :rolleyes:
Bill Clinton got one before his, "I did not have sex with that woman!" speech!

ShamrockIV
10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
ending dont ask dont tell and giving away money like it's going out of style. jimmy carter better watch out his status as worst president is in trouble!!

Skipper
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
I used to be offended when people would compare Iraq and/or Afghanistan with Vietnam. Now when I see the nations top military leaders being forced to fight under severe restrictions from the politicians, my offense turns to disdain. We are doing it again!

While Hussain gets the peace prize, my brethren are dying because they cannot use close air support, they cannot engage in built up areas, and they don't have enough boys on the ground to do what must be done.

What's next, hippies in California spitting on soldiers?

If you have friends or relatives in the military right now, they need your prayers and in 2010 they need you to vote all of Hussain's enablers out of the government.

Double D
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
They all have my prayers. In the past, now and forever. Thanks for my freedoms!

I used to be offended when people would compare Iraq and/or Afghanistan with Vietnam. Now when I see the nations top military leaders being forced to fight under severe restrictions from the politicians, my offense turns to disdain. We are doing it again!

While Hussain gets the peace prize, my brethren are dying because they cannot use close air support, they cannot engage in built up areas, and they don't have enough boys on the ground to do what must be done.

What's next, hippies in California spitting on soldiers?

If you have friends or relatives in the military right now, they need your prayers and in 2010 they need you to vote all of Hussain's enablers out of the government.

Sledge
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
BREAKING NEWS: This just in!!!

Obama wins the Heisman Trophy after

watching a college football game!!!

TMCNo1
10-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Next award,

wakesurfer
10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
OK SINCE I SEE I AM AMONG FRIENDS HERE GOES THE NEWS:
The defense spending bill that was just signed today by BHO has some very "f"ed up issues:
1. there is a hate crime bill in it which means that "we" can be categorized as hate group for expressing our discontent because of his color even though we do give a shiznit about his color and more disgusted with his policies. It includes standardized penalties...i.e. life in prison etc.
2. the worse part of the defense bill: money is going to be paid to talibans who claim they want to stop fighting, to help them be socialized and re introduced into society... can you f'nin believe our tax dollars going to be paid to terrorists who claim they are tired of fighting.... I keep thinking this is a nightmare and i am going to wake up and it keeps getting worse. We all have to get all the incumbents out of office in 2010 spread the word who cares if Dem or Rep or independent just get the old guard out and get some new real people in there .

JimN
10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
OK SINCE I SEE I AM AMONG FRIENDS HERE GOES THE NEWS:
The defense spending bill that was just signed today by BHO has some very "f"ed up issues:
1. there is a hate crime bill in it which means that "we" can be categorized as hate group for expressing our discontent because of his color even though we do give a shiznit about his color and more disgusted with his policies. It includes standardized penalties...i.e. life in prison etc.
2. the worse part of the defense bill: money is going to be paid to talibans who claim they want to stop fighting, to help them be socialized and re introduced into society... can you f'nin believe our tax dollars going to be paid to terrorists who claim they are tired of fighting.... I keep thinking this is a nightmare and i am going to wake up and it keeps getting worse. We all have to get all the incumbents out of office in 2010 spread the word who cares if Dem or Rep or independent just get the old guard out and get some new real people in there .

Timer to give him a boot in the azz and a one way ticket back home.