PDA

View Full Version : winterizing Ballest Tanks 06 X2

Basketballtitan
10-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Can anyone lend some help on how to winterize my ballest tanks on my 2006 X2.Thanks as I know how to winterize the boat just do not know how to do the ballest tanks. I do NOT have a shower or heater on the boat.

DryHop
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I've also got an 06. Thrall commented on how to use the "T" off the manifold to suck antifreeze through the 3 pumps in the thread:

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=32925

I have not tried that yet. My one question would be if you need to close the valve to the thru-hull pickup in order to get suction through the "T". Maybe Thrall can comment if that was needed. Last year, I just emptied them as much as possible from the dash. (with the boat at a couple different angles).

rgardjr1
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Here's how I did mine last year. Drained the tanks with the pumps. Hooked up the fake a lake to the ballast intake on bottom of boat. Cut off about a foot and a half of an old garden hose and hooked it up to fake a lake. Garden hose into a bucket filled with a gallon of RV Antifreeze. Sucked 1 gallon into each tank. Emptied each tank until RV Antifreeze came out ballast drains on side of boat.

Thrall
10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Don't need to close the thru hull valve. Just screw a chunk of garden hose on or a female hose bib adapter with some hose and a funnel. Turn a pump on to fill, dump coolant in. Repeat for all 3. Then run each pump individually until you see some coolant come out the empty ports.
I used 2 gal per tank, not sure how much water was left in them after running the pumps on empty with then nose up and nose down. If the boat was going to be stored outside in sub zero temps I may have added another gal per tank.

meg
10-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Last year I took the rear panel off and hooked the hose directly to the ballast lines-there was actually a mate for the hose there. anyone do this?

venetrex
10-18-2009, 08:39 AM
I used a long curved funnel and added antifreeze thru the ballast vents on the outside of the boat, then just reversed the pumps till I saw red. Easy, simple, effective.

carracer
10-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I think using the vents is the best way, just add fluid in about one gallon in each tank then bump the toggle to empty the tanks until you see fluid anti-freeze comming out. This is the funny part of my story when my boat was new I asked my dealer which of the vents were ballast. They told me to blow into the vents and the ones that blew back were ballast. Guys don't let your wife see you do this because She will be jealous. The wives already believe we have to close of a relationship with our boats to now let them see us giving the vents a blow job.